Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Fine Gael Girl" - FG's online cringe gets weirder...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

the thing is though, we need someone who will not surround himself with yes men, like what we've had for the past decade or so. we can't knock it 'til we try it!
    I don't think we need be too worried about that, half of Enda's own party tried to give him the heave not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

I'd smash it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Sergeant wrote: »
    Mehole should have told the auld biddy the truth and said that 230 is a perfectly reasonable sum to live on each week, and that we have the most generous social welfare system in the world.

We also have some of the highest living expenses in the world - for example, electric and gas are nearly 35% higher than in England. 230 won't go too far in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Really the irish dont deserve this sort of sh1te!

They do tbh. It's our sh1te, that we perpetuate.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

i know loads of people on the dole who live on less than 230 a week, and they still have plenty of money to go drinking, smoke cigarettes and buy xbox games

dunno what she was complaining about

I know loads of people who think knowing of loads of people gives them definitive insight ... I also know why they are wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

RubyRoss wrote: »
    I know loads of people who think knowing of loads of people gives them definitive insight ... I also know why they are wrong

I know loads of people who would like to know why they are wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'd give them my vote for a go of her. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    I don't think we need be too worried about that, half of Enda's own party tried to give him the heave not so long ago.

that's exactly what i mean. so if enda was at a cabinet meeting one day and said, 'you know what lads, i think we should build a national stadium,' he'd be told to shut the fck up before anyone else hears about it.
    but with de bert, it wasted loads going to an architectural firm to design and all that jazz that goes with it. and the prick still laments not getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

We also have some of the highest living expenses in the world - for example, electric and gas are nearly 35% higher than in England. 230 won't go too far in Ireland.

Which pensioners get free (well electricity anyway). They have no transport costs and generally no mortgages or medical bills. €230 for food and heating and clothes per week is very reasonable. That auld biddy deserved Martins disdain, considering the pensioners were spared all the cuts. Fcuk her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

i know loads of people on the dole who live on less than 230 a week, and they still have plenty of money to go drinking, smoke cigarettes and buy xbox games

dunno what she was complaining about

Oul biddies love to complain. She's most likely got nothing else in her life, probably nagged her husband to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Which pensioners get free (well electricity anyway).

No, they get an allowance beyond which they pay for.
    They have no transport costs

They tax, insure, service, NCT and fuel vehicles, a fair amount of which returns to the exchequer.

Free travel is pretty meaningless in much of Ireland, as there's simply no service.
    That auld biddy deserved Martins disdain, considering the pensioners were spared all the cuts. Fcuk her.

Nice.

Which pensioners get free (well electricity anyway). They have no transport costs and generally no mortgages or medical bills. €230 for food and heating and clothes per week is very reasonable. That auld biddy deserved Martins disdain, considering the pensioners were spared all the cuts. Fcuk her.

Well, if they have so much cash, why are there between 1000 -2000 Elderly people dying every year from poverty- especially from not being able to keep themselves warm? That makes no sense!
    (Quickest link I could find but I remember it being in more detail on the cardi website)
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0208/1224289258105.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

Shes definitely a relation of enda anyway, they've the same pigeon face going on.

No, they get an allowance beyond which they pay for.

They tax, insure, service, NCT and fuel vehicles, a fair amount of which returns to the exchequer.

Free travel is pretty meaningless in much of Ireland, as there's simply no service.

Nice.

The free electricity allowance is generous. The average pensioner should not go much over the allowance if they go over at all.

Believe it or not the majority of people in the country live in an area served by public transport or are within walking distance to basic services. If OAPs have chosen to live in the back end of nowhere and need to fuel a car well thats their fault for not being foresighted enough.

During the ergonomic collapse the OAPs have had the easiest ride of all. They have suffered none of the cuts the rest of us have had to experience and in fact enjoy a higher standard of living than before due to deflation. I find it pretty galling that anyone in that situation can complain - and it doesn't matter what age they are. In that context I say fuck her. People have in their head of the image of pensioner in the tumble down shack with only a candle to keep him warm. While pensioners on the state pension aren't rich, they're not poor either.

If I was in charge The first thing I'd do would be to bring the pension into line with the dole. We had a cowardly government that didn't share the burden of the collapse fairly putting all the cost on they young - paying for the sins of the old.

The free electricity allowance is generous. The average pensioner should not go much over the allowance if they go over at all.

Believe it or not the majority of people in the country live in an area served by public transport or are within walking distance to basic services. If OAPs have chosen to live in the back end of nowhere and need to fuel a car well thats their fault for not being foresighted enough.

First off Elderly people need to keep warm and feel the effects of the cold far more than younger people do- they need to keep the house warm- an extra jumper isn't going to cut it.

Second- I live in an estate about five minutes drive from Limerick city - where I live there is no bus service (FF got rid of it for us!) and the way it's mapped out the nearest supermarket is a good 15 min walk for me (an able bodied 32 year old) and at least a 30 -35 min walk for an elderly person. I am kind enough to drive my two elderly neighbours to Dunnes when I can but not everyone has the advantages of a kind neighbour!

