Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Beruthiel wrote: »
    /Edit
    BTW Mr. Goat, I like the change of thread title.
    It pleases me.
    'twernt me wot done it.
    If I changed the title it would read
    "Nun of your Blue talk in here, we are all respectable oulfolk ya know, like."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

OldGoat wrote: »
    'twernt me wot done it.

Oh. *Confused*

Perhaps Cicero still has editing abilities still available as the thread creator.
    Else those pesky Admin types are messing with your head.
    <.<
    >.>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Wouldn't be the first time. Right bunch of messers the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

The Charter states that if the above anti freeze is ever mentioned in this forum, you will be banned.
    If I make an exception for you, others will think I'm going soft in my auld age and we cannot have that happening.

As this is your first offence, I was going to ban you for a few hours, unfortunately the Mod CP only does one day and up, so I am requesting that you ban yourself for one hour.

This is me being really, really, really, really nice.

Next usage of above said anti freeze will result in more severe measures.
    Don't say that ye all haven't been warned!

/Edit
    It pleases me.

Thank you very much Beruthiel, much obliged. Very reasonable. I'll never mention.............'it' again !!

If anyone accuses you of being soft, I'll show them the jackboot imprint where you 'encouraged' me to ban myself !!! ;)

*bans self for an hour*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

nice modding!

oooh i'll have a cup of tea and a jam tart please!

..throws log on fire....remembers it's a gas fire:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

10 years ago on Good Friday I got a fishbone stuck in my throat and had to go to hospital to get it removed... i havent eaten fish since... but today I decided to have some for lunch and yes you guessed it... i swallowed a fishbone that got stuck... went to GP coz i have a phobia of hospitals, she couldnt see down far enough, told me to go home and eat lots of bread and if it is still painful in the morning i will have to go to eye & ear :(
    ... can someone please find my slippers and get me a very LARGE class of sherry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

ooh hard luck.

here have the bottle with a straw.

.....places ramette in recovery position just in case...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ramette wrote: »
    10 years ago on Good Friday I got a fishbone stuck in my throat and had to go to hospital to get it removed... i havent eaten fish since... but today I decided to have some for lunch and yes you guessed it... i swallowed a fishbone that got stuck... went to GP coz i have a phobia of hospitals, she couldnt see down far enough, told me to go home and eat lots of bread and if it is still painful in the morning i will have to go to eye & ear :(
    ... can someone please find my slippers and get me a very LARGE class of sherry

Oh you poor thing! :eek:

nice modding!

oooh i'll have a cup of tea and a jam tart please!

..throws log on fire....remembers it's a gas fire:eek:

You'll have to make the tea tonight..Im busy finishing my new vases :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeXFg6rX9Rp0aME_dRDUPzbQOJCTcrcbAdNL7mRDOfOTm9ljcBXQ

• Advertisement

oh gosh... they are ..em... a very unusual pair.... of vases
    I think you should keep them in your room when they are finished to make sure they dont get broken accidently when one of us is using our zimmer frame in the sitting room :rolleyes:
    I never realised you were so creative chucken.. is that old goat's pipe i see on the side of one of them?
    **downs entire contents of sherry**

oh gosh... they are ..em... a very unusual pair.... of vases
    I think you should keep them in your room when they are finished to make sure they dont get broken accidently when one of us is using our zimmer frame in the sitting room :rolleyes:
    I never realised you were so creative chucken.. is that old goat's pipe i see on the side of one of them?
    **downs entire contents of sherry**

Oh thanks very much for the compliment! Sure I'll make 2 for you as well :D and one of these!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsAbalP_HFgoZJTAR9uFtnl7BBR5jeW4DevEVhycXeoTsJxLcshA

Oh lord..that does look like Mr goats pipe. Quick hide that one fast!

oh i remember those things.. cant remember what they are called.. gosh arent you all creative today.. why dont you take a rest and have some sherry?

Have to keep the decoration up to style you know!
    Yes..I think I'll take a break..Is there a sup left in that sherry bottle? Thanks!

*limps back into forum with jackboot shaped bruise on rump*

I've served me sentance! :D

Ramette!

