Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the pain of a tattoo put you off?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I was so wound up before I got mine that the adrenaline kicked in and I actually enjoyed the experience! It wasn't pain as such, more of an odd scraping feeling. Watching the tattoo happen though takes your mind off it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ive been thinking of getting one done for a long time but i always get put off because im not sure if how much it will hurt, i have skinny arm's i just think it would be like someone drilling into my bone with a needle, also i dont want a small tat if i want to get my whole arm done bleh i dunno they should have some thing were you can see what it feels like before you get one done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Ive been thinking of getting one done for a long time but i always get put off because im not sure if how much it will hurt, i have skinny arm's i just think it would be like someone drilling into my bone with a needle, also i dont want a small tat if i want to get my whole arm done bleh i dunno they should have some thing were you can see what it feels like before you get one done
    Thats exactly what it feels like tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

Thats exactly what it feels like tbh

i lol'd

and to the coment that is above the one i just quoted ,
    yes its painful at times , but , wen a tattoo is done rite you dont seem to care about the pain ,

altho when i was gething the word "smile " tattoo'd on my backside i dunno wat was worse , the pain or the fact that there was some man staring and touching my arse for 20 minutes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

I'm getting a new tattoo done next Wednesday. Yes there will be some pain for the little while. If you really want a tattoo the pain shouldn't be the deciding factor if you get it done or not. It will be well worth it when you see the finished piece. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

It wouldnt be the same without the pain, its all part of the experience. The nerves and the adrenaline rush before going in, and of course the excitement of getting the piece done itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Getting my first one done this weekend, nervous enough but I'm sure it'll be grand :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I actually rather enjoy the pain, not much of an issue for me

Advertisement