Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 60d Opinions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Congrats, enjoy it!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

5uspect wrote: »
    Congrats, enjoy it!

Cheers! There's nothing worse than having to wait a few days to get your new gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Congrats!

880 for a brand new 60d has gotta be tempting for anyone.
    It's also interesting to see the prices of second-hand 40ds and 50ds take a nose-dive on adverts.ie
    Let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers! There's nothing worse than having to wait a few days to get your new gear!
    I usually go into "nesting" mode. Build a little alter for your 60d. :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

condra wrote: »
    Congrats!

880 for a brand new 60d has gotta be tempting for anyone.
    It's also interesting to see the prices of second-hand 40ds and 50ds take a nose-dive on adverts.ie
    Let us know how you get on with it.

Will do!

It'll be interesting to compare it to my 350D.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

I upgraded while I was in Hong Kong last October and have never regretted it...fantastic camera,,,,enjoy it...

• Advertisement

djd80 wrote: »
    I upgraded while I was in Hong Kong last October and have never regretted it...fantastic camera,,,,enjoy it...

What did you upgrade from? Was there much of a difference?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Will do!

It'll be interesting to compare it to my 350D.

I think I've said this earlier but I cannot pick up my trusty old 350D any more. It feels so small and inconsequential. The viewfinder is so dark and pokey compared to the magnificence of the 7D.

And Amazon is saying it's been dispatched...i'll be checking the status of it every half hour from here on in:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

I'm sure you'll love it

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Hi OP, can i ask why you went for the 60D over the 7D? Was it the price? Is there not much difference specwise in the two that you couldn't justify spending the extra for the 7D. I am in the market for a DSLR so just wondering on the difference between the 2 as there is not much difference price wise on pixmania.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

condra wrote: »

Not this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

What did you upgrade from? Was there much of a difference?

I upgraded from a 450D. There was a big difference for me initially just in the way it feels in your hands, the viewfinder is excellent compared to the 450D and I know some people dont like it but I found the flip out screen brilliant for low shots etc....

As for image quality its streets ahead of the 450D. There was a marked improvement in image quality using the same lens over the 450D.

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Hi OP, can i ask why you went for the 60D over the 7D? Was it the price? Is there not much difference specwise in the two that you couldn't justify spending the extra for the 7D. I am in the market for a DSLR so just wondering on the difference between the 2 as there is not much difference price wise on pixmania.

Well there's over 400 euro of a price difference, so i just couldn't justify the cost of it to be honest. And the specs looks pretty similar. I know the 7d has a better build quality and everythig, but coming from a 350D I think i'll be over the moon with the 60d!
    I let you all know about it when i get it! In case you can't tell...I can't wait!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭relichd

I bought my 60D a month ago and I don't regret it! But! It feels a bit more difficult to focus using the 9-point AF viewfinder screen. It was much easier with Nikon D70s :D But I'm getting used to it and since I focus manually most of the time, it's not a big deal for me. And the price on eBay was good, too! Just around €850 incl. the 18-55 IS kit lens (which I replaced with Sigma's 30mm f/1.4 -another good buy!- shortly after my camera came home)...

I bought two 8GB class 10 SD cards. Each of them takes up to 290 or so pictures in full res RAW format (there is an option to 'reduce' the resolution from 18mpix to 10mpix and less).

relichd wrote: »
    I bought two 8GB class 10 SD cards. Each of them takes up to 290 or so pictures in full res RAW format (there is an option to 'reduce' the resolution from 18mpix to 10mpix and less).

Good god that's nothing! I'll need to invest in a few class 10 16GB cards i think!

Got my camera this morning!:D:D:D:D

I'll hold off giving a bit of a review until i get to use it properly.

But first impressions are very good! Loving it!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Congrats man.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

enjoy, i look forward to hearing how you get on with it, i am trying to decide whether to go for the 60d or wiat another week or 2 and see if nikon announce the d5100, couldn't see my self strecthing to d7000 or the 7d

well wear

Advertisement