Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

2 lovely comfy beds for the cats and dude decides to knock the basin (which was upside down) out of the sink onto the floor and sleep in it. Eejit!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

ferretone, I'd be interested in hearing how your MIL gets on with the Thundershirt. My lad has separation anxiety and he seems to be getting worse these days. I dropped him off to the daycare centre last week for just an hour but when I collected him the lady said that while he was ok, he was still very anxious and panting, lip licking a lot. She recommended putting him on Kalm Aid to take the edge off and maybe allow him to react better to the desensitising training we're trying to do with him.

He's going to a different daycare now full time as I'm gone back to college and he was whining and shaking this morning when I dropped him off so just wondering if a Thundershirt might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Aren't you in Galway coco? What daycare do you use as I thought there was only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Sent you a PM toadfly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have to take Toby to the vet tomorrow, he's been fighting and has a strong smell of infection from it. On a funny note, I was cooking with the back door open earlier, it's been one of those days and I lost it with a blue bottle that kept trying to land on food. I'm sure when the neighbours heard me shouting 'get out you b*****d' they thought I was talking to my husband:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

So I took Lucy for a solo walk yesterday for the first time expecting to have my arm pulled off and to my suprise she just strolled along like Bailey does lol!! Hopefully it's a habit that sticks! When I walk them together she tends to fall behind Bailey or to his heel except if there's something he doesn't like and he slows down/stops then she gains on him and goes in front. :p

She started improving on Sunday and has been fine since so debating if we should try daycare again on Friday to give my mum a break - not sure if it's too soon but at least if she gets sick again I'm there all weekend?

Toby's going to the vet this afternoon, he's giving me lots of suspicious looks today, I'm sure he knows. There'll be an exodus when I take the cat carrier out from under the stairs:D The infection reeks and we didn't even see it til yesterday evening, must've happened Monday night. Of course he feels the need to rub his head on everything now:rolleyes:.

Just as well we hadn't already hired one of the carpet cleaning machines yet, was waiting til we get the chimney swept later in the month. Can't wait to see how Toby reacts to the fire. He discovered today that he loves crumbed ham, though not as much as roast chicken:)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Toby's going to the vet this afternoon, he's giving me lots of suspicious looks today, I'm sure he knows. There'll be an exodus when I take the cat carrier out from under the stairs:D

We keep the carrier out in the living room, and The Stripey One is always going in and out of it. No problem getting her into it ever. The other cat is not so impressed with it, in fact I have to use the flip-top one with her to avoid a struggle.

Hope Toby is better soon :)

Other than the abcess he seems fine, wouldn't let me leave the house for ages this morning as he wanted me to throw ping pong balls for him to chase. He's very vocal about that:D We keep the carrier under the stairs and they happily climb over it to explore behind it but they run whenever we leave it out. We did try years ago leaving it in the kitchen but they just did a runner whenever they saw it.

It's very big, more like a soft travel crate for a dog than a cat carrier. Toby is a very leggy cat and he splays his paws to avoid being put in the carrier, luckily it's top opening too.

I stocked up on roast chicken in the supermarket this morning, they forgive me most things for a bit of chicken, even the Advocate drops:)

:mad: Took Bailey to the park so he could have a swim and more god knows what being pumped into the river!! It's almost a weekly thing now! :(

• Advertisement

Toby's home safe and sound. His face below his ear is raw and our vet cleaned it very well. It's an awkward area that won't drain itself down so we'll have to keep it open to heal. Antibiotics for a week. Felix is in next week for his booster. Had to order a new cat carrier for them today, on top of the vet fee.

We ordered a thing called 'the nurses' best friend' for getting Jazzy to the vet and catching Pepper. Its basically a bottomless crate that you pop over the cat and then you slide the base under so the crate is sealed. Theoretically sound, hope it works.

We're worried that somehing bad might happen to Pepper since someone is removing her food bowls and she seems unsettled, so we're going to take her home with us when we get the crate, hopefully next week. Such a stressful time at the moment.

Peach fell asleep in the garden chair for so long today that a spider managed to build a quite elaborate web between her and the arm of the chair!

