Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Post-mania spring clean

Options
  • 22-02-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so as we all know WWE does a mass future endevoured to multiple employees when the road to wrestlemania is over.
    Last year they parted ways with the likes of Carlito, Paul Burchail, Tony Atlas, Jimmy wang yang and a load more.

I cant see this year being any different, so who would you expect, or wouldnt be surprised if they got their p45 come april?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

DH Smith
    JTG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The Ussos
    Swagger
    Darren Young
    Rosa Mendes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

DH Smith
    JTG

Koslov (from killer heel to comedy babyface, so what's left?)
    Melina (this year's Mickie James)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think Tyson Kidd is prime for the chop. They gave him a push and abandoned it a week later and he's not even on TV anymore.

DH Smith. Nothing really there for him, he's lost in the shuffle.

Husky Harris might be due for the chop unless he reappears on TV soon.

Primo, not doing anything.

Zack Ryder could be in trouble too, they don't even use him for foil much anymore.

JTG, nothing worthwhile.

Curt Hawkins I'd say is lingering near the chop.

Trent Barreta will probably be safe, but future endeavouring wouldnt surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

168117_177716862266638_100000849760774_356827_751130_n.jpg
    (cheers to jaykhunter for posting this)

Theres a image of the two rosters and whos 'active' at the moment.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Most likely active roster
    (cheers to jaykhunter for posting this)

Theres a image of the two rosters and whos 'active' at the moment.
    Alright lemme re-do my list here....

Primo
    Tyson Kidd
    DH Smith
    Darren Young
    Alicia Fox
    Joey Mercury
    JTG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I hope JTG has been saving his money he's so fired.Agree with most posted above.In the long run i'd worry for Swagger,Sheamus & Gail Kim.The first 2 have been woefully used the last 6 months & I don't think they have much planned for Kim long term.I expect Lawler to leave too later in the year.I'd worry too for Kong wwe won't like her look thats why she's not on tv at the moment I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    I hope JTG has been saving his money he's so fired.Agree with most posted above.In the long run i'd worry for Swagger,Sheamus & Gail Kim.The first 2 have been woefully used the last 6 months & I don't think they have much planned for Kim long term.I expect Lawler to leave too later in the year.I'd worry too for Kong wwe won't like her look thats why she's not on tv at the moment I suspect.

Gail Kim could be ok as she is Bryan's "girlfriend" and is kinda feuding with the Bellas (who imo need to be let go) and if pushed for the Divas Title could be good in a feud with Beth, Natayla or Kong (if she evers debuts)

Is Finlay still around?

I think Swagger might be in trouble

I'm praying Christian isnt let go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gail Kim could be ok as she is Bryan's "girlfriend" and is kinda feuding with the Bellas (who imo need to be let go) and if pushed for the Divas Title could be good in a feud with Beth, Natayla or Kong (if she evers debuts)

Is Finlay still around?

Christian won't be let go he's got a lot to offer(sadly he won't ever be a WWE Champ).Finlay is a agent backstage come to think of it wwe should of put him & Regal as Trainers in Tough Enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd be worried for Truth the way he was jobbed out to Clay and in the EC.

• Advertisement

I'd be worried for Truth the way he was jobbed out to Clay and in the EC.

And he certainly won't be kept around for any future music merchandising considering how brutal it is on the ears! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Not happening both the Raw and Smackdown head writer & Johnny Ace are extremely high on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Just imagine. What in the blue hell would you do then?
    I shudder to think Liz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Right lets try this...

DiBiase - Apperently in trouble with WWE, so might make it easy for him to leave.

Otunga - Never does anything worthwhile, waste of money & has no in ring, OR backstage talents.

Truth - Turning into a jobber one week and pushing him the next, AKA creative have nothing for him, so why waste money?

Zack Ryder - Who? Who? WHO???

Darren Young - Lol, no comment.

Primo - Forget all about him TBH, thought he was gone already...

*Shocker* Jerry Lawler - He's been given his title match, he's being given a WM, been given a real story line, but he's been around for years now, usually when people get one last push they are let go afterwards. WWE could do a final story where the ANON GM fires him for getting involved physically with his butt buddy Cole, and then the GM fires him which could lead to his WWE retirement/ FE-ing.

AND NOW ONTO SMACKDOWN!!!

