Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭tanko

Have you never made a mistake with brothers names?? Have you any thoughts on the game?? Calm down ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭rrs

Great win. Banty the cowboy won't be as cocky now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Oh we of little faith

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

So true a great win and bragging rights at work

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That was a very pleasant surprise especially with so many missing. Well done Cavan and sorry for doubting you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Oh that was immensely enjoyable!! Fantastic win, with some absolutely heroic performances out there. 3 in a row over the mushroom pickers, do we get to keep them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭benjy1000

great win, fair play lads, I didn’t see that coming, delighted I was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭mylestheslasher

Fair play to Banty, he was right a record win. 😂

More later. In the chipper in Blacklion for a well earned feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Fair play myles it's a short drive home this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheGadfly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Attack the post not the poster folks, no need for name calling

The 2 goal were brilliant finishes. Faulker has scored a few goals like that at club and County breaking through. Gerry Smith showed great speed breaking down the wing for his goal. Paddy Lynch was excellent from frees and a few points from play.

defence defended well. Killian Brady a good battling perfomance. Oisin Brady was wasteful at times and should have passed it, but kicked a nice score at start of second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

What's evident today was Cavan's willingness to take the extra solo, make the extra pass, take the more difficult shot to go for goal. Previously there has been a tendency to take the point a touch early.

If Clifford scored the goal Faulkner did, we'd be hearing about it for weeks! An outrageous show of skill and bravery from our captain.

It's been a rough month for the county results-wise. We needed that shot in the arm..

It was an important win today after how the league ended. They could have waiting until May 18./19th for the All Ireland series low on confidence. At least they have a win behind them, and give it a lash against Tyrone in Breffni. I watched Tyrone in a few league games and they were far from convincing. Darragh Canavan was the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

Great win. Well done Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,725 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It will be a home game for Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Great game some lads stood up today and gave good performances. Carlon is some lad to break at speed. Beanie kept McManus to a point from play and was decent in the transition. Paddy Lynch and them frees in the first half kept us in the game.

I've been critical of Galligan but tactically spot on today.

As for Tyrone they do not look the force of old Canavan is the main danger but I'd imagine Beanie will be up for another marking job. We are well over due beating them but it will not be easy.

On a side note anybody on good terms with a bishop have a confirmation the day of the Tyrone game I could do with been poached back and hour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Fantastic victory that nobody saw coming to be honest. We pulled that one out of nowhere.

That said, Paddy Lynch will be lucky if he’s not triple marked in 2 weeks. Cian Madden & Oisin Brady provided very little. Brady improved but trying to let him play himself into form isn’t working.

James Smith going off was unfortunate. He was left around the middle and showed that’s where he belongs.

Gary O’Rourke very assured in goals. Was unlucky to concede as he’d made the initial save.

The game is is Omagh. i thought had Cavan won today it was home advantage.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/68728052

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭tazman06

It's Breffni. If the away team wins the preliminary, they get home for the quarters.

Nothing there says Omagh. Just named Tyrone first as they were known. Venue is tbc on that, but it's set that if the away team wins the preliminary they get home in quarters

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That Hail Mary effort Brady took from away out on the wing in the second half was a 1/10 chance and he should not have been taking that risk. It was foolish. I hope Galligan has a word with them about wasteful shooting. A Monaghan lad did the same later on too and i was delighted with him.

I met a lad in the jacks at half time and he said that we'd need to improve for the second half. My reply was that I was happy with being only 2 down after playing against that wind. I was saying to the kids during the first half that if we go in no more than 3 down we have a great chance.

It may have looked different on telly but that was an outstanding performance all round. I wouldn't be critical of anyone considering some of the performances towards the end of the league. The difference was night and day. Everyone played well over the course of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭mylestheslasher

Game is 100% in Breffni but maybe we should offer to play it in Omagh given our record in Breffni lately.

Our record against Tyrone is always atrocious. Yet I can't recall playing them in Breffni in Championship recent years. Always Omagh or Clones. So I'll take them at home any day and give them a rattle from there

They had a retirements over the winter, Niall Sudden, Ronan McNamee. McNamee was always no nonsense in the full back line. Some of the older players like Mattie Donnelly missed a lot of football, cane back at end of league.

• Advertisement

Watching the game back near midnight as I'm a loser. Jack McCarron won't be able to sleep tonight as he'll keep seeing Killian Gunner Brady spooking him at every turn

Advertisement