Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re chavacon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

FWIW, cross breeds are great, but mixing two designer breeds for a designer puppy made up breed is a terrible terrible idea. These people are generally just in it for the money and do not consider the future, or the health of these pups. For all you know the mother and father are both riddled with health issues.
    As far as I understand both the Cavalier and Bichon are prone to certain health, mixing two breeds isn't going to give you some automatically superior "best of both worlds" dog, it'll give you a dog that can end up with the health problems from both sides :/

Anyway, I hope your puppy is healthy and always stays healthy, and that your daughter and wife realise what a commitment a dog is and don't take these decisions so lightly in future.

I also hope that a lot of other people will look at the dogs in rescues and take in a dog that needs a home, without taking other people's bad experiences to heart and assume the dog must be "bad" somehow to end up in a pound/shelter :(

Advertisement