Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Start Ante-Post

Options
  • 15-02-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

(* denotes bets not logged)

Horse| Race__ | Stake___ | Price___ | Bookie & Terms| Date
    Pandorama| Gold Cup | 2 ew| @ 33/1| VC (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)| [27/10/10]
    Pandorama | Gold Cup | 1 ew| @ 50/1| VC (1/4 Odds, 3 Places) | [29/11/10]
    Pandorama| Gold Cup | 5 ew| @ 50/1| Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB) | [27/11/10]
    Kempes| Gold Cup| 1 ew | @ 50/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)|
    *Pride Of Dulcote| Gold Cup | 5 ew | @ 25/1| PP (1/4 Odds, 3 Places) |[13/1/11]
    *Pride Of Dulcote| Gold Cup | 1 Win | @ 25/1 |Lads (NRNB) |[13/1/11]
    *Burton Port | Gold Cup | .5 Win | @ 25/1 |ToteSport| [23/10/10]
    ||||

Kempes| Ryanair | 1 ew | @ 50/1 |Victor Chandler (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)| [14/1/11]
    Albertas Run| Ryanair | 4 ew | @ 16/1 |Stan James (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)| [21/1/11]
    ||||
    Somersby| QM Champ Chase | 4 ew | @ 20/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)|[30/11/10]
    Somersby| QM Champ Chase | 2 ew | @ 25/1| Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)|[9/1/11]
    Master Minded| QM Champ Chase | 2 Win | @ 7/4 |Lads (NRNB)|[9/1/11]
    ||||
    Khyber Kim | Champion Hurdle| 3 ew | @ 25/1 |StanJames (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)| [14/2/11]
    ||||
    Sparky May | Mares Hurdle| 1 ew | @ 14/1 |PP (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)| [22/1/11]
    ||||
    Solwhit | World Hurdle| 1 ew | @ 12/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)| [20/1/11]
    ||||
    Sarde | GN Trial| 3 ew | @ 33/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)| [12/2/11]
    ||||
    Bravo Echo | Lincoln| 1 ew | @ 33/1 |Lads (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)| [14/2/11]
    ||||
    Killyglen | Grand National| 3 ew | @ 66/1 |Stan James (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)| [15/2/11]
    The Midnight Club | Grand National| 2 ew | @ 20/1 |Bet365 (1/4 Odds, 5 Places)| [15/2/11]
    ||||
    *Recital| Derby | 1 Win| @ 25/1| Lads|[28/10/10]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Grand National

Aintree 9 April 2011

Killyglen 3pts ew @ 66/1 Stan James (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)

Killyglen is not the most reliable horse in training and he has pulled up plenty of times in his career. There is no getting away from the fact that he has a touch of class though and that is whats needed to win a conventional Grand National. He jumps well and stays. His trainer is hoping for a good display before deciding where to go with him. He's had 10 chase starts and PU in 4 of them which isn't great but of the ones hes finished, hes been out of the first 2 twice and once was against Kauto Star on ground much too soft for him. Should he turn up, 66/1 will be much too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

wat price is nephone collagnes for the gold cup???

He's around 33/1. Doubt he'll be going. Nichols said he would probably send him to Punchestown and he might want to keep him fresh for that.

Killyglen gets 10-10 in the National. :)

Grand National

Aintree 9 April 2011

The Midnight Club 2pts ew @ 20/1 Bet365 (1/4 Odds, 5 Places)

Lincoln weights out today. Bravo Echo gets 8-6 and needs around 25 to drop out if hes to get a run.

• Advertisement

Champion Hurdle

Silviniaco Conti 1pt ew @ 33/1 (1/4 Odds, 3 Places) Bet365

No better way to start a thread than in the red

Bank: -6

Nulty wrote: »
    Champion Hurdle

Silviniaco Conti 1pt ew @ 33/1 (1/4 Odds, 3 Places) Bet365

Bet365 are NRNB

Pressing up on Solwhit after he was confirmed for the World Hurdle

World Hurdle

Solwhit 1pt ew @ 20/1 ToteSport (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

It would never have counted towards the threads but Pride of Dulcote obviously cost me a good few quid. That was a 100% trading bet. I only managed to trade out of 2pts win so still well out of pocket. No other bets are trading. They ride as usual.

• Advertisement

Lincoln Handicap

Brick Red 4pts @ 16/1 StanJames

Grimthorpe Chase

Doncaster (Saturday)

Killyglen 3pts ew @ 14/1 Bet365 (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)

RSA Chase

Wayward Prince 2pts ew @ 12/1 StanJames (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)

Albertas Run is being targeted at the Gold Cup.

I don't believe it :eek:

World Hurdle

Solwhit 4pt ew @ 16/1 ToteSport (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

He will get 3m and he is relaxed enough that he will settle. 6 times Grade 1 winner and I can't see him out of the frame. Massive price. Should have done it at 20s.

(Must stay away from Oddschecker!)

