Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Fine Gael Girl" - FG's online cringe gets weirder...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

So what you are saying is, I'll try to stop laughing while I type here, that elderly people are dying of....meanness??:confused:
    That is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read!!

Well €100 is more than enough for food, and as I said they get well looked after in terms of other state services so and putting €30 aside for clothes and other expenses, €100 is plenty for fuel.

So yes it is meanness, or an unwillingness to spend on fuel in case they spend too much - they ration it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Nice, play the man, not the ball. See if you can hold some more typos against me :rolleyes:

I'm young enough to have no commitments financially thankfully and I'm from a rural area. I have taken a reduction in income but I'm quite philosophical about it, to be honest I don't mind doing my bit for my country. Any more misplaced projections you want to put on me??:rolleyes:

With a touch of anger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Well €100 is more than enough for food, and as I said they get well looked after in terms of other state services so and putting €30 aside for clothes and other expenses, €100 is plenty for fuel.

So yes it is meanness, or an unwillingness to spend on fuel in case they spend too much - they ration it

oppenheimer1 society 0

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

So it's not one of those Tania Derveaux jobs then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

darkman2 wrote: »
    This reminds me of something like a Musulini propaganda campaign...Ireland is green and will always be green. We don't like blue - it's tacky:(

Sure all those fascist groups, they're the same!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

biko wrote: »
    Audio is really bad, sounds like she did the voice recording in a bathroom.

All the better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

what about insurance? Mortgage- not all elderly people have finished paying or rent- not all places take rent allowance? Sometimes insurance doesn't cover health needs- a lady I know has to pay in full for her badly needed hip operation- can't wait for public, they just fob her off.
    Telephone? Television? Car insurance? House insurance? Might have to get the car kitted out for automatic for some health concerns. If you have eye sight issues, can't use your car anymore- have to use other means of transport. Toiletries(incontinence pads, sudo cream, bandages, disinfectant, senekot/laxatives, complan etc etc - these things aren't covered by medical card) Then you have to pay to get gas checked out every year. NCT. Car tax. Bin charges. Water charges. If you have asthma, might need to rent a nebiliser. If have blood pressure issues, might need a monitor. If have no bus service or car, might have to pay taxis.
    There's a million and seven things that need to be paid for that you haven't budgeted for in your meagre 30 euro.

Asthmatics or anyone with respiratory problems can't use coal by the way!
    In cities, you have to buy a certain kind of coal that is fair expensive- smokeless useless crap which wrecks the grating- that too needs replacing every few months - and a fire only heats one room and for elderly, you need to have it going day and night. My electric and gas was 260 for the two months - an elderly persons heating bill would probably be double that.

Seriously, do I really need to keep going here? Will I get my nana to write up how much her weekly bill really is? I can assure you, 230 doesn't cover it and we're paying the difference (happily but then we are in a position to do so.)
    She also has no secret post office savings or any of that nonsense.

what about insurance? Mortgage- not all elderly people have finished paying or rent- not all places take rent allowance? Sometimes insurance doesn't cover health needs- a lady I know has to pay in full for her badly needed hip operation- can't wait for public, they just fob her off.
    Telephone? Television? Car insurance? House insurance? Might have to get the car kitted out for automatic for some health concerns. If you have eye sight issues, can't use your car anymore- have to use other means of transport. Toiletries(incontinence pads, sudo cream, bandages, disinfectant, senekot/laxatives, complan etc etc - these things aren't covered by medical card) Then you have to pay to get gas checked out every year. NCT. Car tax. Bin charges. Water charges. If you have asthma, might need to rent a nebiliser. If have blood pressure issues, might need a monitor. If have no bus service or car, might have to pay taxis.
    There's a million and seven things that need to be paid for that you haven't budgeted for in your meagre 30 euro.

Asthmatics or anyone with respiratory problems can't use coal by the way!
    In cities, you have to buy a certain kind of coal that is fair expensive- smokeless useless crap which wrecks the grating- that too needs replacing every few months - and a fire only heats one room and for elderly, you need to have it going day and night. My electric and gas was 260 for the two months - an elderly persons heating bill would probably be double that.

Seriously, do I really need to keep going here? Will I get my nana to write up how much her weekly bill really is? I can assure you, 230 doesn't cover it and we're paying the difference (happily but then we are in a position to do so.)
    She also has no secret post office savings or any of that nonsense.

The state pension provides for the basic needs of the elderly. Foresight and a private pension are required if you desire a lifestyle beyond what the state can provide.

The toiletries you mention are provided by the public health nurse. TV and telephone are paid for by the state. House insurance is a nominal sum per week, €2-3 for a house. OAP are exempt from bin charges to a certain limit too. No elderly person should still be paying a mortgage - that was foolish of them. A car is a luxury. My grandparents survived on the state pension so it is not hardship by any means.

Do you really think pensioners should get more, when everything else is being cut? It seems to be alright to let a family struggle but the pensioners are sacred...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

genericguy wrote: »
    her eyes are very far apart.
    The state pension provides for the basic needs of the elderly. Foresight and a private pension are required if you desire a lifestyle beyond what the state can provide.

