Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash X Counter 2 - Belfast 16/4

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

Going to try to sort out money and if I can I'll be up. One thing I wanted to check was xbox/ps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

SSF4, MvC3 - Xbox
    BBCS - PS

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey guys- I just realised I only have one VGA converter. If you're planning for me to project the fights I'll need the players to play on a component capable TV.

I think that's fine but just letting you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Money issues mean I won't be able to attend this but I'm aiming to hit up the next Inferno aswell as q-con the month afterwards. Good luck to everyone who's attending :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

Hey guys- I just realised I only have one VGA converter. If you're planning for me to project the fights I'll need the players to play on a component capable TV.

I think that's fine but just letting you know.

Yeah man, I'm pretty sure the TV in that corner from last time is pretty much compatible with most inputs.

Also Yreval is correct, MvC3 and SSF4 will be run on 360, BBCS on PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Can't wait to see what the internet thinks of THE MOST PRO MARVEL TOURNAMENT EVER. :pac:

Or rather what people make of getting wrecked for taunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    Or rather what people make of getting wrecked for taunting.
    I have a thing for characters whos taunt lasts longer than zangiefs walk from one end of the screen to the other.
    Fair play to Dwyer? was that it? whoever he was he sure knew his phoenix combos.
    Makes me actually want to learn magneto or something :pac:

EDIT: Can't wait to hear the commentary on how **** i am

GGs today to everyone, I felt I played well at SF and Marvel had so many funny moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Cobelcog spamming footdives was just pure gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs everyone, a few organisational slipups imo (SSF4 bracket was screwed up, and I didn't get to play through the Marvel bracket unfortunately - think that one was partly due to all the commentary and recording stuff etc. though).

IMO you guys shouldn't be running tiny groups that have the strong possibility of drawing over and over again, especially when there are less than 16 people in the tournament in the first place - a top 16 bracket with byes would've taken far less time to run and meant all the tournaments would be done a lot quicker.

Anyway was a fun event, always good to go up to Belfast and play with you guys.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    GGs everyone, a few organisational slipups imo (SSF4 bracket was screwed up, and I didn't get to play through the Marvel bracket unfortunately - think that one was partly due to all the commentary and recording stuff etc. though).

IMO you guys shouldn't be running tiny groups that have the strong possibility of drawing over and over again, especially when there are less than 16 people in the tournament in the first place - a top 16 bracket with byes would've taken far less time to run and meant all the tournaments would be done a lot quicker.

Anyway was a fun event, always good to go up to Belfast and play with you guys.

You have a few good points there, but I have to say in my defence I checked the SSF4 brackets a few times and I did mess up the order of where the losers of the winner's semis get placed but otherwise (despite some complaints) the initial bracket was properly laid out. I take the blame there for the semi-final placements. but at least it was easily rectifiable.

As for the groups, I'll definitely take that on board for next time, playoffs are a pain in the arse for everyone involved and eats time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

GGs to anyone I played. Was good craic ;]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    As for the groups, I'll definitely take that on board for next time, playoffs are a pain in the arse for everyone involved and eats time.

Here's how my MvC3 group went; Doom beat me, Scavenger XIII beats Doom, I beat Scavenger XIII. We repeat the group, and the same result occurs. Then we decide to do a random draw, the winner of which goes through automatically. The other two play each other to advance. Doom wins the draw, so I play Scavenger XIII for the other place. Having beaten him twice before today, of course I lose to him in the deciding match.

That said, GGs everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I've been waiting so long for this match. It's everything I thought it would be. Happy days.

Why Voa so salty?

Orim wrote: »
    I've been waiting so long for this match. It's everything I thought it would be. Happy days.

Why Voa so salty?

"Top 8 in Europe" covers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    BB went that way due to only having 8 sign-ups. We've had other people claiming that running a group of 16 players into a 16 person double elimination is a better format because the groups are used entirely for seeding. Others claiming that single elimination the whole way through would be better than the "extra life" rule used in the finals.

No matter what format is used, someone is going to wish it was run another way. We'll definitely be looking into some way to get past constant 3-way ties in the group stages, though.

Part of the reason for running groups, though, is so that people at least get a few matches for their money even if they get knocked out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Vyze wrote: »
    BB went that way due to only having 8 sign-ups. We've had other people claiming that running a group of 16 players into a 16 person double elimination is a better format because the groups are used entirely for seeding. Others claiming that single elimination the whole way through would be better than the "extra life" rule used in the finals.

No matter what format is used, someone is going to wish it was run another way. We'll definitely be looking into some way to get past constant 3-way ties in the group stages, though.

Part of the reason for running groups, though, is so that people at least get a few matches for their money even if they get knocked out early.

There's plenty of data available from tournaments all over Ireland for seeding - I get the giving people people their money's worth thing though, I've run groups in tournaments before for that reason. IMO though it's better to run larger groups than a larger number of smaller groups in that case.

Just to reiterate, it's not that big a gripe, and again I enjoyed the event a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Wanted to thank all involved in yesterdays sodium flavoured hype-fest. GGS to Blag, Dreddy, Yreval and Bourke.

Cog - congrats. A victory well earned. Down to losers like a mere mortal but machined it back to the top.

Commentary was hilarious at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

A lot of fun yesterday, thanks to everyone involved in the running of the event, although I don't agree with the format of the finals it didn't take anything away from a very fun tournament.

BG's to Cammy, I hate you.:pac:

GGs everyone I played, especially DooM, a change in approach to the match up was great to see, really felt like it could have gone either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

GGs all. Was a fun day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

Does anyone know how many entered each tournament?

Dwydwy wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many entered each tournament?

Yeah guys, info'd be nice :) The top 8 of the tournies as well would be good pls.

Yeah guys, info'd be nice :) The top 8 of the tournies as well would be good pls.

Wanted to wait until Tuesday, when I can get the money for getting the prizes but sure. Here's the results.

Super Street Fighter 4 (18 entrants)

1st: Cobelcog - £55 voucher
    2nd: Blag - £25 voucher
    3rd: Doom - £10 voucher
    4th: The Truth
    5th: Dreddy
    5th: Mal Eastwood
    7th: Ian McTetly
    7th: Gram

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (8 entrants)

1st: SaDX - £25 voucher
    2nd: Chuey - £10 voucher
    3rd: QMTwo - £5 voucher
    4rd: Voa
    5th: Inferis
    5th: Tsukiko
    7th: Scavenger XIII
    7th: Yreval

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (13 entrants)

1st: Dwy - £40 voucher
    2nd: SaDX - £20 voucher
    3rd: Doom - £5 voucher
    4th: Speedboat
    5th: Voa
    5th: Dreddycog mk.II
    7th: Scavenger XIII
    7th: Cloudpaul

Overall

Cobelcog: £55
    SaDX: £45
    Dwy: £40
    Blag: £25
    Doom: £15
    Chuey: £10
    QMTwo: £5

Vids are about 3/4 done. I'm work today but expect the rest tonight.

The grand final of marvel is 25 minutes long. But it's really, really worth watching if you have the slightest interest MvC. Seriously, major hype (which is fitting for an event so sodiom laden and fun).

Even if you don't want to give 25 minutes up, make sure you watch the last 10 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I think the names are in the wrong order on the MvC3 vid.

Advertisement