Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women drivers: EU rules against lower premiums for females

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

ztoical wrote: »
    My mums a GP and has had leave to have 3 babies in her career and took the grand total of 2 and half weeks off for each one which frankly isn't more then an average person would take for holidays during the year. She got a locum in to cover her work which is what most doctors do and paid for it out of her own pocket. The example of the pediatric dentist would imply a shortage of pediatric dentists in the country rather then some issue with maternity leave....a male doctor can get sick and need to take leave, they can have family issues come up that require them to take leave. My mothers partner is a male GP and he's taken far more time off then she ever has - she at least took leave to have babies, he takes it off to go play golf with his mates.
    Having worked in the public service, your mum is in the minority :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Tragedy wrote: »
    Having worked in the public service, your mum is in the minority :pac:

She's well aware that she is but that's not the fault of women but the fault of a stupid system that people [both male and female] openly taken advantage of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SarahG91

I think this is a ridiculous ruling, it will only lead to everybody being charged more in the name of "equality." :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ztoical wrote: »
    She's well aware that she is but that's not the fault of women but the fault of a stupid system that people [both male and female] openly taken advantage of.

Are you saying that allowing mothers to spend more than two weeks with their newborn child is a stupid system or am I taking you up all wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I think she's implying that the HSE/Civil Service level of Maternity Leave and various schemes that go with it and having young children are a stupid system that people take advantage of.

If she is, I agree!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SarahG91

FYI, I have been told that this rule will not be coming in until the end of 2012. So... cheap insurance for another while at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement