Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Post-mania spring clean

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Really?

Well the locals back in Punjab must get fed up of watching the same old 60mins of footage he appears in per annum :D

Yeah I know I couldn't believe it myself. I remember reading probably a year ago that if Khali wrestled on Superstars or in a boring filler match they'd usually put his match later in the show or give it a big build up through Indian commentary. Also, he was never ever buried or made to look extremely weak and sometimes matches were edited to make him long stronger in that market. I'll try and dig out the link for you later, its actually a fascinating read about how they treat the Indian market regarding Khali.

He's what Rey Mysterio is to the Latino market, and he's even been in films in India.

So regardless of how useless he is (and he is), I'd be shocked if they released him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It was on gerweck.net but I can't find the direct link, only the quoted text from other sites;
    The WWE edits out most of the Great Khali's losses when they air the show in India. He is treated like a babyface and his opponents are ALWAYS the heels. Most of the fans in India think that wrestling is real, so the WWE has to protect Khali. He is considered a national hero to the fans in his country. I would assume that they may do this with some of the other foreign wrestlers as well. (credit: Ron Showtime)

And from Wrestlezone;
    In a clever marketing technique WWE are editing the Great Khali's losses and making him look stronger on Indian broadcasts, in order to capitalize on their growing popularity in the country.

Khali is seen as a national treasure and market stalls, shops and other outlets are making a killing selling Khali merchandise. He is a tremendous hit amongst children who imitate his matches at school.

According to once source Indian's still see wrestling as real in most cases, and they have huge pride in Khali's domination in the WWE.

From a business standpoint Khali is a big asset to WWE and practically drives its popularity in India, so no matter how boring he may become to US fans, he won't be let go anytime soon.

With WWE's recent plan to expand in to China it would be interesting to see if they hire any Chinese stars and do a similar thing.

There are currently no reports of this type of thing happening to anyone else but Khali.
    Source: Wrestlezone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i'd think a few of the lads from the nxt shows will be out the door bar maybe the corre and nexus groups

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

There is no way Swagger will be released.

Advertisement