Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Give our Counties SAFER roads...please sign.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

lauren12 wrote: »
    but look honestly I'm sick of defending this post. I really didn't realise I would have to.
    To be honest OP, from reading back over your original post at the top it looks like a copy-paste from a chain mail you received from someone.

No one is perfect on the roads and we all make mistakes (usually every day - minor to not so minor) but there's a lot more to be addressed first (primarily education - believe it or not, almost 50% of people in a thread/poll on roundabouts over on Motors last week DIDN'T know the correct lane to be in - to me that's shocking and a lot more worrying than someone doing a few km over on a motorway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Think it was posted once already

Driving while tired is a killer. Done it myself when working all sorts of crazy night shifts and 12 hour shifts and it wasn't safe as I look back on it now.

I'd also like the RSA not to come up with utter drivel as
    "He drives, she dies" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭lauren12

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    To be honest OP, from reading back over your original post at the top it looks like a copy-paste from a chain mail you received from someone.

No one is perfect on the roads and we all make mistakes (usually every day - minor to not so minor) but there's a lot more to be addressed first (primarily education - believe it or not, almost 50% of people in a thread/poll on roundabouts over on Motors last week DIDN'T know the correct lane to be in - to me that's shocking and a lot more worrying than someone doing a few km over on a motorway)

OMG, do you have any idea how insulting that was? I, ME, MYSELF, just wanted to put it out there, to make a difference. I'm 27, not 6 I don't do chain mails.

Did you know hitting someone at 125kph...is the equivalent of falling from the 9th floor of a building.

Look obviously it's me that's completely wrong and everyone here is perfect in every way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭lauren12

Look obviously it's me that's completely wrong and everyone here is perfect in every way.[/QUOTE]

Actually that was wrong of me to say, there are a lot of cool people out there, so I completely take that back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

lauren12 wrote: »
    Please make every journey a safe one - you can make the difference

Is that actually possible though. Driving is the most dangerous thing the majority of people do every day, who knows what will come up on the road, regardless of speed. Every single journey driving 100s of kilos of weight at 30km/h is a potential killer.

Black ice, a fox/cat/deer/rabbit, pedestrian, cyclist before you factor in speed or drink or driving style etc.

And that's from a vehement non-driver..

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I absolutely do not see the point of this thread. Sign up to where? To what? OP, you've just undid any good of your original post by stating that you flash lights at people.

Personally I left it in the Ladies Lounge and didn't move it to Motors because a lot of women here do drive so it was allowed develop.

However now it's just nonsense so I'm locking it.

Maple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement