Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

scudzilla wrote: »
    Guess you'll be after some Dildo's :P;)
    hmm, well I wasn't before now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Yep, standing tix are still available so I just picked up one for a mate who'd missed out previously and also availed of Ulster Bank's 25% discount through my uFirst account benefits, nice:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

They were one of the bands who started NDH in the late 80's. People say that Ruoska (Finnish Industrial band) copy Rammstein. If that's the case, Rammstein copied Oomph! Check out their songs Keine Luft Mehr and Augen Auf.

Nope - Rammstein actually copied / was influenced by Laibach.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Merowig wrote: »
    Nope - Rammstein actually copied / was influenced by Laibach.

This whole thing of these copied these guys is all over youtube and I think everyone would prefer if it didn't happen here.

No one copies anyone, it's a genre and each band in a genre is influenced by some band they heard. If they like the elements of a certain band, they will incorporate it into their own sound, not to copy someone else, but because they like making that type of music.

I write lyrics in German and yes, I am heavily influenced by Rammstein, Oomph, Eisbrecher, Megaherz etc. when it comes to the vocal tone of my lyrics and the overall theme of the song.

The music I write on guitar is far removed from these bands and would be more in line with the likes of Darkane, Fear Factory etc.

I am by no means copying anyone. I just love the tone of the German lyrics and what can be done by using German instead of English.

What you're saying is nearly like saying Leinster copied Munster by playing good rugby ;). It's a sport. Consider each metal genre as a sport and it might make it a bit clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

This whole thing of these copied these guys is all over youtube and I think everyone would prefer if it didn't happen here.

No one copies anyone, it's a genre and each band in a genre is influenced by some band they heard. If they like the elements of a certain band, they will incorporate it into their own sound, not to copy someone else, but because they like making that type of music.

I write lyrics in German and yes, I am heavily influenced by Rammstein, Oomph, Eisbrecher, Megaherz etc. when it comes to the vocal tone of my lyrics and the overall theme of the song.

The music I write on guitar is far removed from these bands and would be more in line with the likes of Darkane, Fear Factory etc.

I am by no means copying anyone. I just love the tone of the German lyrics and what can be done by using German instead of English.

What you're saying is nearly like saying Leinster copied Munster by playing good rugby ;). It's a sport. Consider each metal genre as a sport and it might make it a bit clearer.

well put. There is nothing new under the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Cyanide13

Anyone know of buses going from Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I cant wait for Mein Teil. Jesus I'm excited now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

getting closer wooo

Myself and a few others on the Rammstein Community have organised a beers meet at Bruxelle's on Sunday 26th at 8:00pm if anyone is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Anyone doing anything for beers beforehand

• Advertisement

Looking forward to this now, if I can get there. Looking for bus coming back that night from Athlone area. If anyone knows of any buses please let me know - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Looking for bus coming back that night from Athlone area.

Did you ask in your local Ticketmaster outlet - Music World in Golden Island SC they should know if there are any buses going.

laros wrote: »
    Did you ask in your local Ticketmaster outlet - Music World in Golden Island SC they should know if there are any buses going.

Can't get through to them on the phone for some reason, is it because their selling up? I'm not in town until Monday so that will prob be a little late to ask if they are doing a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

any news of a meetup happening beforehand??

--LOS-- wrote: »
    any news of a meetup happening beforehand??

See my post above ;)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Really looking forward to it myself. Should be a great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Getting so close now...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I thought on Monday that this would be the slowest week of my life but it's almost Thursday now, wahey. Very excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

is there any sort of meet up organised on the Monday before heading to the O2...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

See my post above ;)

That's the day beforehand! When I got the tickets it seemed ages away, now it's way too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Can't get through to them on the phone for some reason, is it because their selling up?

"Cyanide13"
    Didn't know that ... they were always a bit expensive tho.... Could you not drive up... or get a train and a hostel/ hotel in dublin for the night...????

laros wrote: »
    "Cyanide13"
    Didn't know that ... they were always a bit expensive tho.... Could you not drive up... or get a train and a hostel/ hotel in dublin for the night...????

Yeah it's up for sale, but I managed to get through today but No bus. So looks like I'll be doin the above but def not driving as it'll be a day of drinkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

any one know what the story is with queuing before hand at the o2 to get to the front or semi front.? how long before opening you should cue and all that..

this gig came around extremely fast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Anyone else get the express tickets for this? Just the print out with the bar code an stuff. I'm very paranoid mine won't work for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Anyone else get the express tickets for this? Just the print out with the bar code an stuff. I'm very paranoid mine won't work for some reason

test it out on the bar code scanner in Tesco self service. If the voice says "unexpected item in bagging area" then you're in trouble :p

Any decent modern printer will do the bar code no problem. The issues used to be poor paper and or ink causing smudging. You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

I was paranoid about a print-out ticket I had for a gig a while ago too. But even though the paper was crumpled and fecked by the time it was scanned. It was still fine. So no worries.

SOOO excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Ours worked fine when we went to see Rammstein in Berlin just before christmas, even though they had been crumpled up and had been kicking around in our luggage for a few days.

Oh, did i mention we went to see Rammstein just before christmas.....? :D

Also, would anyone else be up for a few pints before the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

I wonder how the ticket sales are going for this. Says on the website that it's one of the few European venues not sold out so far. Be a shame to see empty seats at it.

The empty seats will be up at the back where no one is looking ;)

Out of 15,000 tickets, there's about 600 seating left. Not bad for a band that only a few people have heard of :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

The empty seats will be up at the back where no one is looking ;)

Out of 15,000 tickets, there's about 600 seating left. Not bad for a band that only a few people have heard of :pac:

That's fairly good alright, glad to hear it.

Advertisement