Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found money in IKEA - anyone lose any??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

amdublin wrote: »
    Yep I did.

If no one claims it they give it to charity which seems fair enough to me.
    I think it'd be fair enough if you kept it. You did your duty and told the manager, if nobody comes forward, it's yours. Some day you might lose money and the person who finds it mightn't be as nice as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I was in Ikea today..

I got lost..

Ikea scares me..

There are too many nice things that jump at you and make you buy them..

The pretty colours of the potato peelers and other such unessential kitchen implements, I always fall for the pretty colours! :o

I may* have lost €11.5 million which was in an envelope..

*may or may not be the whole truth

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

On the off chance, anyone lose any money in IKEA in Dublin today?
    If you have retained the money, potentially you re guilty of theft by finding. As I understand it, and amount of money over €6.35 (£5) should be handed to the Garda.
    mickdw wrote: »
    I thought the general rule was that when you hand in cash like that, that they keep it for so long in case owne turns up. IF they dont turn up, they give it back to finder.

If I was the OP, I would send friend in for the cash after a number of days.
    CCTV?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Victor wrote: »
    If you have retained the money, potentially you re guilty of theft by finding. As I understand it, and amount of money over €6.35 (£5) should be handed to the Garda.
    MarkR wrote: »

Seriously though. If it was a significant amount of money, did you let the store know? Bad juju if you don't. :)
    Yep I did.

If no one claims it they give it to charity which seems fair enough to me.

To clarify and confirm:
    I handed the money into the customer service.
    The girl wrote what time it was found, where it was found, and the amount. She put it in an envelope and into their safe in the office.
    I enquired do they take my number and give me a call if it is not claimed.
    They said no, they give it to charity and I said well you can't get fairer then that.

Advertisement