Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the longest youv'e ever gone without showering (and why?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

3 weeks while visiting some distant relatives but I did wash in a barrell each day so it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Several weeks. Though, I was in intensive care/recovery & got regular bed baths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

10 days because I had the swine flu.

My boyfriend has went up to 3 or 4 weeks without a shower :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

lets see i haven't showered in about 10yr. radox muscle soak does not permit it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Three weeks beneath a rock in the Beqaa Valley, my job to take one shot that would change the world.

Wait, I've said too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭captainjack

5 weeks in Mexico.

Not a shower to be seen although I was in the seawater for about 4-6 hours every day.

Took a week to become crust free once back in civilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

A week. Who knew balls could smell of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

6 days
    November 2009, when the water was shut off in Cork.

Only flushed the toilet about once a day too

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Aoifey! wrote: »
    10 days because I had the swine flu.

My boyfriend has went up to 3 or 4 weeks without a shower :o

Nasty. You'd need a Jacobs Cream Cracker to go with the amount of cheese on his helmet at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

About 5/6 days when I was really sick. Felt manky though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

wyndham wrote: »
    Nasty. You'd need a Jacobs Cream Cracker to go with the amount of cheese on his helmet at that stage.

That just made me gag.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

15 Minutes.

Damn OCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

We didn't have a shower when we were growing up, until I found a shower apray in a carboot sale at the age of 14 which you attached to the bath taps. Before that, it was a bath once weekly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Glastonbury,about five days

had to rely on wet wipes and bottled water,felt manky at the end of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Around 10 days, during a hospital stay when I hadn't eaten in a week, so was very weak, as well as having a gaping wound that couldn't be covered because it had heal from the inside with the dressing changed daily so couldn't bathe.

Was too weak to even care, TBH. And the oil did my hair good actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Dudess wrote: »
    Two days - music festival in France. Misery.

I regularly don't shower for two days. :o But boyf says I'm freakily unsmelly. He's blinkered, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

10 days in 40 degree heat in Africa doing foot patrols/mobile patrols in towns that people have never heard of.

All things combined it was a very sweatty experience. I forgot my babywipes.

Anyway..ended up with a bad case of crotch rot, either side of my balls were cut from the friction which in turn got infected and discharged smelly green goo.

When I eventually was able to shower, it was sooooo feckin painful, i ended up on my knees crying in the shower like the scene from the Crying game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

benwavner wrote: »
    10 days in 40 degree heat in Africa doing foot patrols/mobile patrols in towns that people have never heard of.

All things combined it was a very sweatty experience. I forgot my babywipes.

Anyway..ended up with a bad case of crotch rot, either side of my balls were cut from the friction which in turn got infected and discharged smelly green goo.

When I eventually was able to shower, it was sooooo feckin painful, i ended up on my knees crying in the shower like the scene from the Crying game.
    Yuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Goldenegg wrote: »
    That just made me gag.....

Thats funny. It made her gag too when her boyfriend whipped it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Clooney1

16 days in a Somalian jail. It took Irish embassy 2 weeks to get to it from Tanzania. I never got an explanation why it took so long but I was very smelly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

In 2007 in the middle east, I work with military contractors. We were in Iraq and bottled water had to be flown into our location. There was not enough water for any showers or flushing toilets. It was grand though. Man up and if you really needed to there was a box of those alcohol-soaked tissues that ya use to clean a babys arse, but they were only really used for cleaning our hands before eating.

EDIT: 24 days as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Around 10 days, during a hospital stay when I hadn't eaten in a week, so was very weak, as well as having a gaping wound that couldn't be covered because it had heal from the inside with the dressing changed daily so couldn't bathe.

Was too weak to even care, TBH. And the oil did my hair good actually.

I was confined to a bed in hospital after an operation for over a week. I could not move out of the bed but to my horror two rather large nurses came in on the second night and sponge bathed me. I am still traumatised.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Clooney1 wrote: »
    16 days in a Somalian jail. It took Irish embassy 2 weeks to get to it from Tanzania. I never got an explanation why it took so long but I was very smelly.

Why were they sending you a clown?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

3 months. I had both legs in plaster and couldn't get the wheelchair into the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Zaph wrote: »
    3 months. I had both legs in plaster and couldn't get the wheelchair into the shower.
    ouch how did you break BOTH of them!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Two to three weeks cause had an operation, was in hospital for a while and I had a bandage for more than two weeks that I could not remove and couldn't get it wet. It wasn't removed till a till after two weeks. I say I had a bath though rather than a shower so that I could mind the bandage and prevent it from getting wet.
    Shower everyday to every two days depends where I am going and whether I am lazy or not and if I were sick I probably might not shower as often. I would give myself a quick scrub anyway to keep clean. One shower in the day is enough, cannot understand why people have 2 to 3 showers in the day tis crazy, they do more harm than good to their skin, one wash in the day should be enough unless they sweat a lot thats understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Witnness ( :eek: ) in the early 00's: no shower betwen Friday a.m. and Monday p.m. It's the feeling of unwashed hair that's the worst! Put a hat on me at some point on Sunday to feel slightly human.

More recently, over Christmas...no running water in the house for a good few days, four I think. So it was washing at a wash-hand basin. The first shower afterwards felt damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

3 days at electric picnic, I smelled like chickatees!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

benwavner wrote: »
    Anyway..ended up with a bad case of crotch rot, either side of my balls were cut from the friction which in turn got infected and discharged smelly green goo

That is fúcking mental! That's the first time I've heard of an actual case of ball rot.

Sure it wasn't from riding the locals?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I regularly don't shower for two days. :o But boyf says I'm freakily unsmelly. He's blinkered, methinks.

your snatch must smell like a fish monger! :eek:

Advertisement