Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if you found out someone had died in your house would u move?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

I live in a house which is < 200 ( and possibly 300) years old. People have died in my bedroom, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Absolutely. You could end up walking into one of those spectral bride situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ghosts don't exist. On top of that, if your house is more than, say, 30 years old there's a good chance someone's died there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I recall having a conversation with a friend of mine, where she brought up a house in which a local woman was murdered by her husband. She commented that the house itself was beautiful, and it was in a perfect location but she could never live in it due to the violent nature in which the woman died in.

By no means do I mean to be insensitive about what happened to the woman, but I disagreed with my friend. I really wouldnt have any qualms about it if I loved the house. So yes, I would live in a house where someone had died in, aware of the fact or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

when people pass away peacefully i dont think you have to worry , just remember that i million died in the famine, 1845 to 1849 so your house is built over their bones, dont worry, dont use any Ouija board to contact them, you should be ok:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I live in a house which is < 200 ( and possibly 300) years old. People have died in my bedroom, of course.

Likewise, and this house is also supposed to be haunted by a headless horseman :eek:
    There's also a castle beside it where grainne mhaols on was killed, lots of carnage, lots of "ghosts"
    All bs obviously, there was a lot more ghosts long ago when people didn't have as much light or TV to distract them. I know of more people being born here than died so maybe that balances it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

kylith wrote: »
    Ghosts don't exist. On top of that, if your house is more than, say, 30 years old there's a good chance someone's died there.
    How do you know?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

There's people dying that never died before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

KeithAFC wrote: »
    How do you know?;)
    I make sure of it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

If scary stuff started happening I would other than that no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

kylith wrote: »
    I make sure of it ;)
    :pac:

Not sure to take this thread seriously or not and get into a big debate about it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

The second house my family lived in (and my parents still live in) has a pretty weird past. The kitchen used to be a sort of outhouse where they kept horses years ago (my parents completely renovated what was left of the house when they moved in as it had been empty for about 50 years) and it turned out that the family who used to live there, parents and a son, had hung themselves in the outhouse. They were found by a neighbour that was a relative of theirs and who still lives up the road from my parents.

Weird stuff used to happen in the kitchen, noises in the attic above the kitchen, the radio turning itself on and off, the attic door moving and open when we came down in the morning for breakfast and at various times during the day.

Never really bothered any of my family but I can understand why some people may get freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'd prefer not to know. If I did, I'd more than likely move, especially if it was a tragic death. I'm a wuss. I live near the house where 4 old women committed suicide by starving themselves to death around 11 years ago, the estate was in its infancy so its possible the owners now didnt find out for a while. Now there's a house I'd never live in!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Someone died in my house, my room actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

No, I wouldn't move. I don't even understand how someone dying somewhere is freaky? People have to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

[ all 3 hung themsekves?
    The second house my family lived in (and my parents still live in) has a pretty weird past. The kitchen used to be a sort of outhouse where they kept horses years ago (my parents completely renovated what was left of the house when they moved in as it had been empty for about 50 years) and it turned out that the family who used to live there, parents and a son, had hung themselves in the outhouse. They were found by a neighbour that was a relative of theirs and who still lives up the road from my parents.

Weird stuff used to happen in the kitchen, noises in the attic above the kitchen, the radio turning itself on and off, the attic door moving and open when we came down in the morning for breakfast and at various times during the day.

Never really bothered any of my family but I can understand why some people may get freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

id lose my life (lol)

seriously thats messed up, id have ran and left skidmarks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

HUNK wrote: »
    Absolutely. You could end up walking into one of those spectral bride situations.
    For anybody that doesn't get the reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

turnfan wrote: »
    [ all 3 hung themsekves?

They did. Apparently there was some sort of suicide pact involved. It happened many years before we moved into the house and we only heard about it a good few years after we had moved in so we never really got the full story just little bits from the neighbour (the relative) who obviously wasn't open to talking about it that much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement