Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the longest youv'e ever gone without showering (and why?)

Options
  • 12-02-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Whats the longest time period you've ever gone without a scrub up? And what was the reasoning behind your lack of hygiene?

My own faux pas: 6 days at a music festival. Squalor, beer, sleeping in my hoodie and pot noodles were the order of the day. Lenor & Persil well and truly in order upon my return :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

SparkyTech wrote: »
    Whats the longest time period you've ever gone without a scrub up? And what was the reasoning behind your lack of hygiene?

My own faux pas: 6 days at a music festival. Squalor, beer, sleeping in my hoodie and pot noodles were the order of the day. Lenor & Persil well and truly in order upon my return :o

127 hours due to being trapped by a boulder...the smell of vinegar from my balls was overpowering. Almost as bad as losing my right arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

INB4 Never

(also..: never)

Friday to Monday at electric picnic. Got my hair done though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Two days - music festival in France. Misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

If im diein with flu or otherwise under the weather, I could go 3 or 4 days without hittin the shower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Since wednesday to this saturday :) Reason, to give some new life to the natural oils of my body, To much washing & cleaning your body with all that soap n **** washes the natural oils away.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

4 days at Sziget in Hungary last summer. In 40' of heat, yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It really doesn't bother me not washing for an extended period of time.

Obviously I shower daily but if I'm at a music festival or somewhere disgusting with filthy showers then I just have a whore's bath and I feel fine. The only thing I hate is having greasy hair, but then I just use dry shampoo and stick it in a ponytail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

realies wrote: »
    Since wednesday to this saturday :) Reason, to give some new life to the natural oils of my body, To much washing & cleaning your body with all that soap n **** washes the natural oils away.:D

Or you could use some body creme to moisturize your skin and invigorate your senses ;)

*Note: This may or may not be advertising linguo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Does this include when you where a kid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Really? Does that work? (you'll have to excuse my ignorance, I know nothing about this).

Have you not smelled like **** all week so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

About 2 or 3 days but then the Army doesn't put hygiene at the top of it's list when your out in the field cold , wet , unshaved and starving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

About a year when the shower was broken, took baths instead. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Fourteen days when I was on holiday in Spain. It never occurred to me to shower, seeing as I was in the swimming pool every day and that seemed to do the job.

Fourteen days when I was on holiday in Spain. It never occurred to me to shower, seeing as I was in the swimming pool every day and that seemed to do the job.

Did the chlorine not make you all wrinkly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Did the chlorine not make you all wrinkly?

No, not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Dudess wrote: »
    Two days - music festival in France. Misery.
    Was it worth it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

2 full weeks. I was only about 10 though so I just wasn't really as aware of proper hygiene as I should have been.

Main reason for not showering was because I wasn't arsed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

2 days in Irish college. 6 girls, one shower :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Same as a lot of other people here - I went for a few days without a shower in a festival. Felt scuzzy! When I finally got a hot shower (on the Sunday of Electric Picnic), it was one of the most beautiful moments of the weekend. To this day I have a lot of great memories of the festival, and getting under that hot water is definitely in the top five!!

• Advertisement

. 6 girls, one shower :|

Ooh errr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Really? Does that work? (you'll have to excuse my ignorance, I know nothing about this).

Have you not smelled like **** all week so?

Yep it works ok, but its preferable to be by your own in the house or whatever as its not very hygienic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't remember how long it was, maybe 5-9 days, hiking in the US, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

I'm really bad for washing if I'm sick - if I've got a bad virus/vomiting bug I'm not moving! So it could be up to 1 week/10 days, which is gross - I probably smelled like death, but I couldn't detect it so it didn't matter:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

From Wednesday morning up until Monday evening every time I go to Glastonbury
    There is no feeling on the planet like just standing under a power shower after that... Almost better than sex!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

8 Days during a festival in Belgium. I was in amsterdam for a few days before and didn't shower because I was always drunk or high there.
    When I got to the festival in belgium I didn't shower because the showers had a 3hr queue during sober time. The pong off me was unreal, especially after 4 days in the 30degree Belgian heat. Its the crotch that stinks up the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

6 girls, one shower :|

Google is only returning results for 4 girls 1 shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

2 days in Irish college. 6 girls, one shower :|

Go on...

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Go on...

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

Kind of agree with you,R, theres also the fact that if your immune system is TOO clean, it can cause allergies, like you wash away all the good bugs as well as the bad ones, then the immune system starts fighting with itself. Moderation...give the shower an odd skip,say every 2nd day and a good hoor's bath in between keeps stink at bay(poetic;))

Advertisement