Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 5008 or C4 Grand Picasso or Toyota Verso

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭useless

pburns wrote: »
    Do you really need a sprog-wagon with two kids even with occasional friends? I mean we all know families of 6-7 growing upwho fitted into a Cortina or similar...

I'm thinking Peugeot 508 SW for similar money...surely big enough for a family that size?

Yep. Before we had laws about seatbelts for everyone and saw the crash test videos of what happens to unrestrained passengers etc. I can remember travelling in the rear parcel shelf of a Fiat 131 at one point though :D

Problem with the 508 and most cars like it is that you just can't fit 3 people in the rear seat if they need to use carseats or booster seats, which kids need to have til they're tall enough to use the seatbelt only. Add in the requirement to carry grannies and kids' friends and it adds to the headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

R.O.R wrote: »
    If you don't mind the high road tax, and the pre-facelift model, there are some stock 2.0Dci's around with considerable discount available.

Got one for a customer a few weeks ago, in the colour he wanted (Fired Iron), with a good bit over 15% discount off list.

Ask your local dealer if there is legacy stock available at a special price.

is 15% discount the minimum one should expect off a new car?

Op, What swayed you away from the Peugot, if you don't mind saying?
    (My wife and i tested it today and much prefer it to the c4 grand picasso)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 johnnyreb

I liked the 5008 better than the picasso but was swayed towards the japanese cars for reliability. Really interested in the Qashqai+2 now. 2010 model are great value. Nice high driving position, panoramic roof and the chunky stylings are starting to win me over. maybe i am deluded?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

johnnyreb wrote: »
    I liked the 5008 better than the picasso but was swayed towards the japanese cars for reliability. Really interested in the Qashqai+2 now.

If you're allergic to French cars, you should know that there is a lot of Renault in modern Nissans, like the diesel engines, and it's made in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

johnnyreb wrote: »
    I liked the 5008 better than the picasso but was swayed towards the japanese cars for reliability. Really interested in the Qashqai+2 now. 2010 model are great value. Nice high driving position, panoramic roof and the chunky stylings are starting to win me over. maybe i am deluded?

The Qashqai is mostly Renault.

Which is French. The diesels are straight out of Renaults.

Anyway, I don't buy the line that just because something is Japanese it is automatically more reliable - it is well known that Peugeot/Citroen's 1.6 HDi is a very dependable engine for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 joecreed

:D I've just traded in my '05 Pug 407 2.0HDi for a 08 Citroen C4 Grand Pic ('cos we got 3 kids, 2 car-seats & 407 has NO space for friends!!). I personally drive a 206 to work and back but the C4 is brilliant. The 1.6HDi engine is as fast to take off as the 407 ever was. I bought the C4 from a pug main dealer where I got my 407 and he was sure the C4 and the 5008 are the same cars. Space-wise, the C4 is brilliant. I love the driving position and the seats are COMFORTABLE!! I have lumbar issues and these seats are second to none in comfort (I have a cushion in my 206 for support!!). Very impressed with the car, the gadgets, the styling, but above all, the space!! As Pug & Citroen are the same crowd, this is currently my 9th Pug/"French car" and I've had little or no problems with any of them. I would have liked to stick with Peugeot but as budgets are constrained, I had the option of the C4 instead. Suits me though, long may it drive.:D

Advertisement