Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I have come to the conclusion this thread is VERY BAD for me, I keep seeing things I have to buy:o damn you monthly pay

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Im the same booboo...have had to be really strict this month, went a bit mad recently with clarins clensers and a naked palette and random stuff....elf is so addictive though!!

Oh Ive completely blown all my wages. afraid to look at my balance.
    I havent dared look at elf yet :eek: next moths pay day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The lovely people at Sigma have emailed me today to let me know they're sending me an E25 Travel Blending Brush :) I'm very excited because I really like their brushes :D:D

E25-2T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Sorry for not posting any reviews yet, going to go back through my posts and post some within the next few days.

Sam McCauleys
    ROC Stretch Mark Cream - only €4
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSD8oArbkV07qcymBXTpjJds5yAr6PWPDWIMKUc53WiYCNtLJGH

Garnier Pure Face wash and moisturiser
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9mXznlCwNeEBu-_SBcq_tkn0uoGts6UzjMWHaHNp0WD0JhrRX

From lookfantastic.com
    Weleda Acknedoran purifying lotion
    WEL0062t.jpg
    Weleda Acknedoron cleansing lotion
    WEL0063t.jpg
    Paul Mitchelle Styling Glaze
    1068t.jpg

Another iherb haul:D

Sunshine Spa Arabian Musk
    SUN-69514-0.jpg
    Eco Tools Foundation Brush
    ECT-01202-0.jpg
    Alba Botanica hair Gel
    ALB-00644-0.jpg
    Eco Tools Nail Brush
    ECT-01266-0.jpg
    Mint Julep Face Scrub
    QHE-56577-0.jpg
    EcoTools Facial Sponges
    ECT-01268-0.jpg
    Eco Tools Mini Brush Set
    ECT-01223-0.jpg
    Pomegranate Sunflower Conditioner
    NAG-75118-0.jpg
    10% off all beauty products on iherb til next Wednesday and $5 off if its your first order with REL330;) The ecotools items are excellent value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Received these from the nice people at Eyeko :D

Lipstik in Lip Lover
    247841_10150221187547259_833992258_7118763_7787042_n.jpg

Graffiti Eyeliner Pens in

Navy Blue
    254876_10150221188297259_833992258_7118770_925375_n.jpg

Black
    250561_10150221188647259_833992258_7118774_5682414_n.jpg

I'll have a review up on my site soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I think this should be renamed the empty bank balance thread - so many things I want to buy after reading it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

I think you're right Dark Phoenix!!!:D

Will you PM me the name of your site Asphyxia? You always have such nice stuff. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 iwantadonkey

i had a few no7 vouchers so i bought the shine free primer
    http://www.company.co.uk/cm/companyuk/images/Yp/or_f68a57a3123780448022871.jpg
    not impressed at all it just peeled right off my face like a mask.

i also got revlon photoready in vanilla
    http://www.makeupandbeauty.ie/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Revlon-Photoready-Foundation.jpg

wearing it today and really liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 iwantadonkey

sorry i dont know how to make the pics come up:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Hi all, ELF have a great offer on from now until 20th of June. Spend £20 and use code brighten to receive 10 free eyeshadow quads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

No7-Essential-Moisture-Day-Cream.jpg

No. 7 Essential Moisture Day Cream. I bought this because I had a 7.50 off voucher. Wouldn't buy it again. It somehow makes my skin feel even more dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Babyliss Glamour Waves.

Bought this last week in ARGOS and thought I'd pop a lil review of it here! :D

Overall I really like it! Great size barrel for the length of my hair.

Heres pics of my hair before using it and after!

BEFORE:
    photo31y.jpg

AFTER:
    photo107br.jpg

photo97b.jpg

Hair up in bun after:
    photo110v.jpg

Reviews I've seen online said this didn't curl but put waves in I held it for a bit longer than the norm 10secs and got this result.

Today I did it really quick 8mins for my entire hair (I've really thick hair) and got looser waves.

img0072ef.jpg

For €25 I think this is a bargain! Really like the outcome! Only downfall is the on/off button (Ones I'm pointing to in pic) can be easy to hit and turn off curler! Has 4 heat settings which I really like aswell!!

I can't see an after pic!

Novella wrote: »
    I can't see an after pic!

See them now? :)

Jwacqui wrote: »
    See them now? :)

Yeah :) I totally want one! I do curls in my hair a lot and yours looks so good! Really lovely!

Novella wrote: »
    Yeah :) I totally want one! I do curls in my hair a lot and yours looks so good! Really lovely!

I'm crap at doing curls with my GHD so bought this, really glad I did! :) So easy to use! My lairs make it a bit harder but apart from that I love it!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I'm crap at doing curls with my GHD so bought this, really glad I did! :) So easy to use! My lairs make it a bit harder but apart from that I love it!

I use my GHD to curl my hair too. It's just it's kind of not working at the moment so this would be perfect 'cause it's so cheap! I have layers too. My hair is similar to yours actually - I have a side fringe and stuff, just my hair isn't thick at all! So if I could get that kinda result, I'd he happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

If you see this
    vo5b.jpg

Then BUY IT!!

It is absolutely amazing, I mentioned it in another thread, it contains argan oil, is so much better than Moroccan oil and I do love my mococcan oil! It was only 5 or 6 euro in superdrug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I am getting BB Cream soon, the Missha #21. I can't wait to give it a go, it seems to be picking up all over with all the designer brands getting in on it.

Anyone given it a go on here?

MSMS1052_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Resi12 wrote: »
    I am getting BB Cream soon, the Missha #21. I can't wait to give it a go, it seems to be picking up all over with all the designer brands getting in on it.

Anyone given it a go on here?

