Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

A nice quiet country retreat http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=358519 as mrs Doyle says "they've taken in the roads" :D

Oh my god floods are now a plus when selling your house.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Walls and roof appear to be fine
    Now there's a statement to inspire confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

House in op was Kilclooney, this one is more like Kilclunge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

gigino wrote: »
    There is a development of new 2-bedroom apartments for € 40,000 in Leitrim,built to government standards and regulations,

Wouldnt it be illegal to advertise/sell them if they werent :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    Dont be distracted by neon lights ;)

Something like that would cost about 400K to build and kit out as per images

so you are paying 500K extra then for the small site with smal garden and the privilige of living in Sandycove...

I'd say you're a good bit under with the estimation of the cost of the refurb, which I'd say is certainly closer to €600k as it looks to have been done at boom time prices. There is a list thats an arms length long of the number of consultants that worked on the property and they didn't come cheap! Its hard to say without seeing it in person but €600k could well be conservative as the house appears to be finished to an extremely high standard - this was a trophy house that probably became unaffordable. That said there is a premium included in the list price for the address for sure, and the property is quite small. It would remain to be seen how well such a property would age as well. Many or of the "added value" technology in the house will quickly become obsolete in the future.

The person/people selling this are probably going to take a massive hit on this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The market is recovering, prices are falling massively to reflect something somewhat closer to their actual value.

Where's your evidence?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Emmm....anyone else think the OP owns that house?
    He certainly has an interest in houses out that way ...

But maybe he's thinking of buying, and relying on the sensible advice which AH always offers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dan I Am

Monife wrote: »
    How do you know that?

http://www.property-bee.com/ Is another way of knowing (and a handy tool for anyone using daft via Firefox). It adds a 'history' window in the daft webpage that shows all past price changes and amendments to the listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=454572

its hard to find somewhere of better value....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Balmed Out wrote: »

A third of an acre, with need of complete refurbishment and they want 290k?? What they hell are they smoking!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

jujibee wrote: »
    A third of an acre, with need of complete refurbishment and they want 290k?? What they hell are they smoking!?

Half an acre on my road is down to 150 K and that's just the piece of land. 3 years ago sites were over the 300K mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Balmed Out wrote: »

LOL picture 5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

This is the most farcical I've seen.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=300793

I know this area. There are much nicer, much bigger, much better built houses in the area going for a lot cheaper than these mediocrities. 400k for a three-bed bog-standard house in a hardly sought-after area of the country.

Some people live in their own little world, don't they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

State of that house in the OP. Irish people just love building these gaudy mansions slap bang in the middle of the countryside though. Disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

MLH1 wrote: »
    Most Impressive and Cheapest House on Daft

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=481350

I'll give you 20 grand and a packet of Taytos for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

jujibee wrote: »

Drove past recently, terrible hill up and actually looks worse then the add. Gotta love the horse outside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

NomdePlume wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=573216

On the one hand, I am impressed that there is actually a toilet in there.
    On the other hand, you'd become the "This week I 'ave been mostly eating..." man within a year of purchase.
    Pad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

The market is recovering, prices are falling massively to reflect something somewhat closer to their actual value.

I'd be very sceptical about that. My Dad bought his first house, a 4-bed semi, in Rathfarnham in 1965 for £4500, when he was earning £1000 per year. His brother gave him £500 and his loan was four times his salary. The economy was doing comparatively well at the time. Today, the average industrial wage is €32,000. Multiply that by 4.5 and you could afford a house costing €144,000 today. Where are these houses?

These 29 properties are all that's available on Daft in Dublin for €150,000 or less, and most of them are apartments.

The property market has a lot more to fall and without the massive propping up which the state is giving it, it would have fallen much, much more by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

The guy in this thread says:

"Traditionally, before the madness, the amount you could borrow was 2.5 times the main earner plus 1 times the second earner, and the term was usually 20 years. Longer was exceptional.

Deposits required were at least 10% and more often 20%.

Better terms (ie 25 years, 3xmain plus second income, 10% deposit) where only available to better prospects, such as young professionals (and to be clear solicitors, doctors, dentists, bank managers and chartered practising accountants where all that qualified for these terms).

Interest rates where on average higher, but these rules also applied in low interest periods, such as the 1950-1965 period. Taxes also matter but in the period up to the mid 80s mortgage tax relief was unrestricted in terms of amount, term and tax rate.

These rules applied by all the Irish Banks, lasted well into the Mid 90's, and where applied for decades.. After that the inmates took over the asylum.

If we returned to this lending model, then a couple earning the average wage could afford 3.5 times average wage of 32.6k could spend a maximum of borrowings of 114k plus deposit or 142k, and a dual income professional couple on 100k each could borrow at most 450k, and spend 500k on a house.

I believe that we will return to this sort of lending model and that average house prices will return to the average, which would be around 150k, in an average 3 bed semi in Deepest South Dublin. Or at most 4 times income.

That means house prices must fall again, and by another 50% from now, or around 75% from peak."

I'd go along with most of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Dionysus wrote: »
    I'd be very sceptical about that.

Took what The-Rigger said to mean that the market was sick during the boom and it's getting back to health now. There's still mad money expected for a lot of property. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

I'd say you're a good bit under with the estimation of the cost of the refurb, which I'd say is certainly closer to €600k as it looks to have been done at boom time prices.

I dont think so, im trying hard to justify the price even if you take at face value that they spent 100K on audio system as claimed (madness!!)

hell the house doesnt even have marble flooring :P

someone lost alot of money there and is trying to find a sucker to lose even more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Dean820 wrote: »
    It has ghosts.

Sham ghosts, when you are in bed at night all you will hear is "Waaaa Waaaa, alright kid, Hannnndiiicap"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

This is the most farcical I've seen.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=300793

I know this area. There are much nicer, much bigger, much better built houses in the area going for a lot cheaper than these mediocrities. 400k for a three-bed bog-standard house in a hardly sought-after area of the country.

Some people live in their own little world, don't they?

If you look at the add again,is it not €400,000 for the three?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

To anyone paying a crazy price for a shíty flat or bedsit, just look at what you can get in the fabulous countryside in the wonderful Co of Cork. :)

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1022121

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

MLH1 wrote: »
    Most Impressive and Cheapest House on Daft

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=481350

In picture 13, is that where you put the kids when they're bold?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

If you look at the add again,is it not €400,000 for the three?

Hmmm, I don't know. It says "10, 11 and 12 Manor Brook" at the top but then in the brief description underneath says "3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms" implying that 400K is the cost for one. Plus the ad was entered in 2007, pre-recession. Of course it can be edited once placed. So, I don't know. :confused: Hmmm...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I mean to have this house,even if it must be burglary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Elfay

Ok first off:
    2 Hardwicke Place, Dublin 1, Dublin City Centre
    €260 Weekly.........umm really??

And Second off:
    No Agents Apply !!!!!!
    Spacious newly decorated 3 bedroom apartment

www.daft.ie/21029137
    (must look at photo 2, because who knew until now that puce and puke were such a color match!?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement