Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash X Counter 2 - Belfast 16/4

Options
  • 17-02-2011 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Clash X Counter is back!

On the 16th April Clash X Counter will return for its second outing, hopefully we can build upon the success of last time and make this one bigger and better!

This CxC will be host to Super Street fighter 4, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2 and Marvel vs Capcom 3. As well as the main tournaments people are welcome and encouraged to run their own side tournaments, although we must stress for now that these have to remain strictly free.

aszzO.png

Facebook
    Google Maps

The timetable for CxC2 is as follows:-

Doors open: 12 noon
    Super Street Fighter IV: 1pm
    Marvel vs Capcom 3: 3pm
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2: 5pm
    Close: 8pm

Rules

FORMAT

All tournaments will be decided by round-robin groups into double elimination brackets. Bracket sizes will be determined by the number of entrants, dividing into either top 8 or top 16. depending on the number of groups, the players placed in the top 2 of their group will qualify for the elimination stages.

Seeding will be determined through previous CxC results, player knowledge and local tournament results. If applicable, they will also be calculated using regional separation, though this cannot be guaranteed.

All matches will be decided best out of 3 games. For the grand final of each game, the player entering from the winner's bracket must win 2 full matches (best of 3) to win, while the player entering from the loser's bracket must win 3 full matches to win.

Button Binding is permitted, Macros and Turbos are banned. Anyone caught using them will be instantly disqualified from the tournament.

TOURNAMENT RULES

Super Street Fighter 4:-
    Time Limit: 99 secs
    Rounds: Best of 3
    Character Selection: Open

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2:-
    No Unlimited Characters

Marvel vs Capcom 3:-

Prizes

The tournament fee for each game will be pooled together and divided toward prize vouchers for each game. The vouchers will be purchased to the value of 60% / 30% / 10% for 1st/2nd/3rd places respectively. Where possible these vouchers will be for a store of the person's choosing (Please note: Prize support is currently TBC)

Setups

For active tournament games, there will be a minimum of 2 setups per game. At all other times there will be at least 1 setup of every tournament game. Any unused/casual setup can be used for any of the Fighting games available. We have a wide selection of games and if there are any you wish to play feel free to ask a member of staff to switch a game out for you. If you wish to bring your own game(s) you are welcome to, but we cannot take responsibility if any items go missing, so please keep a close eye on any games brought. We are here to help and will try our best to accommodate any requests.

Staff Entering Tournaments

Staff members are permitted to enter tournaments under the condition they are not allowed to participate in the seeding or arrangement of groups/brackets. This is to ensure equality and that the member does not place themselves in a favourable group. Staff are allowed to assist in the administration of brackets once they are eliminated from that game and can assist in the administration of groups once their group results have been confirmed. Staff members are still required to pay entry fee for any game they enter

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I should be able to come to this and be able to provide the whole recording set up.

However, not a chance of me hanging round til 8, I will prob pack up after MvC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

I should be able to come to this and be able to provide the whole recording set up.

However, not a chance of me hanging round til 8, I will prob pack up after MvC3.

That's fair enough man, understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I'll be down with my broken valke-wait...

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2

Well! this will be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sounds dope, will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Wow, CS2 huh? I'll try check it out.

Dead Spike combos here I come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hopefully I'll make it up for this, though it'd be on a similar time limit to DooM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sweet, will be there for sure. You guys aiming for bi-annual then?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Don't forget guys that this is assuming that CS2 doesn't get delayed from the end-of-March release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Vyze wrote: »
    assuming that CS2 doesn't get delayed

Hurhurhur. :pac:

Don't forget guys that this is assuming that CS2 doesn't get delayed from the end-of-March release date.

SO, CS2 for Clash X counter next year then lads?

• Advertisement

Oh, yeah we'll be downloading from the US store obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

Nice, can't wait to show off my Nina :D

EDIT: Silly fool that I am, I assumed there'd be Tekken. D:

Dwydwy wrote: »

Since it had very few players last time around it's the game that needed to be dropped from the tournament lineup to make room for something else, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Dwydwy wrote: »

TEK 6 TOURNY THIS SAT @XGC

**** CAPS LOCK.... WRY?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Hoping to be there for some MVC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Sounds good. I think I'll try make it to this.

Perhaps I'm being an idiot here but is there a lack of an edit button or am I just missing it? Want to update the OP.

EDIT: Well, I can edit this post but not any other posts. :/

I think after a day or something the edit button disappears from a post.

Just PM me with what you want the OP changed to (including any formatting if necessary) and I can still change it.

Just PM me with what you want the OP changed to (including any formatting if necessary) and I can still change it.

Cheers man, I'll PM the exact post so you can just copy-paste it.

• Advertisement

Less then a week to go peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Doubtful I'll be able to make it to this with my current monetary situations, but hopefully I can swing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can't make this now. Will have to sit in and wait for the internet to come to me.

You guys need the full recording dealio? Commentary?

Just being staff this year instead of being the head of the thing, but I still expect to see a bunch of ya come up for it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Got word I won't be able to get the day off work :(

CxC3 with AH3 plax :3

Xinkai wrote: »
    CxC3 with AH3 plax :3
    The sign-up sheet will just be us borrowing the sex offenders register for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The sign-up sheet will just be us borrowing the sex offenders register for the day.
    But some of the "lolis" are actually mature wimmin with giant funbags ...

You guys need the full recording dealio? Commentary?

Recording equipment and possibly commentary would be great but only bring what you feel you can bring. If you want to get a taxi from the station to Queen's SU to save you carrying it all we'll reimburse you for it.

• Advertisement

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    Recording equipment and possibly commentary would be great but only bring what you feel you can bring. If you want to get a taxi from the station to Queen's SU to save you carrying it all we'll reimburse you for it.

That's mighty kind of you. Bringing the whole kit and kaboodle is not a problem.

One thing I'd point out is that promotion wise, videos with commentary get a million times more interest than those without. It's pretty glaring when looking at the stats.

Advertisement