Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Corps Toyota Avensis?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

The older units had volume control... ...but i believe the new units are simple on/off buttons?

Thanks

That might explain why I thought it was much louder than what I'm used to.

Another question going maybe a little off topic, why do so many AGS vehicles drive with the sirens on and lights off? About 1 in 4 i've seen responding over the past few months have been driving at high speed with the siren activated and the lights turned off. Now, some had their headlights flashing while some just had normal headlights. In one instance a member of the public was blocking the patrol car from passing for maybe ten seconds until eventually they turned the lights on, and joe public shot out of the way!
    Not a rant, maybe i'm just (un)lucky enough to see several examples of faulty control buttons or are there instances where lights aren't required. Or maybe its been the same patrol car I've seen every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I got stopped by a new Avensis recently,took me awhile to pull over as I was admiring the light-bar! :pac:

Lovely looking cars. I love the light bar set up on the RSU Vovlo,with it saying Gardai in the middle. Beefy looking vehicles too,they look the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Hey all,

Also, in relation to Toyota; as Ford do all the vans/jeeps for AGS, what will be the Toyota equivalents in future? As far as I know, Toyota don't really have anything in the van department?

Pearse St have a 2011 Transit.

Good news, you can't beat a Transit!

Disappointed to hear Toyota got the contract, cos I wasn't mad about the previous model Avensis, light clutch and steering. But the new model Mondeo isn't a patch on the MK II version.

Took the new Avensis estate diesel for a quick spin and it seemed grand, better than the previous model anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

infacteh wrote: »
    Pearse St have a 2011 Transit.

Good news, you can't beat a Transit!

Disappointed to hear Toyota got the contract, cos I wasn't mad about the previous model Avensis, light clutch and steering. But the new model Mondeo isn't a patch on the MK II version.

Took the new Avensis estate diesel for a quick spin and it seemed grand, better than the previous model anyway

There was a post in the Motors forum a few months ago with the story behind how the Avensis was picked.

Basically there were three candidates, the Avensis, Mondeo and Insigna. The lads down in Templemore who conducted the test were in favor of either the Mondeo or Insigna and strongly advised against the Toyota in terms of handling ect but for cost reasons it was chosen. (I sure this is what was said a few months ago but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone with more knowledge will point it out)

BTW judging by your post I assume you are a member of AGS but for those who aren't I thought I'd share this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

mle1324 wrote: »
    There was a post in the Motors forum a few months ago with the story behind how the Avensis was picked.

Basically there were three candidates, the Avensis, Mondeo and Insigna. The lads down in Templemore who conducted the test were in favor of either the Mondeo or Insigna and strongly advised against the Toyota in terms of handling ect but for cost reasons it was chosen. (I sure this is what was said a few months ago but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone with more knowledge will point it out)

BTW judging by your post I assume you are a member of AGS but for those who aren't I thought I'd share this. :)

Yeah, found it further down.

The state should just buy plenty of second hand, MK II Mondeos, nice and cheap and a far superior car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, found it further down.

The state should just buy plenty of second hand, MK II Mondeos, nice and cheap and a far superior car!

They'd have to compensate the previous owner for VAT, VRT, dealer commission which'd be built in to the second hand preis of the car.

If they buy them new, they'll not have to stump up for that so probably pay what a new car'd cost.

Advertisement