Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Sunday game not showing the elbow on thomas galligan or the two black cards during the game. Be interesting if they 'analyse' it after the highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It’s killing Cavanagh to give Cavan credit here, why does he dislike them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Johner wrote: »

Ha ha so true

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Thunderbirds

Nipping and spitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭rrs

He got roughed up by Nicolas Walsh around 04. Might be that.

fantastic win today.. Everyone was excellent. Barry Cassidy less said about him. They should have refs from other provinces reffing the Provincial finals like in other provinces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RTÉ refusing to again discuss the refereeing performance.
    Cowards to the core. Turn a blind eye to anything contraversal.

It seems Rte don't want to go into controversial details. They have a new producer for Sport so maybe limited in what they can say

Cavab while they might not beat Dublin, will he more competitive then Meath. Better midfield and keeper. Meath gifted aboue 2-3 from their own kickouts.

That wss probaly best performance from a Cavan team since the 2011 U21 win against Tyrone. The hunger age intensity similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

rrs wrote: »
    It seems Rte don't want to go into controversial details. They have a new producer for Sport so maybe limited in what they can say

Cavab while they might not beat Dublin, will he more competitive then Meath. Better midfield and keeper. Meath gifted aboue 2-3 from their own kickouts.

That wss probaly best performance from a Cavan team since the 2011 U21 win against Tyrone. The hunger age intensity similar

They brought up the farce in the leinster championship so that's their quota for touchy subjects reached for the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭mylestheslasher

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Ha ha so true

Ask Nicholas Walsh. He made Sean cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

RTÉ refusing to again discuss the refereeing performance.
    Cowards to the core. Turn a blind eye to anything contraversal.

That elbow to Galligans eye looks worse every time i see it, not even a yellow card for it. The "analysis" on the Sunday game is a joke.
    To beat Donegal with fourteen men for twenty minutes makes it an even better achievement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Cavanagh doesn't like Cavan, but Mickey Harte, Canavan and McConville on BBC gave us every credit and for me that says it all.

I must actually credit BBC because their coverage was very good this year I thought, and the interviews today with them were fantastic the emotions said it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Thunderbirds

tanko wrote: »
    That elbow to Galligans eye looks worse every time i see it, not even a yellow card for it. The "analysis" on the Sunday game is a joke.
    To beat Donegal with fourteen men for twenty minutes makes it an even better achievement.

Donegal only scored 3 points at 15 v 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Navanboyo

A Disappointing night for us Meath supporters last night and i found it hard to sit down and watch any football today, but so glad that i did.

Tipperary and Cavan today showed what real passion and skill was. Delighted to see Tipp win and thought the day couldnt get any better but then our neighbours took to the stage and what a performance they put in.

I thought Cavan were brilliant and totally deserved their win. It was so uplifting to see them battle for every ball and whilst some people may talk just about their battling performance, i for one was blown away by the quality of their play.

Congrats and enjoy the win.

Cavan
    Ulster champions 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Cavab while they might not beat Dublin, w
    ill he more competitive then Meath. Better midfield and keeper. Meath gifted aboue 2-3 from their own kickouts.

Mickey Graham has beat famous Dublin teams as underdogs before.

In Mickey, 31 counties trust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Cavanagh doesn't like Cavan, but Mickey Harte, Canavan and McConville on BBC gave us every credit and for me that says it all.

I must actually credit BBC because their coverage was very good this year I thought, and the interviews today with them were fantastic the emotions said it all.

BBC streets ahead. Mc Conville called the elbow at half time as well and the black card being a farce.

A few lads look likely to be joining Jim Reilly and Dermot McCabe with All Stars.

It was class to see Tipp win also. The same 4 Provincial winners on the 100th year anniversary. Quinlivan and Sweeney top quality players. O Riordan immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Don’t think Jim Reilly ever got an allstar.
    Are Ollie Brady and Dermot McCabe not the only Cavan allstars?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gaafan21

Absolutely fantastic result. It would be unfair to single any players out. Everyone had a part to play! Mickey Graham will forever go down in the history books and rightly so. Tactically spot on. Just delighted!!! A long time coming! As for calls for moving it from croke park, I get it but at the same time they deserve to play there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 themink

A big pleasing aspect of this win for Cavan is that even though they didn't seem to be getting the rub of the green.. they still won. With the multiple refereeing decisions and missed goal chances, it felt like it was going to be a missed opportunity. Gives some cause for optimism going into the Dublin game that they have this type of performance levels in them. A notable moment for me was James Smith taking on and then scoring an excellent point soon after missing his goal chance. Shows a sign of his and the team's mental strength.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

A few lads look likely to be joining Jim Reilly and Dermot McCabe with All Stars.

It was class to see Tipp win also. The same 4 Provincial winners on the 100th year anniversary. Quinlivan and Sweeney top quality players. O Riordan immense.

Totally agree this was a special day in GAA and will go down in history, Tipperary absolutely deserved their win today and we have faced them several times in recent years, on their day they are a formidable outfit. Quinlivan and Sweeney are some of the best forwards in the game, O'Riordan and Brian Fox fantastic. Best of luck to them Vs Mayo and they deserve the Munster title today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭rn

From a rossie, congratulations cavan. We've had some big duels in the last 15 years or so, so very familiar with ye. Delighted for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Jasus lads it’s great to be waking up as ulster champions!

Well done to all the lads yesterday! What a day to be a cavan man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Had the strangest dream last night...Cavan won the Ulster title. Mad right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Holy **** lads..... It wasn't a dream
    WE ARE ULSTER CHAMPIONS 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

delighted with Cavan's win. from his own managerial history, you can't write off Mickey Graham as an underdog.

also great to see that 2 of the semi finalists are in Div 3 next year, so if it was a normal year, then they wouldn't even be in tier one this year.
    the second tier is doomed before it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Robert2014

As someone with one half of family coming from Cavan, congratulations! I still remember the celebrations in 97, I didn't think it would take so long. I hope there is time in the coming months for it to be celebrated properly. I hope ye give it to the Dubs now!

tanko wrote: »
    Don’t think Jim Reilly ever got an allstar.
    Are Ollie Brady and Dermot McCabe not the only Cavan allstars?

Yes sorry Ollie Brady and McCabe the 2 All Stars

Cian Mackey was a great player for Cavan and deserved a medal. There was more football in him at County level, same age as Martin Reilly and Ray Galligan, unlucky to retire the year Cavan won it.

Mark Mckeever, Mossie Corr were good servants down the years too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Mickey Graham has beat famous Dublin teams as underdogs before.

In Mickey, 31 counties trust

In mickey, your ma trusts.
    Congrats to Cavan, a momentous achievement, but would ya just stop. Trump has more chance of winning the election than Cavan have of beating Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

With regards the All Star awards, From.63-69, they were called the Cu Chulain awards, Gabriel Kelly won 3, Charlie Gallagher won 1 and Ray Carolan 2.
    I'd say Thomas Galligan is a dead cert this year..
    We will loads more, in with a very good chance...

Advertisement