Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licencing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭rochefan

My suggestion would be that if CI receive payment before end of Dec or maybe mid Jan then normal prices apply but after that there is a €10 extra charge. Only makes sense if CI can guarantee licence will arrive within a week or 2 or payment. New member joining CI for 1st time would be exempt from any extra charges. Think this would stop this whole making payment in mid Feb thing and delaying the whole procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

I think a charge will be in place for next year for postal licences as these tke up most of the office time along with the printing of licences.

I think its important that we should be guaranteeing a specific turnaround time.

@RPL1 the number comes with your licence as well as a handbook with the races and tech regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

All I would like to thank you for the suggestions which I aired at our meeting tonight. The problem this year was that the back numbers only arrived yesterday due to a delay in printing. This will be rectified for next year as we are ordering them in July! In the event of a delay in getting a card licence there will be a print off page as suggested here by dave2, there will be an additional charge for posted applicationsfromnext year. We will review the licence renewal process on line as suggested by Nellie to try make it as easy and as user friendly as possible.

An insurance faq will go up on the website. I was wrong about the insurance from 1/1 to 31/12 there is a period of grace until the end of Jan where you are still covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Good stuff, morana.

I would suggest always making the proof-of page available. Whether there is a delay or not. Not sure how someone can race without that magic number though.....for what it's worth, year-long numbers seem very odd to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

morana wrote: »
    The problem this year was that the back numbers only arrived yesterday due to a delay in printing. This will be rectified for next year as we are ordering them in July! In the event of a delay in getting a card licence there will be a print off page as suggested here by dave2, there will be an additional charge for posted applicationsfromnext year. We will review the licence renewal process on line as suggested by Nellie to try make it as easy and as user friendly as possible.

That's this year's excuse. It was a different one last year, and another the year before. Maybe next year will be different ............ maybe ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@dave- they have day licence numbers and can give these out at sign on.

Advertisement