Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do women do it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

not sure what would happen if we all stopped wearing makeup/ shaving our legs/ plucking our eyebrows and for older ladies getting rid of their moustaches!

A little bit of makeup can look nice so long as it's not overdone. It's also great for hidding a hangover!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

whiteboy wrote: »
    Ok so I should have said "some" women. Why are they so preoccupied with their appearance and make up and all that stuff! It's kind of crazy, lads don't wear make up so why do girls? What do they have to hide, why do they have to bring out their best features, why the revealing clothing?
    I mean I'm cool with it but what's their motive?

I was reading about this girl who received silicone injections in her @ss (for crying out loud) and died from the procedure, the first thing I thought was why was she so preoccupied by her appearance and why she was that vain that she thought this was all their was to her life.

Peace out

It's ok you can wear makeup if you want to

Also, we preen ourselves because we have to be the total opposite of the animal kingdom where it's the males who get all colourful and showoff

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't even know why you ask this question in AH, only us boys 14-24 here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

snorlax wrote: »
    It's also great for hidding a hangover!

I look well sexy hungover with last night's make-up, smudged panda-stylee. I don't need to apply any more. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

bluewolf wrote: »
    Also, we preen ourselves because we have to be the total opposite of the animal kingdom where it's the males who get all colourful and showoff

I want a red arse. :P Or colour-dy feathers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Because people are attracted to attractive people.

Good looks, height, weight, all these things are attractive features.

Pretty simple!

They also makes womens legs appear slimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Think its part attempting to attract a mate, competition with other womens, self esteem issue's and doin what the fashion mags etc tell em to do!!

The competition one is the biggest driver I think, crazy womens trying to out do other crazys!!

Men just box the heads off each other for competition, lift weights and roide crazy womens etc for self esteem and become metrosexuals because the mags tell us too!!

Think as long as we're gettin some the rest fades to the back round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

why does the opposite sex want to make themselves look taller, what's the mentality behind this, these are all important questions we should ask, I see it everyday and it makes me wonder!

I always thought the point of them was to make your feet looks smaller and in particular to change your posture such that your ass and tits stick out further.

(at least that's why I wear them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

bonerm wrote: »
    I always thought the point of them was to make your feet looks smaller and in particular to change your posture such that your ass and tits stick out further.

The shoe thing is the craziest thing I ve seen.
    Hours of pain wearing shoes that go with a handbag or add an inch :confused:

Pair of runners with that skirt would look class :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

and why can women hit men but it's not ok to hit back, LOL!

Always hit a woman the way you'd hit a man,they want equal rights don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

bonerm wrote: »

Also they apparently make the way a woman's ass move mimick that of female baboons when they are in heat and so that movement attracts men sexually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Why are they so preoccupied with their appearance and make up and all that stuff!

Because hairy/spotty/insert other turn offs here women aren't attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

bluewolf wrote: »

Yes that is correct.

Isn't evolution fantastic? A woman can make these observations were all the male species in the world get to show off and be colourful. So the smartified wimminz take heed and tart themselves up in fake tan and makeup to beat the male human to the punch.

Kudos wimminz, kudos.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

That's only in western culture. In a lot of other ones the men wear all the fancy colourful ****. Makes sense too if women are supposedly attracted to bright colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

To me, the less make-up a woman wears the hotter she is...........means she has less to hide.

I've seen so many "stunners" without their fake tan, eye shadow, etc and it's like looking at a different person..........plus their appearance was "meh" as opposed to the "woah" they hope to achieve when they have their war-paint on. I guess it's because you're so used to seeing them with the make-up on....

Though I always laugh when I pass by a shelf in Dunnes and theres a face treatment thing for men. The picture on the front has guy smiling with all this green gunk and cucumbers on his face.............he just looks stupid :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

Suggested reading: survival of the prettiest. Explains it better than i could!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, right?

And how come kids are allowed call me a doo-doo head but I can't set them on fire?

We can't? Sure worked for me the other day. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

what about high heels, like wtf!

To wear and walk in them you have to have a certain tightness of the pelvic floor and a well toned pelvic floor means more pussy gripping action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

yep women of past generations have really screwed us over :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The shoe thing is the craziest thing I ve seen.
    Hours of pain wearing shoes that go with a handbag or add an inch :confused:
    I have heard the heels are supposed to make the calves look more "toned" or something. I remember seeing women wearing them in the snow, crazy fuckers, I was staring at them in disbelief, as were other people, I wonder if they went off thinking "wahey, all those lads (and women) are checking me out, loooooking goooood gurlll friend" *snap-snap*

Same at weddings you see some of them going around like 5 year old girls in their mammys heels, like a drunk on stilts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

This thread reminds me of one of the funniest jokes ever told by a five year old:

Q. Why do women wear makeup and perfume?

A. Because they're ugly and they smell.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

It's not in our heads! I don't wear make up and I get very little male attention. Also, I get far more attention, and people are generally nicer to me, when I'm dressed up, particularly with heels. I've known so many girls who are mind numbingly boring but who put effort into their appearance and suddenly everyone thinks they're great, even though all they do is stand there looking slightly more pretty than usual. I'm not immune to it though, I have to admit I really like it when suddenly my opinion matters more than it did that morning because my heels make my legs look better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

because most people are blindingly superficial. e.g. all the threads about hot women in this very forum. how many of the women mentioned in those threads have no makeup on? find a candid (not posed and airbrushed) picture of one of those women without makeup on and you'll have your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

I have to say, any lads on here that are saying they don't like women wearing make-up are probably greatly exaggerating their case. The reason you think you don't like make-up on women is because when they do it right you don't really notice it. The problem is that they cake it on sometimes.

On a related note- I had the pleasure of sitting across the aisle from quite a beautiful girl on an empty bus earlier. She proceeded to apply more and more make-up on the bus journey, and when I turned around as I was getting off the bus, she looked AWFUL! It was a travesty.

I say girls should wear make up and dress nice, as long as they don't feel like they HAVE to. But too much usually does more damage than too little. I wanna see those cute freckles!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

For cetnuries men wore make up as well, first it was only the toffs but then it was a free for all then along came the boring 19 century with like 2 world wars and several other wars and being a hard macho soldier became mega fashionable, and even the brief period of new romantism couldn't re write all that war and army standards.

Shame really cos some guys are so damn sexy with a bit of guyliner and bit of lipstick.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I call bullsh*t on all the men who say they don't like women in make-up.

You're all just thinking of the over done caked on effect. Most of the time when done well, you wouldn't even realise she was wearing make-up it just makes them look naturally better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

I call bullsh*t on all the men who say they don't like women in make-up.

You're all just thinking of the over done caked on effect. Most of the time when done well, you wouldn't even realise she was wearing make-up it just makes them look naturally better.

There's a different between seeing you at a bar in a bit of make-up and falling in love and seeing a girl without make-up and loving them more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

i fell in love with a girl, because she has a big nose

now far as i'm aware, you can't dolly up a big nose, with a bit of powder puff. jolly up, maybe, but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Ok so I should have said "some" women. Why are they so preoccupied with their appearance and make up and all that stuff! It's kind of crazy, lads don't wear make up so why do girls? What do they have to hide, why do they have to bring out their best features, why the revealing clothing?

I was reading about this girl who received silicone injections in her @ss (for crying out loud) and died from the procedure, the first thing I thought was why was she so preoccupied by her appearance and why she was that vain that she thought this was all their was to her life.

Peace out
    ouch. UGS* i take it?

*Ugly Girlfriend Syndrome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement