Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - March 2011

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Cloudy but dry, some sunny spells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Bright and breezy in Galway City. Temp 13.6C, light SW'ly wind & patchy cloud cover.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

10 deg,raining

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A bright breezy day in Castlebar,good sunshine at times.Clouded over from the SW this evening.Holding dry atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Gerry howley

making a few drops now in Castlebar hope it gets heavier:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Winds have gusted up to 54 KPH - Quite strong but more so because the anemometer is currently not on a pole where it normally is. It's currently almost at ground level in the back garden!

Winds almost gusting to 60 kph, again almost at ground level. Strongest winds I've experienced since I moved in last year. Constant breakup of TV signals due to dish blowing about. back garden is a bit messy now.

Winds gusting to 67 kph now! Damage beginning to occur now. Neighbour's patio roof is falling apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT2qBeRX_IY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

14.1°C ↑
    1004 hPa ↑
    Wind: 14 kmh /Gust over 40 kmh.
    No Precipitation.

Wind and Rain seemingly lashed the night making sleep sporadic, some heavy wind gusts that shook the house.

Surprised at the lack of rain as all occupants of the house thought is was lashing rain. I did look out about 4am and saw it dry and I was confused and went back to bed.

Damp but little or no measurable rainfall. ????

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Our trampoline took off across the fields just as I was waking up this morning. Got to the window just in time to see it disappear across the lawn..... where the heck did this wind come from out of nowhere? No signs last night when we went to bed that it could be windy.... (Carrickmacross Co. Monaghan)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Wet and windy in Galway City. Temp 9.7C from a balmy overnight low of 9.3C. WSW'ly winds are now abating with the most recent gust measuring 30.6pm/h

Overnight, the strongest winds, gusting up to 74.3 km/h, occurred between 4.40am and 5.20am

1001.1 hPa - Rising very rapidly from an earlier low of 990.9 hPa

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sunny and dry here. Max gust overnight just 47km/h. Temp 13.3c

More Details @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

11 deg,dry with some sunny spells,wind 4-5 south westerly

raining again 19:23

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a very stormy early morning(5am-7am) in Castlebar it turned into a bright and blustery day.Clouded up againg this evening from the SW,holding dry atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Gerry howley

Castlebar.extremely windy at around 5am this morning that woke me up for work:) and still very wild around 6.30am when i was walking to work the day turned out to be nice and alot calmer with plenty of nice sunshine and it turned increasingly cloudy after 3 with the odd spot of rain into the evening

10c atm in a moderate southerly and dry at present .

11 deg,south westerly gale,misty rain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

MArch is over. see here
    or here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Here are the results from the Durrow Station...

March 2011 at Durrow East, Laois County, IRELAND.

Mean Temperature: 6.3c (+0.2c) [Screen 6.2c (+0.1c)]
    Mean Maximum Temperature: 11.7c [Screen 11.6c]
    Maximum Temperature: 16.7c on Day [Screen 16.8 on Day 24]
    Mean Minimum Temperature: 1.1c [Screen 0.8c]
    Minimum Temperature: -4.8c on Day 3 [Screen -4.9c on Day 3]

Rainfall: 17.0mm (Avg=66.0mm) [Copper 14.6mm]
    Wettest Day: 4.2mm on Day 19 in the copper gauge
    Days of 0.2mm or more: 12
    Days of 1.0mm or more: 6
    Dry Days: 18 of which 2 were/was Trace, one day recorded 0.1mm

Average Wind Speed at 10m: 4.8mph
    Average Gust Speed at 10m: 19.9mph