Elderly people can't get a job like us if things get tough - they have to live on what they get!

BTW You ignored the evidence I gave that your impression of how rich elderly people are is totally wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I like her fringe, I want mine like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Blue is the colour of change? When did NASA make this stunning announcement?

Well on a pregnancy test, if it goes blue, expect something new! So that is a form of change....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

In Dublin maybe, certainly not out in the countryside anyway.
    During the ergonomic collapse
    The ergonomic collapse? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

So my Dad who was born in 1939 in the countryside and bought his current house 35 years later in the same area, is to be blamed for not having the foresight that the area he was living in would not have great public transport in 2011? Eh...that is possibly the the biggest load of nonsense I've read on here.

Also, how many places in Ireland have you actually tried to get public transport in?

I'm annoyed by the constant whinge-threads on here, but your post is equally as ridiculous.

• Advertisement

First off Elderly people need to keep warm and feel the effects of the cold far more than younger people do- they need to keep the house warm- an extra jumper isn't going to cut it.

Second- I live in an estate about five minutes drive from Limerick city - where I live there is no bus service (FF got rid of it for us!) and the way it's mapped out the nearest supermarket is a good 15 min walk for me (an able bodied 32 year old) and at least a 30 -35 min walk for an elderly person. I am kind enough to drive my two elderly neighbours to Dunnes when I can but not everyone has the advantages of a kind neighbour!

Elderly people can't get a job like us if things get tough - they have to live on what they get!

BTW You ignored the evidence I gave that your impression of how rich elderly people are is totally wrong.

No one should be suffering from fuel poverty. If they are its because they live in a draughty house for which there are grants in order to get the problems fixed or more likely they're not spending all the money they get in pension.

A bag of coal costs about €15, turf costs less. Fuel poverty is down to an unwillingness to spend and plan adequately. People suffering from fuel poverty, yet have significant savings in the post office, I'm sorry I cannot feel sorry for that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

If I was in charge The first thing I'd do would be to bring the pension into line with the dole. We had a cowardly government that didn't share the burden of the collapse fairly putting all the cost on they young - paying for the sins of the old.

The fact you believe there's been an 'ergonomic collapse' would demonstrate to me that you would be well capable of matching the contribution of our two most recent Taoisigh.

You seem to be projecting your anger and/or frustration at OAP's, might it be that you've chosen to live in a city, have experienced a reduction in income, an increase in direct and indirect taxation and will soon endure an interest rise on your monthly repayments imposed by Frankfurt.

Applying similar logic, that's your fault for not being foresighted enough.

So my Dad who was born in 1939 in the countryside and bought his current house 35 years later in the same area, is to be blamed for not having the foresight that the area he was living in would not have great public transport in 2011? Eh...that is possibly the the biggest load of nonsense I've read on here.

Also, how many places in Ireland have you actually tried to get public transport in?

I'm annoyed by the constant whinge-threads on here, but your post is equally as ridiculous.

Yes he is. Did he think that public transport would simply magically arrive when he became an OAP? Therefore he chose to remain living in his house despite this. There was nothing stopping him moving to a small house in a town.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

I know loads of people who would like to know why they are wrong...

For their use of ancedotal evidence.

No one should be suffering from fuel poverty. If they are its because they live in a draughty house for which there are grants in order to get the problems fixed or more likely they're not spending all the money they get in pension.

A bag of coal costs about €15, turf costs less. Fuel poverty is down to an unwillingness to spend and plan adequately. People suffering from fuel poverty, yet have significant savings in the post office, I'm sorry I cannot feel sorry for that situation.

So what you are saying is, I'll try to stop laughing while I type here, that elderly people are dying of....meanness??:confused:
    That is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 bardcel

I'm not interested in your BS. Wake up and smell the coffee. Nation of sheep. Playing the victim. We are being screwed. Hello people. Is their anyone out there?

Well on a pregnancy test, if it goes blue, expect something new! So that is a form of change....

:D Brilliant!

The fact you believe there's been an 'ergonomic collapse' would demonstrate to me that you would be well capable of matching the contribution of our two most recent Taoisigh.

Nice, play the man, not the ball. See if you can hold some more typos against me :rolleyes:

You seem to be projecting your anger and/or frustration at OAP's, might it be that you've chosen to live in a city, have experienced a reduction in income, an increase in direct and indirect taxation and will soon endure an interest rise on your monthly repayments imposed by Frankfurt.

Applying similar logic, that's your fault for not being foresighted enough.

I'm young enough to have no commitments financially thankfully and I'm from a rural area. I have taken a reduction in income but I'm quite philosophical about it, to be honest I don't mind doing my bit for my country. Any more misplaced projections you want to put on me??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Well at least she's cute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Two points..
    One, I'm rather drunk so I find that hilarious.
    And two, with regards to 'fine gael girl' " I'd bang that".

Advertisement