Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT rager very angry face >:(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The only exception would be if the OP exceeded the time limit for the visual retest, and had to pay for a full test again.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭taintabird

mickdw wrote: »
    If its only a crack, some tape could be used to pass the test- Ive seen it used. Its no big deal.

Exactly tape will be fine just cover the crack seen it done even with broken front fog lights once it covers any sharp edges or cracks its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Peavy wrote: »
    There is no sharp edges on the bumper its just a crack ! the rust i understand but i mean the problem was he was looking for problems my car stayed there for the exact 30 mins of the test i mean they managed to check 4 while they were checking mine and i was the last to leave the place . I dont aproove with the results i know i can complain about it. But that is still a roadworthy car since everything else was perfect and new in it. I still think it shoudve passed and i got an unfair test ;/. Im off again wasting my money on the car i wanna sell.

1st point, thats his job.

2nd point how old is the car? its certainly not new. And are you a mechanic? if your not you have no Idea if your car is roadworthy or not. Obviously its not. Its failed.

Yes the NCT is a waste of space, just get it fixed and put it through again before you have to pay e50 again. Its something we all have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭taintabird

Peavy wrote: »
    does it mean i can put my older tires even tho the front ones are less than 1.6mm depth ?

If the tread depth is below 1.6 mm they are illegal they are below the minim required tread depth and therefore shouldn't be used, its a safety issue and not only your safety but every other road user or pedestrian you could potentially injure as a result of loosing control because of excessively worn tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Stiffs

pics...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 redhot

If it's the same tester I've experienced you're lucky that's all!

I bet its the same guy that I've had for my last 2 tests at Ennis NCT, he not only does things by the book, but appears to interpret them unreasonably (more than safety- but if he just doesn't like things, he'll make sure you fail the test). I'm wondering if he got rejected by the Garda and is taking it out on everyone else!...or maybe just a control freak operating in his little NCT station world.

I've heard this from a few people, and several are now selecting the Limerick NCT testing station instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Got my car tested in Ennis this morning sailed through the test as he handed me back the keys he did ask why there was a Teddy bear hanging off the inside of the sunroof (it amuses the baby) he was smiling away as he called me up he told me "don't look so worried you've a great car it passed"
    Happy out now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

redhot wrote: »
    I bet its the same guy that I've had for my last 2 tests at Ennis NCT, he not only does things by the book, but appears to interpret them unreasonably (more than safety- but if he just doesn't like things, he'll make sure you fail the test). I'm wondering if he got rejected by the Garda and is taking it out on everyone else!...or maybe just a control freak operating in his little NCT station world.

I've heard this from a few people, and several are now selecting the Limerick NCT testing station instead.

Please don't bump old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement