Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have absolutely no idea what you're all on about. It's like the ramblings of dotage.

I'll leave you to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

looksee wrote: »
    Here lads, anyone around? Just make yourselves respectable, we might be having visitors. Somebody get out the good tea set. I'll put the kettle on.

It is all Looksee's fault. She started it! Whatever it is! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,063 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its all a bit existential.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Existential?
    /Locks and hides the drugs cabinet.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Its all a bit existential.

I'm lost. Totally lost. :confused: Is this a ploy just to see how many of us are still alive?

• Advertisement

Did you know that 'just deserts' as in 'he'll get his just deserts' only has one 's'. I didn't know that.

Old Goat, you were too late.

Has this turned into another one of those 'easy' quizzes? If so, I'm out!

Nah, I was just trying to change the subject :D

At the moment I have a plumber, a heating man, two guttering people and a tiler/carpenter/generally invaluable person milling about the place. All with their own vans. There was a delivery lorry here a few minutes ago. Another one expected shortly, plus a guy to fix the well. And my car, and a skip. Its getting a mite crowded out there. I have finally managed to sit down in the middle of the chaos with a cup of tea (that I had to re-heat :( ). This could go on for some time :D (I just moved house, it needed some work!) The cats have gone into hiding.

Nah, I was just trying to change the subject :D

At the moment I have a plumber, a heating man, two guttering people and a tiler/carpenter/generally invaluable person milling about the place. All with their own vans. There was a delivery lorry here a few minutes ago. Another one expected shortly, plus a guy to fix the well. And my car, and a skip. Its getting a mite crowded out there. I have finally managed to sit down in the middle of the chaos with a cup of tea (that I had to re-heat :( ). This could go on for some time :D (I just moved house, it needed some work!) The cats have gone into hiding.

You disturbed our slumber, and now you're looking for sympatea!! Well, I have a little bit of sympathy for you because we are presently awaiting tradesmen too so reheat two mugs of tea please! I'm worn out already.

Oh sorry, were you slumbering? :D No wonder its been quiet in here.

So the well man didn't turn up and nor did the second delivery man, but lots of other stuff got done. The entire house is covered in a layer of grit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Did you know that 'just deserts' as in 'he'll get his just deserts' only has one 's'. I didn't know that.

Old Goat, you were too late.

I count four?

Oh sorry, were you slumbering? :D No wonder its been quiet in here.

So the well man didn't turn up and nor did the second delivery man, but lots of other stuff got done. The entire house is covered in a layer of grit.

True Grit?

No, much grittier than that. And dust. And cobwebs.

How long will you have your tradespeople Looksee? Will you be needing a lot of tea?

Kitchen fitters turned up today (and me hoping for a lie-in) but had to abandon the job when they broke a worktop, but they have made a start. Another person turned up to put a filter on the well - he was supposed to come yesterday but didn't, so it was lucky I was in. The electrician who was to make a flying visit to make a shower usable never showed. Mind you I did fall asleep in the chair in the afternoon, so its just possible...

Kitchen people to come again Monday. Electrician to come Monday. General builder of stud walls and applier of tiles to also come Monday. Plumber to come Wednesday. Guttering people to come Monday also. Have to organise flooring, and get back to the painters to put them off for another couple of weeks while windows are put in. So its looking like end of November for painting. We might be civilised for Christmas! Its all going relatively smoothly so far, fingers crossed.

On the subject of tea though, its apparently a thing of the past, making tea for builders. They have all been offered and all without exception have refused. They bring their own, or don't drink tea. Just as well really as my cooking/ washing up/ tea making facilities are a little - er - limited at the moment.

I hear ya sister! That's a lorra tradespeople, and a lorra work happening there Looksee. It'll be lovely when its finished but unfortunately you have to go through the pain first. The last time we had chaps working here they did take a tray of tea outside, but didn't come in as they were working outside. I was glad really, happy to hand out three trays of tea and bickies every day for ten days I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I have returned to the fold
    I am slightly creased mind lol

I missed you all

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

\o/ YAY!! :)

Welcome back, Rube.

*Sends over clothes press*

Homey what a wonderful welcome I am so sorry I left you in the lurch by vanishing like that But I couldn't help it xx

anyway I will not be back properly for a while I will let you know when I know myself xx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ok, so the clothes press wasn't enough. Industrial steam iron, perhaps? And some starch??

(Feel better soon, Rube! :))

• Advertisement

I will feel better when the nurse arrives to change my dressings homey lol

"Oh, Matron", etc. :D

Rubecula wrote: »
    I have returned to the fold
    I am slightly creased mind lol

I missed you all

I knew it. You're on an Origami course! :-D Welcome back bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Hi Rube, welcome back. Hope you are okay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hello everyone!
    Long time no see :o

Hello Chucken, haven't seen you for a long time! How you doing?

It's been FOUR years! :eek:
    Life is busy.
    How're you?

Demented thank you. My house organising continues, we are getting there but the odd gremlin is creeping in. Well was fixed Friday and unfixed itself Saturday so no water for the weekend. Well man not answering phone. At one stage we had no power either but house electrician came this morning, bless him, and sorted it as far as he could. Still no water but all power back.

Second skip filled with taken-out stuff from house and general rubbish from the garden. A full size kayak, a shower tray about 40 m from the house, endless rotten timber that had been miscellaneous seating / kids' dens / polytunnel, enough plates and dishes to start a restaurant, teapot, other kitchen stuff, a mattress from a lounger, the remains of a trampoline, a tent...none of which could be seen at first glance!

Anyway we are moving on and making progress.

CHUCKENNNNNNNNNNNN!! (Runs with outstretched arms offering welcome hugs!)
    Welcome back, it's been so long, we've missed ya!

• Advertisement

Awwwww :o
    I missed you lot too!
    Loads gone on in 4 years!
    How're you? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement