Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch fault.

Options
  • 04-03-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Well last night during the night the alarm caused a brown trouser moment and me loading my gun ( yes i'm serious).

It goes off about 4am. Checked the house and no break in. The unit status says sensor 5 tampered with. The sensor hasn't been touched and looks physically ok. It even sets the alarm off when not set every few minutes:mad:

Any ideas why? I'm guessing sensor 5 is faulty? Could the battery in the sensor cause it? The unit in question below:

alarm.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you press the system status button it should tell you if the battery is low on that sensor, If so replace the sensor battery. The tamper is referring to the tamper on the device. Drop the lid on your panel, enter your user code. If you open the sensor there is a spring inside the sensor. Check this is catching in the lid area for the spring. Close up the sensor, close up the lid on the panel. Press the status button, listen to what is said then press disarm. If you still have this fault you may need to delete the sensor and enroll it again.

Let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 frazzer

I've a phonewatch alarm system which is no longer monitored and therefore has no maintenance! The alarm is going off at about 4 am. Ive checked the status and am getting a low battery alarm on the panel... any idea where I could get a new battery for this?? This is the alarm I have.

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/Kaceman1/DSC00344.jpg

thanks for any advice.

That is a concord panel. You will need a 12v 2.2amp battery. Best place to look for a replacement is on the suppliers list here.

Replacing the battery is easy enough. Turn off the mains going to the control panel. Release the two screws that hold the front of the control panel on. Place a screw driver in the center top to release the catch that holds the keypad in place. It will drop from the top towards you. The battery is in the back.

Any problems let me know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 carbonchem

I have the same alarm going off every 3-4 hours - system low battery. Having seen other replies I turned off the power, opened up the system panel and the battery inside is a 6v - 3.8Ah battery - Do I need to replace this (I have it seven years I think) or someone else mentioned something about a walk setting?

That is correct. If you drop the lid, enter your user code. Press test, then done. Walk test the sensors on the system. The alarm will say sensor test complete press done to accept. Press done. Close up the lid and press the status button. If it still says system low battery you will need to replace the battery.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor - thanks for that - I appreciate your help - is the user code the code I enter normally to switch on and off the alarm? It is years since I actually was with Eircom so the only code I have (remember) is that one.

carbonchem wrote: »
    Hi Altor - thanks for that - I appreciate your help - is the user code the code I enter normally to switch on and off the alarm? It is years since I actually was with Eircom so the only code I have (remember) is that one.

Hi carbonchem,

Yes, that is correct. Your user code will allow walk test the system. If you have any paper work off the alarm more than happy to help you get the engineer code if you need it :D

Altor - thank you for your assistance. With your essential help, finally my alarm has is fixed ! Greatly appreciated.:D

carbonchem wrote: »
    Altor - thank you for your assistance. With your essential help, finally my alarm has is fixed ! Greatly appreciated.:D

Your welcome carbonchem, hopefully that is the end of the sleepless nights :D
    If you ever have any problems, you know where to get me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

altor wrote: »
    That is correct. If you drop the lid, enter your user code. Press test, then done. Walk test the sensors on the system. The alarm will say sensor test complete press done to accept. Press done. Close up the lid and press the status button. If it still says system low battery you will need to replace the battery.

Hey, just doing this at the moment on my alarm. It seems to be going in a loop, is that right? How long should it take? Or am I supposed to do something when it's gone through the lot once?

I'm checking a low battery status. Managed to turn down the volume on it. Am having trouble opening up the sensor (patio door) that's going off. It's like this one here but white:

Sensor_with_Cover.jpg

• Advertisement

Figured out the walkthrough, still looking for some help on how I open the sensor. I'm afraid I'll break it!

Tks!

Edit......

And, it kept asking me to test the patio door so I'm guessing the battery really is low. Plus a sensor that I don't have. It says "Sensor 8 Upstairs Window" but I don't have any on the upstairs Window. So is this because the engineer programmed one that wasn't there? How do I delete that?

