Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Bangladesh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fox1978 wrote: »
    but we've good batters all the way down
    I would argue strongly that we don't and never had. The O Brien brothers aside, batting has always been the achilles heel of the Irish sides.

Johnson needs to play a big innings.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Aidric wrote: »
    I would argue strongly that we don't and never had. The O Brien brothers aside, batting has always been the achilles heel of the Irish sides.

Johnson needs to play a big innings.

Carefull rather than big innings is what he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

need to get Johnson on strike somehow.

10% chance of a win here...

36 from 49 balls. Its still attainable as long as the batsmen dont loose their cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

^^^
    That phrase has been mentioned a few times in the thread...
    What does it mean? Sorry, I only know a few of the basic rules/gameplay of cricket :o

Ok, here goes a rough explanation -

A typical cricket team has 6 batsmen, a wicket keeper, an allrounder and 4 bowlers. Normally after 6 wickets are down, this typical team is down to the tail-enders who are not recognized batsmen.

Ireland (among a few other countries) have a batting depth that arguably stretches upto 7/8 wickets - therefore they bat deep in their team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Sin É

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggg.............

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

should have been an easily achieveable win. ffs

anybody know much about this docrell guy.

A quick glimpse at cricinfo reveals that he is new to the game.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/player/348034.html

Has anyone ever seen him actually play before? Is he any good (street cricket wise)?

Ok Rankin, let's be having a 6 of the first ball

• Advertisement

Why aren't we using our powerplay?

Bollox !! There goes the last train

Johnston out ! What the hell was he thinking.. Surely he is not expecting the coach to come out and save the game !!

Blasphemy !

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

This is heartbreaking.

i dont think we have any left. ( i am not sure though).

jmx009 wrote: »
    i dont think we have any left. ( i am not sure though).

I thought we had two and had only used one at the start. I might be wrong though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Some of the shots played today were very disappointing to see

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Its like watching an animal in distress now....

put us out of our misery....

anybody know much about this docrell guy.

A quick glimpse at cricinfo reveals that he is new to the game.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/player/348034.html

Has anyone ever seen him actually play before? Is he any good (street cricket wise)?

Are you for real? He has a county contract with somerset at 18, just years after bursting onto the scene and has been tipped for being poached by England! Did you miss the T20 World cup when the media and experts were gushing in their praise about him??

I thought we had two and had only used one at the start. I might be wrong though.

Yea u are right, I checked on cricinfo, the batting side( irish) has one more..

I guess we forgot about it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Three powerplays: mandatory batting one at the start of the innings for the first ten overs. Fielding side has one for five overs and the batting team has a further batting powerplay for five overs. Teams can decide when to use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Should have won this handy. Experienced players being sloppy with the bat, giving it away.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The lads threw it away today, some shocking shot selection.

reb73 wrote: »
    Are you for real? He has a county contract with somerset at 18, just years after bursting onto the scene and has been tipped for being poached by England! Did you miss the T20 World cup when the media and experts were gushing in their praise about him??

No, i didnt follow the world cup. Well if he is as good as u say he is then we shouldnt be worrying about the 32 runs we are behind.

Never mind, its just one wicket remaining and Bangladesh are attacking anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Nah, this sort of down to the wire is the very life blood of cricket. :D

No, i didnt follow the world cup. Well if he is as good as u say he is then we shouldnt be worrying about the 32 runs we are behind.

He is a very promising bowler, not someone known for or experienced in digging us out of a hole when he's batting.

i have given up hope.

Hopefully the next time, we will fare better.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

How does a powerplay effect the scores/game?

Ah crap! Oh well, here's to the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Do they ever practice their batting? Constantly their weak point. Lots of getting in and throwing away your wicket. Bowlers must be very disappointed after all their hard work, just try and salvage a win against Holland now

Advertisement