Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax Multiblock, Modification?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

That's why I say Multifeed needs 78* to 110, and typically 90/95 Triax, as the gain off axis drops quickly, and why I align Multifeed dish on 16E.

* Depending on Location. Wexford/Waterford corner of Ireland is better for 9, 13, 16, 19, 23, 26, 28, 39, 42
    Dundalk is better for Nordic/Baltic beams/Spots

Midlands to Midwest 90/95 triax,
    West 110cm Triax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 babico

17 satellite to 1 dish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

babico wrote: »
    17 satellite to 1 dish

Sweet divine I taught Id seen it all...until now that is lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 foxyboy

excollier wrote: »
    Impressive!

banie01, nice multisat setup posted, im trying the same myself, just for clarification are your centered on 16E and aligning dish according to settings from dishpointer for 16E for your location ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭banie01

foxyboy wrote: »
    banie01, nice multisat setup posted, im trying the same myself, just for clarification are your centered on 16E and aligning dish according to settings from dishpointer for 16E for your location ?

Dishpointer settings are a good guide, to get you aimed in the general direction before ya start tweaking!
    Yes I am centered on 16e, signal adjusted and peaked with a single LNB mounted.
    Then the madness started ;)
    Current setup on this dish is 7Lnbs! haha
    Good luck with your project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭championc

Right, I've got my Triax Multiblock so I'm ready to commence this "project". I have a 1m Lenson Heath dish so I think I've plenty of dish to work with, being located in Dublin. The dish was originally motorised when I put it up 20 years ago so I know it's properly aligned to the Clark Belt - but it's now fixed and locked to 28.2.

From reading down through this thread, I should re-drill the arm to centre and prime focus on 16e - yes ? I am thinking about lnb's at 13e, 19e, 28.2e and one more (undecided as to where yet - any recommendations ?)

Finally, I plan to just buy some quad lnb's. Any recommendations for any particular brands / models of lnb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

championc wrote: »
    Right, I've got my Triax Multiblock so I'm ready to commence this "project". I have a 1m Lenson Heath dish so I think I've plenty of dish to work with, being located in Dublin. The dish was originally motorised when I put it up 20 years ago so I know it's properly aligned to the Clark Belt - but it's now fixed and locked to 28.2.

From reading down through this thread, I should re-drill the arm to centre and prime focus on 16e - yes ? I am thinking about lnb's at 13e, 19e, 28.2e and one more (undecided as to where yet - any recommendations ?)

Finally, I plan to just buy some quad lnb's. Any recommendations for any particular brands / models of lnb ?

You should turn the bar upside down too before you drill.

Black Ultra LNBs are suppposed to be the best but satplanet do cheap good ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

championc wrote: »
    I have a 1m Lenson Heath dish so I think I've plenty of dish to work with, being located in Dublin. The dish was originally motorised when I put it up 20 years ago so I know it's properly aligned to the Clark Belt - but it's now fixed and locked to 28.2.

From reading down through this thread, I should re-drill the arm to centre and prime focus on 16e - yes ? I am thinking about lnb's at 13e, 19e, 28.2e and one more

Probably no need to redrill anything, depending what other sat. position you end up going for & where you decide to actually align the dish. Seems the multiblock should be fixed with the mounting hole to the bottom, to allow enough tilt for proper positioning of the outer LNBs: does the Triax mounting bracket fit the Lenson Heath dish arm?

Mightn't be a bad idea to stick up a pic. of your Lenson Heath dish.

I still have have whole original polar mount mounting on the dish (with actuator), so at 28.2e the lnb arm is already leaning to 8 o'clock / 2 o'clock (or 7 / 1), the multiblock arm should hopefully sit straight in and follow this same angle (it would be 9 o'clock / 3 o'clock at 0 deg).

I know that Triax took over Lenson Heath so I took a punt that the mount will work but I have my drill at the ready should I need to try and cobble something together since I certainly couldn't find anything anywhere about anything specifically for my LH

EDIT: Found these photos on another forum. This is exactly my one
    2qn8xaq.jpg
    288ytrc.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Ah, forgot the dish is still on the polar mount, that should give your multiblock the right tangent to the arc.

You will want to align the dish a bit further west though, with 28 east on an offset. (Apart from the unlikely event you decide to go for something like 42 east.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

The Triax Multibracket is made for the TD series of Triax Dishes.

I am 99% positive that it wont fit on a Lenson. The insert of the bracket is too wide.

You are restricted to using generic brackets, most of which are not stable.

STB wrote: »
    The Triax Multibracket is made for the TD series of Triax Dishes.

I am 99% positive that it wont fit on a Lenson. The insert of the bracket is too wide.

You are restricted to using generic brackets, most of which are not stable.

Sounds like I'll be busy with the hacksaw, drill, lump hammer ..........

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Ah, forgot the dish is still on the polar mount, that should give your multiblock the right tangent to the arc.

You will want to align the dish a bit further west though, with 28 east on an offset. (Apart from the unlikely event you decide to go for something like 42 east.)

I discovered my LNB arm of my LH is corroding badly where water was lodging at the bottom elbow of the arm. By a stroke of luck, I've managed to get hold of a Triax TD88 so the MultiBlock will connect straight on.

I'm living in Dublin. I plan to have 4 x LNB's pointing at 13e, 19.2e, 23.5e and 28.2e (oh to have BEIN on 25.5e :( ) As per @Watty's advise on the other thread, should I re-drill the LNB arm further along to have 28.2e more offset or should 4 x standard LNB's work OK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭reignschaos

If your going for 25.5, you will need to set that as your focal point. I followed the points on other threads here and they said invert the bar and drill in. Oh and the main thing to ensure for this set up is that you have your elevation spot on. Use dishpointer.com

Also IBA has that same set up on I think on his Triax 88.

From what I believe, 25.5 is now impossible with possibly anything less than a 3m dish. Can anyone confirm ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

If your going for 25.5, you will need to set that as your focal point. I followed the points on other threads here and they said invert the bar and drill in.

Inverting the bar is to put the mounting hole at the bottom & get more slope on the bar to aid reception of the offset sat. positions, nothing to do with the sat. at the focal point. (Might even have an adverse effect there.)
    Oh and the main thing to ensure for this set up is that you have your elevation spot on.

Elevation & azimuth have to be 'spot on' for any setup: a satellite dish is very directional, moreso the bigger the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

If your going for 25.5, you will need to set that as your focal point. I followed the points on other threads here and they said invert the bar and drill in. Oh and the main thing to ensure for this set up is that you have your elevation spot on. Use dishpointer.com

Also IBA has that same set up on I think on his Triax 88.

Yes invert the bar and drill.

Look on the thread, whats your setup

Nearly the same. I have 26 Arabsat so I use that as the focal point.

I have 28/26/23.5/19/13

I do not know what sat is at 25.5

Advertisement