The other thing that worried me was the downstairs window's didn't go off until I closed them really hard....hmm!

On the top of the sensor if you press it in then lever the lid towards you will open it for you.

Thanks Altor, have it turned down, bleeps and all and put a scarf around it to drown out the sound still coming out of it. So should be good for tonight. Flipping heck, MacGyver would be proud.

At least I can still leave the alarm on now.

Will get at the sensor tomorrow and replace the battery. Tks!

shinny wrote: »
    Thanks Altor, have it turned down, bleeps and all and put a scarf around it to drown out the sound still coming out of it. So should be good for tonight. Flipping heck, MacGyver would be proud.

At least I can still leave the alarm on now.

Will get at the sensor tomorrow and replace the battery. Tks!

An easier option would be to turn off the trouble beeps :D
    Delete option 1 ;)

I would not leave it like that though as they are there for a reason.
    Simply add option 1 to turn back on when you have it fixed.

There must be something learned into zone 8 for it to be saying there is something on it. Any keyfobs or remotes, could just be named incorrectly.

altor wrote: »
    An easier option would be to turn off the trouble beeps :D
    Delete option 1 ;)

I would not leave it like that though as they are there for a reason.
    Simply add option 1 to turn back on when you have it fixed.

There must be something learned into zone 8 for it to be saying there is something on it. Any keyfobs or remotes, could just be named incorrectly.

Woohoo, thanks for that. Beeps deleted. Yeah, I can put it back on once I've sorted it all. Thanks a lot Altor, much appreciated!

No key fobs or remotes, nothing was ever put up there so not sure why it's on it.

shinny wrote: »
    Woohoo, thanks for that. Beeps deleted. Yeah, I can put it back on once I've sorted it all. Thanks a lot Altor, much appreciated!

Your welcome, any other problems, you know where I am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

Hi Altor i have an eircom phone watch system (out of contract, have engineers code) im looking to change the angle of a sensor in my kitchen, i recently got a dog and he keeps setting off the alarm how can i adjust the height of the sensor... any help would be great.

kerdiff wrote: »
    Hi Altor i have an eircom phone watch system (out of contract, have engineers code) im looking to change the angle of a sensor in my kitchen, i recently got a dog and he keeps setting off the alarm how can i adjust the height of the sensor... any help would be great.

Hi kerdiff,

When you say you need to change the angle I presume you want to fit the shock on the top of the frame rather than on the face of it. If you open the sensor it will activate the alarm, simply entering your user code on the keypad will turn it off. Then remove the two screws that is used to fix it to the window.
    If you are placing the sensor on its side you will need to turn the sensor head to match, the logo on the head should be readable from left to right.

Any problems let us know.

Sorry altor its a motion sensor screwed to the corner on the inside of my kitchen wall

Sorry altor its a motion sensor screwed to the corner on the inside of my kitchen wall

Ha :D

You will either need to get a pet motion or else try masking off the the area on the front cover inside the motion when you open it with tape. Trial and error but will work.

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor will give it a go.....

Thanks Altor will give it a go..... Just 2 short questions (1) can i get the eircom alarm to contact my phone if an my alarm goes off and (2) my parents have an aritech CD34 and im looking for engineers code to change the alarm code...(second hand house they bought from someone else) is there a generic code.. thanks again.

Yes, some of there systems have a domestic dialer built in that will allow it contact you. If not a dialer can be added that can be triggered off the external bell, dame with most systems. If you enter the code on you the alarm does this bring up a menu that allows you change the code. If not you would need to default the alarm and set it back up to change the code.

when i enter the alarm code it does not show me a menu is there anything i can do

when i enter the alarm code it does not show me a menu is there anything i can do

What system have you installed ?

its an aritech same as this one in photo

its an aritech same as this one in photo

If the code privileges are not allowed it wont let you into the menu. The only option is to default and reprogram the system.

can u help me with this:)

can u help me with this:)

More than happy too. What do you need to know?

• Advertisement

how to change the date and time and access code

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement