Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Like a room in a minimum security prison or home for troubled children, they even call it a 'unit'. Mmm tiled floor & your own fridge + microwave

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=998892

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

I looked at this thread first thing this morning, i've been sidetracked all day loooking at gaffs!
    Does anyone want to buy mine?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

That depends.... Do you have a crying chair?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MLH1

Most Impressive and Cheapest House on Daft

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=481350

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

/thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

It's been on daft since December 2009.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

thats not the most impressive or cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

/thread?

What are you talking about? This thread is fúcking incredible, and impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's also bloody miles from anywhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Nothing cheap about that when you consider its the bare bones of a house and needs to be done up.

• Advertisement

It's not even finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

any buyers yet mlh1? Funny story about the gravel round that house now blah blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Emmm....anyone else think the OP owns that house?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What are you talking about? This thread is fúcking incredible, and impressive
    but we've found it now have we not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's also bloody miles from anywhere.

Well using google maps it is approx 15 miles from Galway City. But I agree that it is €175,000 totally unfurnished. Plus there could be another reason why it has been on daft for so long...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Impressive? It's hard to imagine an more odrinary house. I suppose it's relatively cheap but it's in the middle of no-where (and not even a scenic no-where) and it's unfinished so god knows how much money still needs to be put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I know the area, it's about 100K too expensive.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

but we've found it now have we not?

The title was just a teaser, there must be more impressive cheap houses out there, we just have to find them!

Go teeeaaaaammm

CorkMan wrote: »
    Well using google maps it is approx 15 miles from Galway City. But I agree that it is €175,000 totally unfurnished. Plus there could be another reason why it has been on daft for so long...

What is the reason? What? I need to know:eek::eek::eek:

It's a lot further from Galway than that...At least 22 miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Emmm....anyone else think the OP owns that house?

Well i initially thought that but then I thought if the OP was the house owner, why would he advertise it to a load of bums in AH who live at home with their mammies and couldnt afford a ready meal never mind a house!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It says on the site it's 18 miles from Galway City.

I imagine the reason it hasn't sold is because it is bloody miles out in the country, looks unfinished and is in Galway County....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

WOW - thats amazing - if only it wasnt so close to Dundalk it would be perfect!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=580947 This is in pretty much the same neighbourhood. It's a lot older so might need some fixing up (rather than finishing) and it's roughly the same size and just as boring to look at.
    If I had to choose between two incredibly boring houses I think I'd choose the one for a third of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Perhaps it's the OP's house and he's trying to generate a bit of interest in it. Hmmm, maybe I'll link to mine here too. :D

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It says on the site it's 18 miles from Galway City.

I imagine the reason it hasn't sold is because it is bloody miles out in the country, looks unfinished and is in Galway County....

Abbeyknockmoy is about 18 miles from Galway, Briarfield is a few miles past that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Why don't I have 2.75 million? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Oranage2 wrote: »
    WOW - thats amazing - if only it wasnt so close to Dundalk it would be perfect!!!

Right in between Dundalk and Drogheda, but sufficiently far from both! The grounds it's on are amazing.

I dunno how it hasn't sold yet.. during the boom the owners were known to have turned down offers of 5+ million!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Squirm

That house is boring. No character.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement