Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's see the damage then!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh my god, this thread makes my two look like little saints!

The worst damage they've done (so far) is chewing the bar between the two legs of a chair. Not even the whole way through.
    Other than that they've wrecked a couple of trees in the garden and chewed a couple of Pairs of pennys shoes...you know the really cheap canvas ones. We use them as slippers so it must have been the sweet smell of our feet that attracted them as on occasion they have had access to far more expensive shoes but didnt touch them

But I'm sure that I will have more to add to this thread as they are only 9 months old, plenty of time for them to wreak havoc on the house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

No pics but the golden retriever had a fondness for ripping up the living room carpet as a pup.
    There's a good sized hole and you can see the concrete nowadays

Or you'd come back from the farm, leave your wellies at the door and the blasted dog would run off with them and chew them to bits. :mad:
    I can understand chewing rubber but nothing worse then a leaky wellie on a wet day!

Solution was to find a leg bone from a slaughtered calf, the thing is huge, he can't even lift it but it stays on the lawn.
    He could chew it for the rest of his life and it'll still be there

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Three Jack Russell pups made confetti of the office here once.. And the collie has almost b - eaten her way through doors on several occasions and cannot be left near any paper. Bedding gets torn too..Lost count of pens, knitting needles, phone cables that were left within reach.. Oh and underwear gets shredded with great glee. Makes for great neatness though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just remembered we got a load of letters through the postbox one day. At least six or seven.
    The dog got to the door first and choose the two bills, ESB & Eircom and left the other post alone. Tore them to shreds

I like to think he knew they were bills. :cool:
    Clever dog, he doesn't want his owner getting bills

But I do think we need to get a basket or cage or something to catch the post

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I have to ask - what happened. I can't imagine it was fun

Well I know what happens when a human does it, & it ain't good ;)

I occasionally make home brew wine & many years ago when I was sharing a house, my house mates came home one night, three sheets to the wind, & decided to try out the home brew before it had stopped bubbling ( i.e. while the yeast was still active. )

Three days later, when I came back to the house I found two very, very unwell housemates, who had spent the last two days fighting over the one toilet in the house :eek: Mega, Mega intestinal distress !!!

Not terribly serious as long as you avoid the usual issues of dehydration etc, but horribly uncomfortable, & have massive amounts of gas in your gut leads to the usual issue :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

As a pup my samoyed ate my grandmothers hearing aid just days before christmass, the following year she was a bit more mature in the head, but one day i heard a wierd clacking sound, askd her to drop it in my hand and out she spat my now destroyed grandmothers false teeth, this just days before the following christmass.

She is well settled and non destuctive at this stage but wev just fosterd a young GSD - its all coming back to me now. The distruction was unreal yesterday after i was out for just 2 hours, and anything that used to be upstairs was carried/ dowstairs with a few "prezzys" left in the bedrooms :p

Advertisement