Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

gubbie wrote: »
    Out of interest, what makes you think that is the case? Just the speed and location of getting them up?

That was the initial trigger, but to be fair, he does have some built sets for sale now too, and that makes it less likely - he could just be a hoarder like the rest of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Was down at the shop after work yesterday and there was a guy with a overloaded trolley full of loads of sets and big sets too like the batcave. My boyfriend who is a big lego builder was asking him bout some of the sets and he told us 'he had no interest in them and was just going to sell them''.

Very very annoying as there was sets he had we were dying to get and build.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Spocker wrote: »
    That was the initial trigger, but to be fair, he does have some built sets for sale now too, and that makes it less likely - he could just be a hoarder like the rest of us :D

Lol , true , I hear that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

20% off superhero sets in Smyths and there's a €20 off when you spend over €100 as well. Can get €72 off that classic batman cave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    20% off superhero sets in Smyths and there's a €20 off when you spend over €100 as well. Can get €72 off that classic batman cave.

Is the €100 spend counted on the Marked price or the price after the discount?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is the €100 spend counted on the Marked price or the price after the discount?

I'd assume on the marked price. Just looking into it and I don't think you can use the offers together.
    Worth a shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

Got this for €3 in Tesco yesterday :)
    42020?$main$
    http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Twin-rotor-Helicopter-42020
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Technic-42020-Twin-Rotor-Helicopter/dp/B00F3B4548/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472826111&sr=8-1&keywords=42020+lego

They had good few bits discounted on the shelf stickers but no stock. Obi-Wan Kenobi 75109 figure at €13 I would have liked. Might be still worth having a root around your local tesco and price checking some of the sets without shelf sticker prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Which Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

Sleepy wrote: »
    Which Tesco?

Tullamore It's a Tesco Extra so would carry more than most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'd assume on the marked price. Just looking into it and I don't think you can use the offers together.
    Worth a shot though.

I think you can. I put the Ninjago Raider and Wu's Dragon in my basket and was able to use the sep20 discount to get the price down from €107.98 to €87.98. Full retail price is €134.98.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=75147&authToken=

Less than half price on 75147 Star Scavenger. Not a fan of the set myself but that's a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Tried to order one for my nephew. Tells me it can be ordered for collection between September 8th and 10th. When I enter my email and phone number and hit reserve it tells me it's out of stock :(
    Also got an empty reservation mail.

Seems to be gone everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A specific place but Toymaster in Bandon are closing down and have 25% off Lego. Might be use to some of you.

The redesigned Lego online store has €10 of any purchase over €40 or more with the code IE10.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Rael wrote: »
    The redesigned Lego online store has €10 of any purchase over €40 or more with the code IE10.

You have to spend €65 instead of the usual €55 to get the free delivery though since the €10 off counts against your order total. This is according to some people on Brickset.com and I checked myself, it looks that way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Great to get a tenner off and everything, but not really seeing anything especially different about the new site. Minor redesign and a new banner across the top as far as I can see. It did the job before though so no real need to change much, all they need to do is show us pictures of Lego and the price, there really isn't that much you need to tart up about an online shop. Unless of course you are justifying your job as the sites webmaster to your bosses and needed something to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How long does the €10 off last for, never see any money off the pet store or dective office, might be time to splash out and use some VIP points with it.

Amazon uk is cheap at the moment a lot of stuff 20% off, still works out cheaper than getting the free delivey.

How long does the €10 off last for, never see any money off the pet store or dective office, might be time to splash out and use some VIP points with it.

Amazon uk is cheap at the moment a lot of stuff 20% off, still works out cheaper than getting the free delivey.

I think it's until 20 September.

I was able to get the Lego Ideas Maze as a Christmas present for €54.99 with free shipping using €10 in VIP Points and the IE10 code (I think the code has to be applied first to get it to work) . I also got a free Ninjago mini kit as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Star Wars: The Force Awakens LEGO TIE Fighter 75101 - 65 in Argos[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4342173.htm[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Pique wrote: »
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Star Wars: The Force Awakens LEGO TIE Fighter 75101 - 65 in Argos[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4342173.htm[/font]

Heads up, this is not a good deal - https://www.lughq.com/set-75101/

I'd highly recommend www.lughq.com to everyone to compare Lego prices across multiple stores in Ireland and the Lego shop @ home price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'd highly recommend www.lughq.com to everyone to compare Lego prices across multiple stores in Ireland and the Lego shop @ home price.
    What am I missing - according to what I can see on that site that's the cheapest the set has ever been?

Great set, too. Santa brought it to our house last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Dades wrote: »
    What am I missing - according to what I can see on that site that's the cheapest the set has ever been?

Great set, too. Santa brought it to our house last year.

The lowest it's ever been was €50. Why I was saying it's not a good deal is because Argos raise the price higher than RRP and then reduce it so it looks like a great saving when in reality it's usually on par with prices in other stores. It is of course €5 cheaper in this instance and yes, it's a great set, I have two myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Pique wrote: »

Handy site, thanks.

I just noticed that set on the argos scanner and thought it looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Bargain query. I have a fair bit of Lego to get pre Christmas. Some of which I will only be able to get on Lego.com other smyths. Is it better to grab the smyths stuff in the 20% sale this weekend and the rest online or wait and see if they do double points or free gift on Lego.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

polydactyl wrote: »
    Bargain query. I have a fair bit of Lego to get pre Christmas. Some of which I will only be able to get on Lego.com other smyths. Is it better to grab the smyths stuff in the 20% sale this weekend and the rest online or wait and see if they do double points or free gift on Lego.com?
    It's a bit like asking how long a piece of string is.
    To my mind it's a case of "a bird in the hand.....etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

polydactyl wrote: »

Is that sale starting tomorrow or saturday? My daughters birthday is on sunday and am getting her the lego friends hotel set so if it was 20% then that would be an added bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Naid23 wrote: »
    Is that sale starting tomorrow or saturday? My daughters birthday is on sunday and am getting her the lego friends hotel set so if it was 20% then that would be an added bonus.

16th - 19th , I think

Advertisement