Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Pringles so inconsistent???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Cheese and onion - taytos are still best i think
    Salt and vinegar - has to be discos :)
    Smokey bacon - Sam Spudz crinkle cut
    Pringles are horrible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I can fit my whole foot into a pringles tube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mesosplody

Buceph wrote: »
    Some times you get a wonderful bag of Tayto.
    No such thing, surely you must mean King?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lidl Sour Cream and Onion crisps ftw. The big blue bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sour Cream and onion = Jizz

And how exactly do you know that this is an accurate comparision?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mesosplody

SomeFool wrote: »
    Cheese and onion - taytos are still best i think
    Salt and vinegar - has to be discos :)
    Smokey bacon - Sam Spudz crinkle cut
    Pringles are horrible!!!
    Roast turkey are nice. I think they put additional crack on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I accidentally the whole tube of Prawn Cocktail flavoured Pringles two days ago. Although, they taste nothing like prawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Hot Lips/Wheelies ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

'Original' flavour pringles are nasty. Anyone who offers them to me gets a swift kick in the arse for being so boring with their flavour choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

I have agreed with everybody in this thread!! A record! OPen the Champagne!!

Edit: put the Champagne on hold. I didnt agree with the anti-pringles guy.

Someday the dream will come true.

• Advertisement

and chipsticks. Walshb was not thanked enough.

Sometimes chipsticks are like salt and salt and salt and bits of melty potato goodness ( the heart it doth protest, but we ignoreth!), and sometimes its like eating a few branches that fell in the forest.

fix that ChipStick people. Fix it good.

'Original' flavour pringles are nasty. Anyone who offers them to me gets a swift kick in the arse for being so boring with their flavour choices.

How did they even survive the original flavour? Thankfully I started with the sour cream and onion goodness, so I put it down to the flavour not the crisps themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I love any crisp that makes the inside of my mouth numb... so salt and vinegar mccoys... hunky dorys, discos and banshee bones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Thinking of salt and vinegar makes me salivate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Once you get half way down a tube of sour cream and onion Pringles they start to taste like grease.

Chilli Heatwave Doritos FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Salt and Vinegar Discos when they had those wee extra-salty-vinegary flavour sachets that you could add if you were badass. Mmmm.

I don't think they're around the republic, but spicy flavour Transform-a-Snack are fcuking delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I love sour cream and onion Pringles!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    chickatees are gone to crap lately. which is devastating. all the flavour seems to be on one and they're not as melty as they were.

Agreed, I've gone po-faced trying to melt them recently.

I would quite happily live on crisps - once in college I only had £1 for dinner so I bought 10 bags of hot lips. :o

Pringles are evil, but on the rare occasion that I do go to the darkside, I only like the sour cream ones - then I eat an entire tube and feel sick. I love Walkers Thai Sweet Chilli, Tayto Ripples in Sour Cream & Onion, and Hunky Dory Worcester Sauce but they're really hard to find. And I can't believe that nobody's mentioned the tooth-picking-fest that's Johnny Onion Rings. Yummy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Insurgent wrote: »
    Same as Monster Munch...get one packet and they are lovely and others its like eating dry cream crackers.

Dry cream crackers are awesome. Have to be jacobs though...none of that cheap imitation ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I find them pretty much consistent, i.e. crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I honestly don't know. Maybe they just trying out new ingredients? Some occassions they brand and advertise it better like for Christmas. Not sure if the taste and selection of flavours are innconsistent haven't notice cause I don't always buy pringles. They are tastey and adictive not matter what flavour you buy! Sour cream and onion and the cheese flavoured ones are my favourite, I like most of the flavours except the salt and vinegar. :pac: (thats suppose to look like a pringle with a bite lol!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

the_syco wrote: »
    Lidl Sour Cream and Onion crisps ftw. The big blue bag.

No no noooo. I can only eat a handful of these before I start to feel pukey. The sour cream flavour is nice enough, but they've a buttery twang to them too, bit sickening imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Anyone remember Tayto Gators? The smokey bacon flavour was overwhelming in them!

I also liked the rippled Pringles that came in a dark blue tube. Shame they're gone too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

King are the most inconsistent crisp. When they're bad they're as good as many crisps but when they're good, they shit all over every other crisp out there. They beat the crap out of Tayto, smash anything by Walkers - and pretty much rape every other brand. King FTW - when done right.

Pringles are nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

pawrick wrote: »
    hate when you get the one with all the flavouring without noticing - tastes rotten

also never try them with chewing gum, the gum breaks up and sticks to your teeth...not nice although i wonder why i ever thought it could be.

these are the best of the easily got ones imo

Cheese and onion - King Chrisps
    Smokey Bacon - Sam Spudz
    Salt and vinegar - Pringles/Tayto
    Prawn Cocktail - skips

Old Monster munches before they changed the falvour
    Chickatees
    Chip sticks
    Cheese bites - Tesco, supervalue etc
    Dorreto Tangy cheese
    Rancheros

So glad I read to the end of the post before going berserk. Rancheros are a superb snack, and no other smokey bacon product comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

I want pringles now. BBQ flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

RichieC wrote: »
    I can fit my whole foot into a pringles tube.

Finally. Someone whose existence is as mundane and pointless as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Nobody's mentioned cruncho's yet?? Greatest.crisps.ever

Not a huge pringles fan. Much rather a packet of Tayto S&V or King C&O :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pringles are in fact biscuity cake.

Not made from potato. :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7490346.stm

That's pretty off putting though tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

To hell with crisps.Cant beat a trip to the pub,a pint and a pack of BACON FRIES..nom nom nom

Advertisement