I got a fishbone stuck on my throat in Greece. The waiters gave me a great tip which really worked (in case it should ever happen again) take a piece of dry bread (prefereably white) and eat it.

It catches the fishbone and brings it down!

True story!!! :pac:

Evening all !!! Isn't there a great stretch in the evenings!

PS Ramette, I meant to say dry crusty white bread like a hard crusty baguette, not soft fresh bread! Please tell us you are ok !!?

thanks cheap thrills but i have eaten half a loaf of very solid brown bread and no budge!
    by the way lucky escape on the breaking the rules... glass of liebfraumilch?

thanks cheap thrills but i have eaten half a loaf of very solid brown bread and no budge!
    by the way lucky escape on the breaking the rules... glass of liebfraumilch?

Er !!
    *checks charter*

ok why not!?
    *proffers glass*

Just to keep you company like! :D

Aw, sorry that bread-trick didn't work. Well you could always eat a 'Sink and Drain Unblocker' tablet, I swear by them! ;)

Ah no, on a serious note. Hope it isn't too hurty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

It pleases me.

You're welcome...:)
    Perhaps Cicero still has editing abilities still available as the thread creator.
    <.<
    >.>

Twas me....I took some guidance from some early posters to this thread and decided that the "God" should be changed to "god" so to cater for worshipers of the Chopper bicycle, Duran Duran and 12 inch singles...:p

Evening Chaps and Chapesses.....:)

Any chance of a pint of plain? long day.

*produces a pint of plain*

Tis a good name for the off-topic and chat thread!

That or the Chintzy sofa! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Thanks Cheap Thrills.:)..*slurp*...ahh...that's much better....the amendment to the name appeared to work alright...it's a bit tongue in cheek...not to be taken seriously...if we can't laugh at ourselves, others will..:p

• Advertisement

Cicero wrote: »
    Thanks Cheap Thrills.:)..*slurp*...ahh...that's much better....the amendment to the name appeared to work alright...it's a bit tongue in cheek...not to be taken seriously...if we can't laugh at ourselves, others will..:p

*cheers! clinks Liebfraumilch with Cicero's pint'o plain*

Good work with that amendment!

That's what's great about getting older! We don't CARE if 'others' laugh!

:D

I'm supposed to be out on a photowalk with a bunch of Boardsies right now* but instead I'm in here, sniffling and coughing and passing my germs around to ye lot so that ye can share in my misery.
    /Atchooooooo

*More likely in the pub by now then still out taking photographs.:(

/Sniff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Ramette,it's posible the bone is gone and what's left is some irritation which will be gone in the morning.

Dr Drake Ramore

Get better soon Old Goat !!

I've just finished 10 days of antibiotics for a stubborn sinus infection!!

I blame the nephews and nieces! Snotty season? Or is it just me?

*recently better, avoids slobbery kisses from kids, eyes snot encrusted kids suspiciously*

:o

*feels guilty*

Pesky medding kids!!!

Evening again! Hi all. :).
    Cheap Thrills!
    How's your nether regions? You sore? :(

Poor oldgoat..hope you feel better soon.

Hey! Im actually feeling healthy today...Now theres a new one! :eek:

I just had a llllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg soak in the bath, nice while the water is free. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

hi all..

what is it with this year and colds?

I am so sick of being sick..

every time I nearly get better it comes back again after a few days..

snotty season indeed.. :(

i better make some more chicken soup.. sit down there in front of the fire, cheap thrills make the man a hot toddy

CHUCKEN... you used up all the hot water... now i have none to do the washing up

Did you get the flu injection? I dont know if that stops a cold but I havent had as much as a sniffle.

i better make some more chicken soup.. sit down there in front of the fire, cheap thrills make the man a hot toddy

CHUCKEN... you used up all the hot water... now i have none to do the washing up

Relax there cant you! I put timber in the fire,I'll wash up later.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

chucken1 wrote: »
    Did you get the flu injection? I dont know if that stops a cold but I havent had as much as a sniffle.

No, I never got it.

Just can't ever remember having a cold this long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement