Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if you found out someone had died in your house would u move?

Options
  • 25-02-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine bought a house about 5 years ago with her hubby and baby. She called me today FREAKING out saying she had found out the last owners dad had died in the house and she was moving out and selling up

Now im pretty freaked out at the thought of ghosts and it got me thinking that if i was in the same situation would i leave? I prob would but thered have to be some creepy goings on for me to. There hasnt been anything creepy goin on and she loved the house until she found this out

So would u leave?

What would u do? 39 votes

id move out (if creepy goings on/found this out)
    0% 0 votes
    id stay (if creepy goings on/found this out)
    15% 6 votes
    id move out (if found this out but nothing creepy ever happened)
    43% 17 votes
    id stay (if found this out but nothing creepy ever happened)
    2% 1 vote
    I dont know it would depend
    28% 11 votes
    Theres no such thing as ghosts
    10% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

No, I'm an adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Yes I would :(. I'd be too scared to stay.!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

People die in my house all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

The dead cant harm you.Have you ever seen any ghosts in a graveyard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

depends. if they were murdered maybe. i wouldnt move though, i'd make sure i knew before i bought it. if i found out afterwards i'd stay unless it went all poltergeist sucking us into tellies and the whole nine yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Not only would I move, but id dance the feck out of there bigtime.

I couldnt relax while having a pedal if Casper was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

One of my old school mates used to live in a house where there had been a famous axe murder. So what, happened 50 years ago :rolleyes:.

You make your own ghosts - and take them with you whenever you move :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭letsbehonest

Well at least if you had some kind of ghost in the house you'll never have to get a burglar alarm put in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

only if creepy stuff was going on. i couldn't deal with that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

if a moronic simpleton conducted a firesale of her house for **** all because she is afraid of things that don't exist would you ever stop laughing after moving in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

People die in my house all the time.

i know u

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

No need to move. I moved into my family home where my Dad had died and even slept in the same room and I found nothing wrong with it... felt no vibes or anything.. if anything I felt a sense of calm that I havent sensed in the house we moved into about about 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

move the body?....definitely:P

on a serious note- no.

I moved into my uncles house soon after he died, i held his hand just after he died in the bedroom.And i have slept in that room for the last 2 years and I'll be sleeping in that bedroom tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I sleep in the room my dad died in. Obviously we moved the body before we moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

the last owners dad had died in the house and she was moving out and selling up

He died?? He just died?? Not chopped up into little pieces, not hacked to death, not bricked up into the wall. He simply died?? Like what happens in most houses in this country at some stage or another. My grandfather died at home, so did my aunt. Should my relatives move out of their houses now for fear they come back???

Jesus, by your/her logic every hospital in the country should be crawling with ghosts. No wonder there are so many on trolleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I moved into my uncles house soon after he died, i held his hand just after he died in the bedroom.And i have slept in that room for the last 2 years and I'll be sleeping in that bedroom tonight.
    I'm pretty much the same. My granny died in the place that I'm living in now, in fact the PC I'm sitting at is precisely where her bed was.

Stuff like this really doesn't bother me at all, in fact I worked part time in a graveyard during college. It was actually a suprisingly nice place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

number10a wrote: »
    He died?? He just died?? Not chopped up into little pieces, not hacked to death, not bricked up into the wall. He simply died?? Like what happens in most houses in this country at some stage or another. My grandfather died at home, so did my aunt. Should my relatives move out of their houses now for fear they come back???

Jesus, by your/her logic every hospital in the country should be crawling with ghosts. No wonder there are so many on trolleys.

whats my logic got to do with this? if ud read the post i said id leave if there were creepy goings on. if that makes me crazy so be it.
    all she said was he died, didnt say how.why/when etc

Blowfish wrote: »
    I'm pretty much the same. My granny died in the place that I'm living in now, in fact the PC I'm sitting at is precisely where her bed was.

Stuff like this really doesn't bother me at all, in fact I worked part time in a graveyard during college. It was actually a suprisingly nice place to work.

Same here things like that dont bother me, I loved my uncle and even if there was ghosts i dont think he would be coming back to scare me,he lived well into his 70's and had a good life so there's no need for him to come back,he died happy with his family around him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

And you just know creepy things are going to start now just after she finds out someone died there. Wait and see, although they wont see much as ghosts dont exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

When are you gonna move him out of the bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

You make your own ghosts - and take them with you whenever you move :cool:

Is that one of those night courses?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If I moved into a house and someone had died in it,I'd rather not know about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Newsflash:
    Ghosts don't exist.

When are you gonna move him out of the bed?

Smart little boy aren't you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

There is no need to worry unless the person died a violent death or killed themselves, more than likely he died a natural death and has moved onto the next world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Newsflash:
    Ghosts don't exist.
    O RLY?

Someone did die.

We need an ominous smiley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I'd stay. Being on the fence with the whole ghost thing. I would not see the point of moving. I'd want to stay to see if something does happen and try to catch it on camera. Why move?

Advertisement