The toiletries you mention are provided by the public health nurse. TV and telephone are paid for by the state. House insurance is a nominal sum per week, €2-3 for a house. OAP are exempt from bin charges to a certain limit too. No elderly person should still be paying a mortgage - that was foolish of them. A car is a luxury. My grandparents survived on the state pension so it is not hardship by any means.

Do you really think pensioners should get more, when everything else is being cut? It seems to be alright to let a family struggle but the pensioners are sacred...
    Politics forum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This thread is about weather you'd ride Fine Gael Girl or not

Tv license NOT tv is paid by allowance, only a contribution is made to phone (once you turn 70), same with bin, only in certain circumstances. A car is not a luxury if, like I stated before, there is no bus service (which,even though I live in the city, there is none in my area) Elderly people may still be paying a mortgage- life happens to people and we can't all plan for it. To think you can, is very naiive. Not everyone can afford a private pension (and some have lost theirs recently or taken a huge hit on it)
    I don't think they should get more but NO WAY should they get less!! If I can't survive on my wage I can up and leave the country to try find work, I can avail of free upskilling or grants to get me going. Youth is on my side - an elderly person just can't do that!!

Also, it's not right to let a family struggle either but all of your arguments towards elderly can be made against young families.

• Advertisement

Where does it say free Tv - all I can see is free license?

And you said the licence wasn't covered by allowance. You're talking through your hoop.

And you said the licence wasn't covered by allowance. You're talking through your hoop.

I said it was covered - I said TV wasn't. And it's not covered until yr 70. You actually quoted me saying it when you tried to correct me.

I said it was covered - I said TV wasn't. And it's not covered until yr 70. You actually quoted me saying it when you tried to correct me.

I'm too tired for this, misread your post.. Hardly expect the welfare to purchase tvs for oaps now do we. its a one off expense that can be saved for anyway

You really are tired if you think I meant actually buy a TV. I am talking about how much it costs to get channels - they don't come for free y'know (and if they are able to, this new digital yolk that's getting rid of analog is gonna do away with it)

Go to bed - bored of arguing nonsense with you about stuff you haven't practically researched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Lousy Blueshirts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Id rather this auld wan,at least she tell's it as it is :)

Michael Martin, the man with no answers........

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

i know loads of people on the dole who live on less than 230 a week, and they still have plenty of money to go drinking, smoke cigarettes and buy xbox games

dunno what she was complaining about

Old people like to spunk their money by insisting on only buying heavily branded items.

Sergeant wrote: »
    Mehole should have told the auld biddy the truth and said that 230 is a perfectly reasonable sum to live on each week, and that we have the most generous social welfare system in the world.

he couldnt say that, if he did then why would he, cowen, bertie, harney and all his other buddies need such massive pensions to get by??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

THFC wrote: »
    Ride

with the bag over ehr head... shes orange like fanta... her hair is turnin white and her nose to eye ratio is like a bad blend of the asain guy from the hangover meets samul L jackson...

but still... im not picky... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

You're forgetting the number one rule in politics - never give a straight answer.

I can neither confirm nor deny if that is true. ;)

You really are tired if you think I meant actually buy a TV. I am talking about how much it costs to get channels - they don't come for free y'know (and if they are able to, this new digital yolk that's getting rid of analog is gonna do away with it)

Go to bed - bored of arguing nonsense with you about stuff you haven't practically researched.

Yes they do. RTE etc is free to air as are many satellite services including BBC. Do you really think it should be that welfare should pay for premium TV providers such as UPC and SKY?

If a pensioner is putting UPC ahead of their heating bills then they have their priorities wrong.

Yes they do. RTE etc is free to air as are many satellite services including BBC. Do you really think it should be that welfare should pay for premium TV providers such as UPC and SKY?

If a pensioner is putting UPC ahead of their heating bills then they have their priorities wrong.

Oppenheimer the biggest issue with the meehole martin / pensioner footage towards the start of this thread is that meehole wasnt able to give a straight forward explaination to her, he just stuttered and walked off. Just goes to show when he moves off the script he's not much good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Ye would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

More propaganda vids uploaded. In fact if you put them all together it's a like a "How to use the interweb tutorial"

Here we learn how to use flickr (for Fine Gael party purposes)

Then we move on to twitter ("for those who have not experienced the world of twitter")

For those who don't know how to use Youtube

Here we learn how to use facebook (you can have Enda Kenny as a friend)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

And now they have sunk even lower.

http://www.finegael2011.com/game/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

They're a satirists dream, they're just writing the material themselves. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

darkman2 wrote: »
    Here we learn how to use flickr (for Fine Gael party purposes)

Then we move on to twitter ("for those who have not experienced the world of twitter")

For those who don't know how to use Youtube

Here we learn how to use facebook

They haven't managed a ''how to'' tutorial on surviving the austerity measures set up by their mates in FF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Id rather this auld wan,at least she tell's it as it is :)

baldy c_nt is getting money left right and centre riding the politican self interest scheme

why don't the Irish follow the US time honoured tradition of shooting their c_nt politicians?

Advertisement