I finished my exams today, finally! Was sick over Christmas so missed a lot thus had a load to repeat! I'm so worried I failed one of them but at the same time I can't help getting excited thinking I passed them and how fun it would be to be a fully qualified veterinary nurse!

And now I've had a few drinks to celebrate the end of exams so I'm extra happy and I'd just like to say what a brilliant forum this is and how much I've loved talking to everyone here, how I've made friends through talking on here and finding ye on Facebook, and talking to people in real life too (themadhouse, I still thing about the day I cuddled Fred :D) and ye are all such amazing people! It's so nice to have a community of fellow animal lovers who we can talk freely about our pets without seeming crazy! (Where else could you discuss poop in a normal conversation :P) and I know we mightn't all see eye to eye on here at times and may get into headed debates but through that I find we all come closer :) and now ill stop raving about how much I love ye all cos I am quite tipsy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

^^^ Ah don't ya just love happy drunken posts. :D

I shouldn't be allowed near the Internet when I'm drunk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Congratulations SillyMangoX, that's fantastic! Bet you aced every single one. Here's to graduation and VCI registration, eh? Momentous! :):):):)

Congratulations SillyMango:)

I don't know what the heck is going on with my cats health these days, they seem to be taking turns needing vet trips. I had Toby in for an abcess last week. Felix was due in for his booster next week but Jazzy's showing signs of having problems with his teeth for the past few days. He is hungry but no matter what I put in front of him he's reluctant to eat.

He's walked away from chicken and every brand of wet food I tried. Eventually he just gets so hungry he'll eat about half a pouch. He had a couple of teeth out 6 months ago and is due his check up, so gonna have to take him next week and reschedule Felix's booster. I found the Nurse's best friend cat carrier online, thanks Boomerang, so hopefully we'll be able to get him into it. It should be here next week.

Honestly, I'd almost need to drink for a week in preperation for the stress of getting Jazzy to the vet, but I'm on antibiotics at the moment that I can't drink with, probably a good thing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Brrrrrr!!

Just back from the beach, it's freezing!! It's feeling really wintery out, cold wind, drizzle hitting me horizontally:(. We were the only people there bar one other dog walker.

Not that the dogs gave two hoots, straight in for a swim and didn't give a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Brrrr back at you. I can't believe how cold it is. :( I'm snuggling up with a hot water bottle but the dogs are in and out with not a bother on them. Going to close the door for the evening soon. They don't know it yet, but they're getting a huge bone each in a few minutes. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Was hoping to have a lie in today and enjoy my last day before I start my new job tomorrow but my kittens had other ideas :pac:

Was hoping to have a lie in today and enjoy my last day before I start my new job tomorrow but my kittens had other ideas :pac:

I've had lie ins yesterday and today until 9:30!!! :D Fed the dogs when they woke up at 6:00 then back to bed with puppy beside me on the bed for 3 hours lol!

I know how you feel Sarannewrap. I was hoping for an early night and a sleep in but the next door neighbours woke us after midnight coming in with their friends for a party, still going on, experience shows that it'll probably still be going til the early hours of tomorrow morning.:mad: Our cats get freaked out being able to hear loud voices clearly but not being able to see any people, so they were on and off our bed all night.

I feel sorry for the people who only moved in next door to them yesterday, what a first night to spend in a new home, if only they knew what they're in for.

Cuddled up with my kitties getting ready to watch the match, perfect Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Cuddled up with my kitties getting ready to watch the match, perfect Sunday
    Up Cork!!!! :D:D

anniehoo wrote: »
    Up Cork!!!! :D:D

If only I was a mod, I'd ban ya for that one :P

Yeah up Cork too - my friend's dog is called Rebel lol so we're supporting them even though we're dubs lol :D

As good a reason as any :P I failed in my attempts to get 3 little Clare jerseys!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

If only I was a mod, I'd ban ya for that one :P

For a small fee, I could arrange that for ya :-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

DBB wrote: »
    For a small fee, I could arrange that for ya :-P

Can you sort out two little Dublin ones for me for the final? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement