Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very cold weather may return

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Jake1 wrote: »
    T-shirt weather?? are ye mad LOL.

Bloody freezing, might as well have snow.

Could of hung a wet duffle coat off you know what , was so cold today.
    ;);):p

I've never heard this expression before. :o

but yes it was fairly chilly today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

yip real t-shirt weather out today :D, the snow and frost is a distant memory now
    You have a bad memory then :D
    on Met.ie wrote:
    It will be cold again with lowest temperatures of -4 to +1 degrees and a widespread sharp frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

March definitely came in like a lamb so we are in for a rough end to the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

T-shirt weather?? are ye mad LOL.

Bloody freezing, might as well have snow.

Could of hung a wet duffle coat off you know what , was so cold today.
    ;);):p

not at all, at 1 o'clock yesterday, i decided to cut the grass and had to wear a t-shirt, it was grand and warm, *cough* *cough* *sneeze* yip grand t-shirt weather it was ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Have to say, the last 8 weeks weather has surely been the most boring and uninteresting I have ever witnessed at this time of year. No snow ( here) one day with a gale, no thunderstorms , no major rain event, nothing. Bland. And all this after an incredible December / late Nov. So, personally, I'd like to see a bit of warmth, and some hints of real spring.

Great innit :D

• Advertisement

not at all, at 1 o'clock yesterday, i decided to cut the grass and had to wear a t-shirt, it was grand and warm, *cough* *cough* *sneeze* yip grand t-shirt weather it was ;)

Fess up now daddy Cool, I bet ye have a big dirty cold on ye today right ? LOL

I know I have, and have big brutal cold sore to prove it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

It is indeed lovely out but doesnt mean its not still cold!

im back inside now and still hav a hoodie on! ha

Fess up now daddy Cool, I bet ye have a big dirty cold on ye today right ? LOL

I know I have, and have big brutal cold sore to prove it :)

no cold, but i ventured out today to cut the hedges in my t shirt, had to quickly run back in for my coat, not as balmy as yesterday

no cold, but i ventured out today to cut the hedges in my t shirt, had to quickly run back in for my coat, not as balmy as yesterday

Funny LOL
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Derekon, if the cfs charts are right it will be unusually cold next October.
    While you may scoff at specualting about what the weather will be like in six months, it needs to be said the cfs charts were by and large correct about how this winter panned out.

As regards whether we'll get any more snow, perhaps not, but we can get snow well into April in this country.

Hi Nacho,

I do not "scoff" at what the weather will be like in six months - its a fact that snow during the months of November & December in Ireland is rather rare. This is the general trend (I am excluding sleety s*it that melts within a few hours)

I await October 2011 with interest given your indictation it could be very cold.

Furthermore, you are correct - you can get snow in Ireland into April however its normally (a) on high ground (b) melts very quickly or (c) is of the sleety variety.

Now take the heavy snowfalls in Dublin from 28th November to 3rd December and then again 19th December to 23rd December - they were what I call mother f*cking snowfalls! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

derekon wrote: »
    Hi Nacho,

I do not "scoff" at what the weather will be like in six months - its a fact that snow during the months of November & December in Ireland is rather rare. This is the general trend (I am excluding sleety s*it that melts within a few hours)

I await October 2011 with interest given your indictation it could be very cold.

Furthermore, you are correct - you can get snow in Ireland into April however its normally (a) on high ground (b) melts very quickly or (c) is of the sleety variety.

Now take the heavy snowfalls in Dublin from 28th November to 3rd December and then again 19th December to 23rd December - they were what I call mother f*cking snowfalls! :D

Hey Derek,

Ah yes i wouldn't be expecting snow like that in April, but freak events do happens as we saw this past winter and indeed on March 30th last year;)
    So just as you didn't expect to be walking your dogs in deep snow in late November 2010. Who knows you could wake up on the morning of April first 2011, lookout the window, and your jaw may drop to the floor with the scene that greets you outside;)

As for October 2011, i am looking forward to seeing if it does turn out to be cold- although it will be a bit of waste in a sense, as it will be just too early in the year for snowfall at lower levels!

back to t shirt weather in county meath today, just been up the fields and theres a nice bit of warmth in the sun, long may it last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

back to t shirt weather in county meath today, just been up the fields and theres a nice bit of warmth in the sun, long may it last :)

Yea can def feel the power in the Sun returning to this hemisphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

I don't have a weather station but I do have solar panels... another 800 liters of 65'C water again today.. thank you sun! :D

No sign of ice today ::

http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0

Advertisement