Ryanair Chase

Albertas Run 4 pts ew @ 10/1 Bet365 (1/4 Odds, 3 Places, NRNB)

I harbour doubts, however slight, that Albertas stil might turn up in the Ryanair and I've taken the NRNB concession at Bet365 which I always planned to. He is made for the race and showed that last year. His Cheltenham record is fantastic including the festival. Jonjo is coming out of the doldrums with 3 winners recently after a horrible run of things in January and February. As a past winner of the race he looks over priced even at 10/1 and now that I can get the stake back on him I'm steaming in again for what was my best bet of the festival last year and is again this year should he take up his destined engagement in the Ryanair. Kalahari King, Poquelin and Riverside Theatre will give him the most to do and its actually Riverside Theatre that I rate as the biggest danger but he's short enough now. Kalahari King will need to prove his stamina because its not easy for a 2m horse stepping up in the Ryanair, stamina is hugely important and Riverside Theatre has proven his in the King George.

My forecast would be:

1. Albertas Run
    2. Riverside Theatre
    3. Poquelin

Killyglen ran a decent race. Made a fairly strong pace being taken on by 3 or 4 throughout the race with top weight and maybe wasn't fully fit. He hasn't run in 2 1/2 months. I think Crawford will be happy enough with that though. Should go on to Aintree now. 16lbs less to carry around the GN and hopefully he won't be going so fast. He'll need a jockey to present him to every fence though. He looks like one that loses concentration. He'd want to come on for this.

These are all excuses, he is still a big longshot for the National.

Bank: -12

Fred Winter Juvenile Hurdle

Tenor Nivernais 1pt @ 33/1 VC

Martin Pipe Conditiionals

Tenor Nivernais 1pt ew @ 33/1 PP (1/4 Odds, 4 Places, NRNB)

Form of his last race has been franked no end with Via Galilei hosing up at Doncaster on his revised mark. Tenor Nivernais was bumped u the same amount as Via Galilei (6lbs) and Venetia Williams juvi has only had 4 starts and shown hhe is imprving with each one. Totally unexposed and willget in at the bottm of the weihts what ever rce he does for. He's entered in bot but which ever they decide on, he's obviously too big at 33/1. ew on the NRNB an single win on the AP terms. rend poin to a mid 120s rated horse and enor Nivenais could be thrown in for all we know about him.

Edit:

Russian Song, who finished well behind TN in his British debut won a novices hurdle today at Newbury. Ironically that was the race after Via Galilei hacked up.

World Hurdle

Solwhit 4pt ew @ 16/1 ToteSport (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

He will get 3m and he is relaxed enough that he will settle. 6 times Grade 1 winner and I can't see him out of the frame. Massive price. Should have done it at 20s.

(Must stay away from Oddschecker!)

I am.....an idiot. :rolleyes:

Tenor Nivernais 1pt @ 33/1 VC

Martin Pipe Conditiionals

Tenor Nivernais 1pt ew @ 33/1 PP (1/4 Odds, 4 Places, NRNB)

Form of his last race has been franked no end with Via Galilei hosing up at Doncaster on his revised mark. Tenor Nivernais was bumped u the same amount as Via Galilei (6lbs) and Venetia Williams juvi has only had 4 starts and shown hhe is imprving with each one. Totally unexposed and willget in at the bottm of the weihts what ever rce he does for. He's entered in bot but which ever they decide on, he's obviously too big at 33/1. ew on the NRNB an single win on the AP terms. rend poin to a mid 120s rated horse and enor Nivenais could be thrown in for all we know about him.

Edit:

Russian Song, who finished well behind TN in his British debut won a novices hurdle today at Newbury. Ironically that was the race after Via Galilei hacked up.

Tenor Nivernais 2pts ew @ 25/1 Bet365 (1/4 Odds, 4 Places)

He'll need 2 more to come out between now and Sunday/Monday I think. Fair chance of that happening.

• Advertisement

After Solwhits defection....

Bank: -22

Tenor Nivernais into 14s best price.

33s and 25s looking very nice now.

Brick Red withdrawn(!?) from the Lincoln

Bank: -26

Tenor Nivernais into 7s in the Fred Winter.

Via Galilei was at least 25lbs well in when beating him by 1.5l

:cool:

Brick Red withdrawn(!?) from the Lincoln

Bank: -26

I really should call it something other than bank....

Loss: 26pts

Khyber Kims was a blow out. Think thats him done at the top of the game.

Sparky May may never get to Quevegas level but ran a good race. Looking forward to seeing her run again.

Loss: 28.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Must have been a good run by Sparky May,she went to 20 on BF after about 10 seconds into the race.

Wayward Prince would have been a nice winner for the log but McCoy got him up for a place +2

Somersby needed it softer and hopped one and hit another, probably because he was going too fast out of his comfort zone. -12

Master Minded landed on top of one fence when not going nearly well enough to beat the winner. -2

Loss: 38pts

Wayward Prince would have been a nice winner for the log but McCoy got him up for a place +2

Somersby needed it softer and hopped one and hit another, probably because he was going too fast out of his comfort zone. -12

Master Minded landed on top of one fence when not going nearly well enough to beat the winner. -2

Loss: 38pts

Tenor Nivernais to come in the Fred Winter, really need this one to stop the rot.

• Advertisement

Ground cost me dear today. Hopefully Albertas Run goes for the Ryanair tomorrow. Need that to save this thread.

Chuck a load of water on the track on Thursday night and Pandorama might stand a chance of even turning up.

Loss: 43pts

Advertisement