Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheamus Push

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought this should be noted here. On his Creative Recall blog, John Piermarini (a former member of WWE creative) said...

- Sheamus is being humbled big time these last few months. My guess is that his head got a little too big the last year with his meteoric rise. I seen a change in him since the day he won the WWE Title, apparently I wasn’t the only one.

if Vince wants to deflate the career of Sheamus this is pretty much how you do it. He will learn his lesson real quick spending each week like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

What's everyone talking about? Sure he just had two 'buried alive' matches on Raw in one night :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

If he's getting a big head, i understand the need to humble him a bit.

But why not use his star power & former WWE champion status to elevate guys that have a future? Instead of wasting it on never-will-bes like Mark Henry.

Could use him to elevate Daniel Bryan, or Kofi Kingston. Or they could just take him off television altogether.

I never understood the point of damaging your own guys in the eyes of the fans. Why damage his career when you could hit him where it hurts? His wallet. Taking him off TV would mean he wouldn't have to have transport etc paid for.

Seems like a waste to me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

He still gets paid when hes off tv, the way the downside garantee works no matter what they do to him hell get his full years wage at the end of the year in a lump sum,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Have to say that WWE are really undermining the new guys and the mid-upper card level.Sheamus who put HHH on the shelf is now jobbing to Mark Henry and will inevitably be buried by HHH at some point in some pass off angle.

Meanwhile Wade Barrett has been demoted in favour of CM Punk.The Nexus and Kane who buried the Undertaker are now involved in some 8 man tag at Mania.Its like the WWE have discarded the older fans who actually remember 5 months ago.

It does nothing for storyline continuation and I think it looks bad for creative and the roster if they are by-passing stuff.

King Sheamus coming out in a robe is fairly embarassing.Its like carnival wrestling and something out of the 80s.Its hard to imagine Sheamus get buried moreso than he was the last few weeks.While a once off loss to Mark Henry is credible,he was made look a total jobber even though his performance at Elimination Chamber was probably one of the best performances.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/pdf/SheamusMuscleFitnessCover.pdf

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/news/sheamusmusclefitness

Sculpting a chiseled physique is all about intensity, and few Superstars are quite as intense as Sheamus, who graces the cover of the latest issue of Muscle & Fitness magazine. (VIEW THE COVER)
    In the issue, the two-time WWE Championand 2010 King of the Ring recounts his meteoric ascent to WWE Superstardom and the challenges he overcame as he began his in-ring journey.
    “I never gave up,” The Celtic Warrior told the magazine of his desire to become a WWE Superstar. “People laughed at me when I told them what I was trying to do. They looked down on it or whatever. But I’m telling you, this is the world to me. To be a part of the WWE, to go on to WrestleMania like we’ve got coming up in a few weeks – that’s everything.”
    The issue also sheds light on The High King of WWE’s rigorous training regimen, designed for him by WWE’s strength and conditioning consultant Rob MacIntyre: The Celtic Warrior Workout.
    For a detailed breakdown of Sheamus’ Celtic Warrior Workout and for more insight from the devious Dubliner himself, pick up the April issue of Muscle & Fitness, in stores March 15. To learn more about the magazine, visit muscleandfitness.com.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Reports say Shambo dropped the KOTR gimmick (and went back not looking like a knob) at a house show last weekend, maybe he'll drop it on TV tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Lads I may have missed a half hour of raw, did Sheamo win, or did they have the match at all and tone raw to 90 mins?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Xinkai wrote: »
    Lads I may have missed a half hour of raw, did Sheamo win, or did they have the match at all and tone raw to 90 mins?

He won the US title in a ~10 minute quite good match via pinfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Not sure if this topic is spoiler free -
    To be honest I thought Sheamus v Bryan for the title would have been the Wrestlemania pay-off, but now that they have given us this singles match and the title has changed hands, makes the possibility of a MITB match at WM slightly more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Not 2 weeks before WM dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

A Mania MITB is not happening.

Following last night's SD tapings:
    Sheamus beat Kofi. I reckon that either a Sheamus v Kofi rematch to unify the belts could take place at Mania. It would make sense to have Bryan drop the belt to Sheamus so it can lead to a Heel v Face match at Mania. No idea where that would leave Bryan though but I'm sure the likes of Kofi, Sheamus, Bryan and Drew will fit in somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

glenjamin wrote: »
    A Mania MITB is not happening.

Following last night's SD tapings:
    Sheamus beat Kofi. I reckon that either a Sheamus v Kofi rematch to unify the belts could take place at Mania. It would make sense to have Bryan drop the belt to Sheamus so it can lead to a Heel v Face match at Mania. No idea where that would leave Bryan though but I'm sure the likes of Kofi, Sheamus, Bryan and Drew will fit in somewhere.
    2 weeks to go, and I don't believe any of them have a match booked yet, so a four-way would make sense.

Advertisement