Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Cooking club Week 5: Malaysian Chicken/Beef Curry

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Made a chicken patiala from one of Madhur Jaffreys recipes. Finished it for breakfast this morning. Really lovely-quite mild but lovely flavours.

And just ordered 100g of Naga Bhut Jolokia for a special occasion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

Makood wrote: »
    Made a chicken patiala from one of Madhur Jaffreys recipes. Finished it for breakfast this morning. Really lovely-quite mild but lovely flavours.

And just ordered 100g of Naga Bhut Jolokia for a special occasion :D

these superhot chillies are no fun imho. I do like to use the scotch bonnet/madame jinnette/habenero type in some curries but any hotter than that and your not tasting much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

these superhot chillies are no fun imho. I do like to use the scotch bonnet/madame jinnette/habenero type in some curries but any hotter than that and your not tasting much ;)

I do agree with you-but I do sometimes love the pure heat from these. I normally make a 50/50 mix and temper one half with a little yoghurt.

I do agree with you-but I do sometimes love the pure heat from these. I normally make a 50/50 mix and temper one half with a little yoghurt.

your a brave man :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Well, to me a scotch bonnet is an unacceptably hot one! Each to their own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Made this tonight, was absolutely incredible. Will definitely be making this again. Don't like mushrooms so left them out, think I might add some broccoli next time to bulk it up a wee bit.

Yummers.

Goolay wrote: »
    Made this tonight, was absolutely incredible. Will definitely be making this again. Don't like mushrooms so left them out, think I might add some broccoli next time to bulk it up a wee bit.

Yummers.

glad you enjoyed, some asian veg will also work great :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

Made this today for myself and the little ones. Delicious - we really enjoyed it. I left out the chillies and mushrooms at the kids request!

I blended the lemongrass but it was still stringy so will cut it down the middle, leave it whole and take it out at the end next time.

Thanks for all the wonderful recipies Curry Addict. Your method of cooking the rice works really well too

Phantom99 wrote: »
    Made this today for myself and the little ones. Delicious - we really enjoyed it. I left out the chillies and mushrooms at the kids request!

I blended the lemongrass but it was still stringy so will cut it down the middle, leave it whole and take it out at the end next time.

Thanks for all the wonderful recipies Curry Addict. Your method of cooking the rice works really well too

i wish i could get my little ones to eat curry :)

glad you enjoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Finally got around to making this. It was lovely but quite hot with 4 dried red chillies and a fresh red one.

Then I discovered I forgot the star anise and also the turmeric which might have softened it a little.

Would also use less fish sauce as it's quite overpowering.

All in all a lovely recipe and will make again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TOB

Hi CA, I just discovered your recipes today and I'm very impressed. I am an avid Curry fan and cook from scratch at home a lot. You mentioned Sarsoon Ka Saag in an earlier post and wondered if you have a recipe for that handy? Can you also recommend a substitute for mustard greens, I haven't managed to get them in Dublin. Thanks, looking forward to more wonderful recipes and advice.

TOB wrote: »
    Hi CA, I just discovered your recipes today and I'm very impressed. I am an avid Curry fan and cook from scratch at home a lot. You mentioned Sarsoon Ka Saag in an earlier post and wondered if you have a recipe for that handy? Can you also recommend a substitute for mustard greens, I haven't managed to get them in Dublin. Thanks, looking forward to more wonderful recipes and advice.

I will dig out the recipe for you in the next day or so. We grow mustard greens in our back garden, they are very easy to grow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Making this tonight with lamb. Oh the aroma of curry simmering in my kitchen.

I can almost smell it from here :)

I still make this one regularly myself.

enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

And this morning I had them for breakfast together with Roti Jala (lacey pancakes).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Had a longing for a curry so made this again! So good!

Ate too much though and could not move for the evening.

Advertisement