Swagger - Same reason as DiBiase, causing trouble for WWE management, so let him go.

JTG - Nothing to offer and he's just a BAD comedy act now.

Hornswoggle - Just do it, PLEASE.

Matt Striker - On the WWE naughty list, and god knows when you go on that list, there's NO coming back.

Other names I can see getting let go, but more than likely not.

The USO's
    Meleena
    Yoshi Tatsu :(
    Curt Hawkins
    The SD! Ring Announcer - The rated R ......... SOOOOOOPERstar....

Chris Masters - Ok so this is a longshot, as I know he's set for a big push, but doesn't a push normally start with something? It's set to start after WM, but he hasn't been on TV in over a month right? I even think his push was set to start after the rumble, but I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Here's what I think

Raw
    Alex Riley - Needs to do something away from Miz · Alicia Fox - Borderline · Brie Bella - Safe · CM Punk - Safe · Daniel Bryan - Safe · Darren Young - Extremely likely to be future Endeavored or to go back down to Florida · David Hart Smith - 1 for the chopping board · David Otunga - safe enough in the Nexus role, in trouble otherwise · Evan Bourne - safe enough · Eve Torres - safe · Gail Kim - Safe enough · Goldust - safe · The Great Khali - safe enough · Husky Harris - Safe if called back up to the main roster w/Nexus · Jerry Lawler - safe · Jey Uso - completely teetering · Jimmy Uso - see Jey· John Cena - safe · John Morrison - safe · Mark Henry - safe · Maryse - safe · Mason Ryan - I have real doubts tbh · Melina - safe enough · Michael Cole - safe · Michael McGillicutty - Safe enough · Michael Tarver - Bye Bye · The Miz - AWESOME!!!:pac: · Natalya - Safe · Nikki Bella - Safe · Primo - Doubtful he'll last · R-Truth - Unsure · Randy Orton - Safe · Ranjin Singh - see Khali · Santino Marella - Safe enough with the comedy role · Sheamus - Safe · Skip Sheffield - Teetering · Tamina - Very Risky · Ted DiBiase - Really needs a push, a real risk · Triple H - Safe · Tyson Kidd - All abandoned · Vladimir Kozlov - Safe as long as the tag team w/Santino continues · William Regal - He'll be grand as long as he doesn't fail wellness for the 3rd time · Yoshi Tatsu - Risky · Zack Ryder - I really want him to stay, WWWYKI!!

SmackDown
    Alberto Del Rio - Safe · Beth Phoenix - Safe as SD's dominant Diva· The Big Show - Safe · Chavo Guerrero - 50/50 · Chris Masters - Safe for now · Christian - Safe · Cody Rhodes - Safe · Curt Hawkins - Got some sort of push that meant nothing, he won't last · Dolph Ziggler - Safe (if he gets "re-hired") · Drew McIntyre - Pretty Safe· Edge - Safe · Ezekiel Jackson - Safe w/The Corre · Heath Slater - See Big Zeke · Hornswoggle - Future Endevoured, never to return:cool: · Jack Swagger - Really needs a push, in risk but can't see him going · JTG - Just Time 2 Go · Justin Gabriel - See rest of The Corre members · Kaitlyn - No impression made, Very likely to go · Kane - Safe · Kelly Kelly - Safe on SD · Kofi Kingston - Safe · Layla - Will struggle without McCool · Michelle McCool - Not if Taker has anything to say · Rey Mysterio - Safe · Ricardo Rodriguez - Safe · Rosa Mendes - Lost · Trent Barretta - In real trouble, likely to go · Tyler Reks - No real impact made, on the chopping board · The Undertaker - Safe · Vickie Guerrero - Safe · Wade Barrett - Safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Is Finlay still around?

Never release the Bellas, they are televisual perfection :D

Finlay is important backstage so he is safe. And Christian looks more than safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think they'll get rid of Kidd or Smith. The company has been good to Bret the last while and will likely want to do something with him in 2011, so unless they do something silly I reckon the Hart kids will be around. They aren't looking good as singles performers but they can always just put the two of them back together and have a decent tag team. There's not many around.

