Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - March 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

I think thats a major exaggeration,no way has there been enough precip in this front for that.
    5 or 6 inches up at that height maybe.

Meanwhile-t shirt weather almost here in the east

people gettin mixed up between there cm's inchs and feet as always :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I think thats a major exaggeration,no way has there been enough precip in this front for that.

Sure most women have tiny feet so that's where the problem lies. She wasn't working off the standard.
    :D

T-shirt weather in the east is a Major exageration. Unless you like catching your death of cold, there is no way in hell anyone sane would go about in a tshirt today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

She said she stepped off the track at the top and went up over her waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Hills are all white here nothing on lower ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm in Co Waterford here around 200m asl and it's been snowing for about 20 minutes, it's snow allright but weak enough, and of course not a bit staying on the ground, everything's too soaked for that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Temp in Waterford City was 10.6c at 12.10 and dropped to 4.2c at 13.00. Thats a drop of 6.4c in 50 minutes :eek:

Data from www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Dull, gray day here with a misty drizzle, a high of only 4.6C so far and seems to be dropping off again now, unusual to have such a cold day with 100% cloud cover

Jake1 wrote: »
    T-shirt weather in the east is a Major exageration. Unless you like catching your death of cold, there is no way in hell anyone sane would go about in a tshirt today.

One person was seen on top of Croagh Patrick with tee shirt on .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Calm,clear, temp dropping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry,clear,calm and very cold in Castlebar with a sharp frost setting in.

No sign of frost here, 2.5c.
    Lots of precipation, mainly rain and sleet.

hard frost setting in here , -1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Freezing hard in Galway city, temp -1.7c

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

4 deg in wall to wall sun.

John mac wrote: »
    She said she stepped off the track at the top and went up over her waist.
    Probably sinking into 75% bog covered in snow.
    1ft is very unlikely never mind 3 with yesterdays precip and it was mild before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charles Gamble

I'm going to be travelling from Donegal to Belfast Airport around 3pm today.
    Does anyone know what the conditions are like on the glenshane pass?

Thanks,
    Charles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Very spring-like and sunshiney in Galway City this morning. Temp 5.9C from an overnight low of -2.7C. Light NW'ly breeze
    1003 hPa - Rising

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Low overnight -1.3c. Sunny spells at the moment with the temp currently 6.7c.

Data from www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

3.1c, lots of rain, sleet and very windy. Snow on higher ground. I'd say Glenshane could be abd alright, touch and go.

• Advertisement

Very cold here, high of only 2.6C, quite heavy sleet all day, turning more snowy on occasion and very windy.

I cant imagine Glenshane will be in a great shape but they should be keeing the roads clear so you should be fine

Harps wrote: »
    Very cold here, high of only 2.6C, quite heavy sleet all day, turning more snowy on occasion and very windy.
    Same here,
    Sleeting now and a high of 2.6c also.
    Winds have died down a bit now.

KNOCK AIRPORT(P) N 13 Gust 25 RECENT SNOW

loads of hail and sleet showers here today. with a strong breeze .

A cool 1.6c now still drizzling.

few short hail and sleet showers here earlier....

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Wind 30.7 km/h NNW. Barometer 1008.3 mb, Rising. Temperature 3.6 °C. Rain today 19.5 mm. Humidity 84%

Temp. 2.2 Really bad night here, heavy floods on the roads ,dangerous for driving. Very windy at times.

The temperature has risen here throughout the evening, up to 3.2 now, still persistent sleety rain and strong winds. Terrible night out there

Big difference between the ME radar and the actual situation here as usual :rolleyes:

WEB_radar_201103131830.gif

47911633.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A very windy and very showery day in Castlebar with frequent showers of rain/sleet.Gusty N/NE'LY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Big gusts here all day today (NW Donegal), so much so, went for a drive to check out the local beach only to discover it was a much wilder day back at my mums house!! :D

Spent some time today securing things in the back garden, admittedly after they took off, and not before. :o

Intermittent heavy rain showers, and think the last one had sleet mixed in. A truly miserable night out there.

Advertisement