Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford has a bigger population than Waterford

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

kkdela6 wrote: »
    Waterfords biggest problem is the lazy gob****es that bitch and moan about it every day, blaming all their lifes problems and boredom on Waterford being 'a kip boy', when really the problem is they dont do a damn thing about it but just sit at home and watch tv all day, and make no effort.
    I was fed up of Waterford when i finished my leaving cert and so i set off for Dublin, and over the years i've found my love for Waterford again and i can tell you it is a far nicer place to live than Dublin.

I have many Wexford friends in WIT, and they all tell me Waterford is considered the big shmoke in alot of places down there.

No one wants to visit Waterford. what a load of rubbish. There is a hell lot more to do in Waterford than in any other town in Ireland, bar maybe Dublin, Cork and Galway.

I always maintained that if the population of Waterford were forced to live somewhere else for a year, they would come back and see the city in a very different light. Going to other places, with possibly less to offer, full of people who think that every brick and tree is sacred, gives you some perspective!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Dublin may be as close to places like Carlow and Cork to places like Clonmel, but Dublin and Cork have their own catchment populations to serve.

I would think - having lived their for two years - that South Tipp people see the SOuth East as their catchment area. Possibly that is true of Carlow and Kilkenny too. Cork is close enough to Clonmel; however Cork is the regional centre for the South West, not he South East. People to Cork's West look to it as a regional capital, not to it's East. Waterford is the natural regional capital of the South East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

kkdela6 wrote: »
    I was fed up of Waterford when i finished my leaving cert and so i set off for Dublin, and over the years i've found my love for Waterford again and i can tell you it is a far nicer place to live than Dublin

Same here! now i count down the days til i can move back permanently. Way prefer waterford to dublin. The only thing i prefer about dublin is that theres more gigs going on

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

one thing i find weird about wexford is that people from certain parts have northern irish sounding accents.

Northern Ireland is miles away from Wexford :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Are ya sure they're not just singing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement