Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'm in Finland with my brother and Jessy the Belgian mal cross has decided that my legs are the most comfortable place to sleep. Nevermind the fact that it's a two seater couch that I'm on :pac: She seems to be a "if I sits, I fit" kind of dog. Insanely clever dog other than that though, I'm having trouble pronouncing the commands in Finnish and I bet she's doing doggy eye rolls behind my back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Alicat wrote: »
    I just dropped €150 on cat toys and activities and accessories.

What is wrong with me? :pac:
    VonVix wrote: »
    Nothing. You're one of us. One of usss.

Tell usss what you boughttt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

reallyrose wrote: »
    Tell usss what you boughttt

Welllll.....

This massive XXL barrel for my two lumps (over 7kg each)
    378593.jpeg

This interactive food toy/maze
    378594.jpeg

A bit of grass!
    378595.jpeg

And this funky laser pointer, which you can sit anywhere and it does all the work for you!
    378596.jpeg

Along with catnip balls, loads of toy mice and dangly feather things for chewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Search for Dante facebook page!! Has anyone on here come across it... I don't know to me it is screaming scam people are so easy to take advantage of.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Milly33 wrote: »
    Search for Dante facebook page!! Has anyone on here come across it... I don't know to me it is screaming scam people are so easy to take advantage of.....

Yeah, it seems very odd to me, I don't think any of the admins are in Ireland, and why do they keep going on about raising money????

• Advertisement

Yes I was trying to look there again but the chap who kinda took it over I am sure was based in Canada! I asked him before about the donations he said it was for a drone, then stuck up something about getting bumper stickers made up and selling them...

Madness, I really cant believe people are falling for it... Even the owner of Dante was onto them when it started to say it wasn't him, and they have gone up looking themselves... Very very odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Recovering from a tonsillectomy - only thing getting me through is the promise of our hamsters when I come back to my apartment in Limerick! So excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

muddypaws wrote: »
    Its funny isn't how, how focused they can become when they are working. I have an almost 12 month old pup here, he is a big fool, wants to explore everything, jump up on everyone. Put a harness on him and he just focuses completely and will go past everything - except plastic bottles, we're still working on that one :P

Have fun :)

Great blog by the way.

When are the classes in Mayo?

muddypaws wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems very odd to me, I don't think any of the admins are in Ireland, and why do they keep going on about raising money????

Its grand now. They were onto an 'animal communicator' and apparently Dante is going to approach people today because his feet hurt. Phew glad that's happening!

Siiiiigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I'm stuffy and sniffly and sitting at home on the sofa today, too sick to work

The plus side: more quality time to spend with the cats on my lap

The minus side: they keep jumping off my lap, startled at the noises my congested respiratory system is making :(

• Advertisement

I know WTF like... Its not even the same dog or well maybe it is but jes they are really off on one there...

I know WTF like... Its not even the same dog or well maybe it is but jes they are really off on one there...

I saw in the comments someone donated 200 quid. What the actual hell?!
    Same dog or not I'm sure they've all scared it away at this stage. Sickens me that they only give a **** because they think it's a precious afghan, if they knew it was a lurcher (which it probably is) they would never have cared in the first place.

Yes very true indeed....I don't think they would be doing this for a bichon or any other dog... €200 really, I asked them about the donations and it was said they were for this drone that never appeared.. I am really shocked it hasn't been stopped already.

So am I. The whole things weird. I want to be happy that people are 'looking' for this dog but it comes across as an uncoordinated mess and the vast majority of them aren't even in the country. Should have been left to the local SPCA warden etc to find him.

The person who donated the 200 said to use it to pay animal communicator!!! .. I don't even know where to start with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It has to either be a scam or a social media experiment!

tk123 wrote: »
    ...a social media experiment!

Lol that's crazy enough to be true!

The animal communicator I was trying to find the name it was posted earlier on the page.. im sure they are UK based too more than likely.

They made contact with a TV in England about it, said they were going to contact today fm and another one, I haven't heard anything on Today FM about it...

The animal communicator I was trying to find the name it was posted earlier on the page.. im sure they are UK based too more than likely.

They made contact with a TV in England about it, said they were going to contact today fm and another one, I haven't heard anything on Today FM about it...

Yeah they contacted the one show but it wasn't mentioned on it. I'd say a lot of places are trying to stay out of it because it is all so weird and scam like. Hope it doesn't detract from other searches like poor nastro the samyoed.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Great blog by the way.

When are the classes in Mayo?

Restarting in Beleek Woods in a couple of weeks, and looking for somewhere in Westport.
    It has to either be a scam or a social media experiment!

:pac::pac::pac: Us Boardsies are so cynical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I saw in the comments someone donated 200 quid. What the actual hell?!
    Same dog or not I'm sure they've all scared it away at this stage. Sickens me that they only give a **** because they think it's a precious afghan, if they knew it was a lurcher (which it probably is) they would never have cared in the first place.

I just searched for the page. Ridiculous FB histeria. Some lad wants to know the closest airport to a halting site so that he can fly in and investigate a possible sighting.

• Advertisement

I was going to leave it but tis actually quite entertaing

hardCopy wrote: »
    I just searched for the page. Ridiculous FB histeria. Some lad wants to know the closest airport to a halting site so that he can fly in and investigate a possible sighting.

Good luck with that fella!

You hit the nail on the head with fb histeria

Christ on a bike I just checked back into that page. Its absolute madness! A total joke that it hasn't been shut down. They're claiming they are taking donations to pay for his vet treatment! ... Em sorry who's vet treatment? There's no dog. They haven't found a dog. A dog that may or may not have been Dante was spotted weeks ago and since then they've been sending people on wild goose chases all over the feckin country.

They keep saying hes so desperately unwell that they'll need the money for immediate and very expensive vet treatment and yet they think this dog, on deaths door, has managed to walk from the middle of nowhere in Wexford to Dublin or Tipperary or any number of other places!
    They won't answer any simple questions. Most of their followers seem to be mentally unwell. I'm starting to hope they do hop on a plane and strut into the halting sites here demanding Dante! At least that'd be the end of them and their nonsense.
    At the very start of this Emma (I think from <snip> which are amazing) told them a number of times to back off and just leave a dog trap. She even offered them one. But no, nothing so simple! The poor dog that was originally spotted, who undoubtedly needed help was scared off I'm sure by this disorganised mess of people masquerading as animal lovers!

Ugh rant over.

Sorry about that!

Jes we have all been blocked on the page now cannot comment on it anymore..I have reported it to Facebook as have others but nothing is being done. Tis crazy that Admin person is now claiming that his/her family used to own Castle Freke and most of Cork!!

Such a shame they turned something that could have helped this dog into something like this..I know for one my friend feels very bad the way it has gone is just gobsmacked by it.. I hope the poor dog is taken in by someone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Somebody stick up a post - "Hi I managed to catch the dog and have him in the back of the car" :p

Go on do it!! See what they say..... I have been banned...

Somebody stick up a post - "Hi I managed to catch the dog and have him in the back of the car" :p

I've shown him exactly where he is. Tell your animal communicator to ask him where we are and then come and get him! :)

I double dare ya

I've an idea. We should search the pounds for a dog that looks similar and in need of help. Tell them we found him and its not Dante but we'll take that money thanks to get him the best of care. Then after our pound puppy has been looked after and all them eejits have crawled back to whatever corner of the world theyre from, we can start a proper search for the original dog spotted in glynn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I can't find the page you're talking about at all, can someone pm me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement