Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec system

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Funnily enough I was pricing a job today where the customer was quoted by another company for HKC Securewatch. The quotation in a plain email format,
    No specs
    No grades
    No company logo........
    it was claiming Securewatch is one of the latest systems on the market. Only on the market 3 years & is the most up to date & gauranteed to be in production & have availability of parts for the next 10 years + :eek::eek:
    Now at first I though Securewatch was a misprint, but its mentioned about 4 times & also on their website:eek:
    The email eneded with this quote:
    "There are a lot of smooth talking cowboys in this business , I suggest you take on board all the advice in this email :D

Could this be the same guy?
    Why companies still selling this is beyond me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was pricing a job today where the customer was quoted by another company for HKC Securewatch. The quotation in a plain email format,
    No specs
    No grades
    No company logo........
    it was claiming Securewatch is one of the latest systems on the market. Only on the market 3 years & is the most up to date & gauranteed to be in production & have availability of parts for the next 10 years + :eek::eek:
    Now at first I though Securewatch was a misprint, but its mentioned about 4 times & also on their website:eek:
    The email eneded with this quote:
    "There are a lot of smooth talking cowboys in this business , I suggest you take on board all the advice in this email :D

Why companies still selling this is beyond me...

Sounds well dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

I know you were saying it 'tongue in cheek' but I can assure you that if you break the cost down the installer didn't make anything near what you think he did. 680 is actually quite a good price. Glad you got it sorted anyway.:)

No i was only messing on a handy days labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sounds like he was talking about himself :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Needless to say the customer is happily getting much better value for money with a nice, shiney,new & up to date SigNET :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Why companies still selling this is beyond me...[/QUOTE]

No definitely not , he told me exactly what he was using , and where he was using it. Dont know what you mean by company logos , but its on the bellbox. Got warrenty as well

dave45dave wrote: »
    Dont know what you mean by company logos , but its on the bellbox. Got warrenty as well
    I was referring to the quote I seen.
    It was done as a simple email, there was no form or structure to it..By no company logo, I meant, there was no letter heading or signiture showing company logo or details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭skar

The quotation in a plain email format,
    No specs
    No grades
    No company logo........
    Plain text email format is OK when company have mail security in mind.
    But attachment (pdf, doc) with item specs, grades, and logo would be nice :rolleyes:

Proper letter headed word doc and pdf data sheets attached to a cover email would be the norm here.

Advertisement