MSMS1052_b.jpg

I have tried BB cream. I bought that one but got the wrong color!! I am moe likely #23 than 21. If you want i can give you the one I have. It is hardly used as i used it as swatching only. Pm me if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCB2qRMOBzU1d5FWnD-RmAd1-CYANeP404cnGSdjHjn87qurig9A

Ended up buying the new Rimmel mascara after seeing so many great reviews on this thread. I definitely was not disapointed!!:D

Got it in Black. It's fantastic!! Day look gave a great length...didn't even need to curl my lashes. The night look was amazing too...great volume and didn't clump! Best mascara I've tried in ages!!

Thanks people!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_123035890099_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Beauty

I bought this starter kit for fair skin a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! I briefly mentioned it here when I bought it I think, but I wanted to update and give a proper review.

You definitely need to use a primer, a sample primer came in the kit but I have the smashbox photo finish which is perfect. The kit has 2 foundation colours which I tend to layer on top of each other, a bronzer which I rarely use, a fantastic concealer and a lovely powder to finish. Three brushes are included too, and a DVD to show you how to use the products (this drags on a bit, but it's not bad at all).

I think it gives lovely coverage and is the most natural-looking make up I've used. My mum complimented me on it yesterday so it must be good!

The only minor complaint I have is the size of the pots. There's plenty of product in there, but you have to tip some into the lid and swirl the brush around in it before you apply. The lids are just a bit too small to do this properly, but I'd say the full-size pots are perfect!

Mac NC 15 is too orange-y for my skin, so if you're annoyingly pale like me this is worth a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

was in tk maxx yesterday and picke up this go smile set (teeth whitning set) was priced at 80 euro but red label reduced to 30
    b1_feature_image.jpg

has rave reviews on the net so looking forward to seeing the results !!

also picked up Philosophy-the perfect clear primer for only 3 euro bargain !!
    42396302-177x150-0-0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

5 stars for Catrice- Infinite Matt 18 hour. Shade is Light Beige- 010. It's ACTUALLY pale enough! Looks very natural without looking far too white in photos or contrasting sharply with my skin (I don't wear tan). Goes on like a dream, I use it with Gosh Moisturising Primer, spreads evenly and very well, not too shiny and no dry patches. It's just brilliant :D Also, it lasted very well on a night out where I was out of my head drunk and in a heap..haven't used it much at all since then unfortunately. Will be buying again..I hear Catrice often discontinue stuff so in bulk! It's only €6.99 and the packaging looks good, glass bottle like much more expensive foundations. My skin looked so well with it on..it's clear anyway but it just looked flawless! Can'r rave about this foundation enough- was so sick of making do with whatever Rimmel/Maybelline foundation was somewhat pale enough, but not really. It does need powder but then they all do really..

Catrice-infinite-matte-foundation-Small.png

I also bought some stuff in Sephora in Vegas- holiday was cut short and I'm not too flush with cash so quite the mini-haul! I got this sheer powder, Sephora own brand, though $17 not $18 as listed:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P243315&categoryId=S6500&shouldPaginate=true

Nars Orgasm for $27

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P2855&categoryId=B70

This in blue blood, 05. $17 Colour intensity same as the main colours shown, not the swatch in the correct shades. Pigment quality looks to be brilliant, but haven't tried out any of my new stuff yet.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P274927&categoryId=S10501&shouldPaginate=true

A lovely eyeliner in a dark shimmery grey/silver, which was $6 and isn't on the website and a mini travel brush set for $6. Would have bought some Benefit stuff which was cheap there and some more Sephora own brand palettes and mascaras and eyeliners if I was loaded! Altogether that stuff came to $73 with $5 added sales tax- brilliant value I think! Outside of Sephora, I bought a Victoria's Secret eyeshadow, the quality is AMAZING. $10.

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265482440440&c=Page&cid=1304338682635&pagename=vsdWrapper in L89, Spin.

Also a lovely MAC lipglass in Nymphette, a lovely dewy pink with gold undertone.
    http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/166/309/Tinted-Lipglass/index.tmpl

Have only used the Catrice foundation out of all that! Might post reviews of the whole lot later when I get a chance to use them...have been ill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

What shops sell Catrice here Corruptedmorals ? I'm fair skinned and am unhappy with the foundations I'm currently using as I feel all of them, bar the cheap Aldi one (which is slightly too dark) settle in my pores:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Dunnes, all of them as far as I have seen (and I worked in one for 3 years..was always there!)..I've heard SamMcAuley chemists too. I don't think Penneys do, they definitely have Essence but not sure about Catrice. It's not in Boots or anywhere like that anyway. Unfortunately it does mean you have to dig for unopened stuff as the stuff in Dunnes gets mauled. I got mine in Dunnes Liffey Valley anyway. There's another one called Photo Finish which has good reviews online but the palest shade seems to be way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Penneys definitely do have catrice, probably only in the bigger stores though! I got catrice stuff in the penneys on o'connell street and henry street in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

had a little binge in boots yesterday (am blaming this forum :D)

I bought:

These nail polishes

nails3.jpg

These - got the eye shadow free as it was o 3 for 2 on rimmel :) am delighted with the soft mocha eye liner marker as I love my essence one and its nearly run out I was desperately looking for a replacement!

nails4.jpg

Picked up this top coat

nails2.jpg

and also picked up this- its fab! Like dry shampoo with a built in volumiser. Its now sat beside my batiste dry shampoo. Brill stuff if you have fine limp hair and I got a few euro off with a free boots professional hair voucher. cant get my photo to load but here is a link

http://www.johnfrieda.ca/en-CA/ProductDetail/Hair-Care/Luxurious-Volume/Anytime-Volume-Refresher

Advertisement