People I would not be surprised to see go would be:

Primo - lost at the moment
    JTG - they don't seem keen on him
    Curt Hawkins - Superstars seems the limit for him
    Trent Barreta - see above
    Darren Young - Can't see him being relevant any time soon.
    Husky Harris - I don't think the company is happy about his size and weight and if he doesn't sort it out I could see him being let go.
    Kozlov - I think Santino is keeping him in a job and when they break up I can see him going soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

why Meleena? why would they get rid of her then the twins. they'v never had a title between them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

cena wrote: »
    why Meleena? why would they get rid of her then the twins. they'v never had a title between them both.

Melina is meant to be of a nightmare backstage, so I think some expect Vince on a bad day may get rid of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'd say Khali and his manager are risks. What are they going to do with him going forward... roll him out for a mini push pre-royal rumble once a year. (no room when they are already doing that with Mark Henry) :rolleyes:

Actually ... on the whole theory of giving someone a final push before letting them go... Mark Henry anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Here's my opinion on the likely candidates

Raw
    Alicia Fox - doesn't do much likely to go·
    Darren Young - Future endeavoured, when he didn't make the cut for the rumble i feared for him
    David Hart Smith/Tyson Kidd - I think they'll keep
    Uso's moved to Smackdown
    Melina - gone, when they abandoned her push that was the end of her
    Primo - Joining Carlito
    Ted DiBiase - Safe this year needs to refind his rhythm or else could go next year
    Yoshi Tatsu - Risky ·
    Zack Ryder - The superstars world champ, he's got to stay WWYKI

SmackDown
    JTG - Imagine will be gone
    Kaitlyn - Massive potential on the diva side needs a storyline
    Rosa Mendes - Lost ·
    Trent Barretta -Probably gone ·
    Tyler Reks - Likely to stay but superstars will probably be home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Xinkai wrote: »
    Right lets try this...

DiBiase - Apperently in trouble with WWE, so might make it easy for him to leave.

Truth - Turning into a jobber one week and pushing him the next, AKA creative have nothing for him, so why waste money?

Swagger - Same reason as DiBiase, causing trouble for WWE management, so let him go.

Matt Striker - On the WWE naughty list, and god knows when you go on that list, there's NO coming back.

Hi mate,

How do you hear all this stuff, have you any recommended sites ? I am always keen to know backstage info, but get most of my info from here!

I'd say Khali and his manager are risks. What are they going to do with him going forward... roll him out for a mini push pre-royal rumble once a year. (no room when they are already doing that with Mark Henry) :rolleyes:

No chance of Khali being let go, he's absolutely huge in the Indian and surrounding countries' markets. He is the Indian markets' equivalent of Stone Cold or Hulk Hogan, and he is pivotal in keeping WWE hugely popular in those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

JTG
    DH Smith
    Primo
    Curt Hawkins
    Darren Young

After that, could be some shockers given the future endeavours

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

what did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No chance of Khali being let go, he's absolutely huge in the Indian and surrounding countries' markets. He is the Indian markets' equivalent of Stone Cold or Hulk Hogan, and he is pivotal in keeping WWE hugely popular in those areas.

Really?

Well the locals back in Punjab must get fed up of watching the same old 60mins of footage he appears in per annum :D

DJKendo wrote: »
    what did he do?

I've heard Cole and Lawler hate working with him too, so anything he does is probably amplified by that

what did he do?
    He annoyed me to no end on the commentary for the Royal Rumble. Big Show walks out and obviously the announcer is supposed to big up his size and chances, Striker starts going on about other tall NFL players who've been in the building. He got so into it no one could go into the cool bit where Nash and Show stared each other down. Cole ended up telling him to shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Barrington wrote: »
    I've heard Cole and Lawler hate working with him too, so anything he does is probably amplified by that

ya, but the post I quoted said:

"On the WWE naughty list, and god knows when you go on that list, there's NO coming back."

he obviously done something bad like :|

• Advertisement

ya, but the post I quoted said:

"On the WWE naughty list, and god knows when you go on that list, there's NO coming back."

he obviously done something bad like :|

I know, but if Cole and Lawler were complaining about him, then Striker makes a little mistake, it'd be seen as a bigger mistake than what it actually was. Same way how I used to have a lecturer at college. Once one of the lads pointed out to me how she always used a certain phrase, I noticed every time she said it. Then everything she did began to annoy me.

If Cole and Lawler are complaining about Striker, little mistakes will become more noticable

Advertisement