Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Pringles so inconsistent???

Options
  • 24-02-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Like a lot of people, I like a few Pringles every now and then...

However, why, in these days of mass production and product testing are pringles so inconsistent? Some days, you can get a lovely tube of Cheese and onion with loads of flavour and other days, you may as well be eating cardboard - no flavour:mad:

Has anyone got any tips on how to recognise a great flavoursome tube or will it remain a saturday night lottery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sour Cream and Onion ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Pringles have gone down the tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Same as Monster Munch...get one packet and they are lovely and others its like eating dry cream crackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I love pringles I always do the duck face with them :rolleyes: Sour cream and onion or prawn cocktail.. nom nom nom :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They originally made Tennis Ball's, they still havent perfected thier manufacturing process.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2006/10/21/mitch-hedberg-on-pringles-169072

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

I find that Hunky Dorys are even more inconsistent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

McCoys Salt and vinegar are the superior crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Pringles=over-priced sh1te in a tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

McCoys Salt and vinegar are the superior crisp.
    This plus a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Pringles are in fact biscuity cake.

Not made from potato. :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7490346.stm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I refer to this phenomenon as the "Tayto Surprise" as cheese and onion Tayto's seem to be the worst offenders in standardising and quality control. Some times you get a wonderful bag of Taytos. True beauties, and on those days they are the greatest crisp in the world. Other days you get seriously bad crisps, and they can be worse than any other manufacturers worst offerings. The range of Taytos quality is so completely vast that I coined the term "Tayto Surprise" in honour of them.

I have plans that should I ever come into money, I'll set up a website of that name. I will get crisps and savoury snacks from around the world, and build the definitive reference site for what is and isn't a worthy crisp (and peanut, sesame stick, popcorn, corn snack and nut in general.) And you can all help me when I set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

remember when sour cream and onion had loads of the stuff coated on them? barely any taste off them sometimes now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The flavour is probably at the bottom of the tube. You need to give them a good long hard shake before you open.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam I want salt and vinegar pringles now and monster munch,I love it when you get really salty pringles and real spicey monster munch nyommmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Sour Cream and onion = Jizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Meh, Doritos chilli heatwave FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Dam I want salt and vinegar pringles now and monster munch,I love it when you get really salty pringles and real spicey monster munch nyommmmmmmmmm

Don't get me started on monster munch, they used to be thick and covered in flavoring, now they're just puffs of air. Delicious puffs of air....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Once you pop, you cant stop!

So obviously there is Heroin in Pringles. The first taste is always unbelievable, then not so good the second time, the third time it just tastes like cardboard...so you keep eating it trying to achieve the taste you got the first time. Soon you and Amy Winehouse are on the streets selling your bodies to get some money to feed yer addictions...Hey kids, Pringles are baaaaad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Had a bag of Banshee Bones the other day, there still gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,789 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can't say I have ever noticed the discrepancy with pringles, but chipsticks, yes. Love them, but when you get a bland packet, you sure know about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

can't go wrong with a bag of skips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Never mind the flavour, how come they can't sort it so that my hand can fit in the tube! Or have it slightly spring loaded so that as more delicious pringles are eaten, and thus the contents being lighter, the inner base would rise majestically to the top, allowing me to eat them without turning the tin on its side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

MMmmm. Chickatees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

chickatees are gone to crap lately. which is devastating. all the flavour seems to be on one and they're not as melty as they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Love salt and venegar ones. Hmm..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

And why keep hammering home this myth of "Once you pop you cant stop" when they clearly supply them with an air tight re-sealable lid.
    Have the faith of your convictions Pringles. Foil top only!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    chickatees are gone to crap lately. which is devastating. all the flavour seems to be on one and they're not as melty as they were.

hate when you get the one with all the flavouring without noticing - tastes rotten

also never try them with chewing gum, the gum breaks up and sticks to your teeth...not nice although i wonder why i ever thought it could be.

these are the best of the easily got ones imo

Cheese and onion - King Chrisps
    Smokey Bacon - Sam Spudz
    Salt and vinegar - Pringles/Tayto
    Prawn Cocktail - skips

Old Monster munches before they changed the falvour
    Chickatees
    Chip sticks
    Cheese bites - Tesco, supervalue etc
    Dorreto Tangy cheese
    Rancheros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    Had a bag of Banshee Bones the other day, there still gorgeous!

they are soooo yummie.

i had meanies the other day for the first time in ages! they were delicious.

as for pringles the only ones i found flavourful were the sour cream and the salt and vinegar ones....

ready salted just taste like cardboard and the cheese and onion ones are just not tayto's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Would love a packet of mummies yumm http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/ClawsOfTheMummies.jpg

this thread has gotten so off topic just loads of people drueling about all
    sorts of crisps at this stage :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I prefer skips

Advertisement