Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotted a mistake on http://www.boards.ie/vote? Let us know here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Veronica Cawley, IND in Sligo/North-Leitrim is on twitter and facebook (Can't find that FB page now, but will return with it later).

Also Tony McLoughlin, FG is on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Naoise Ó Muirí (FG) is showing up at the top of the list for Dublin North Central. Same happening in Galway East to those with an Ó to start their surname.

I'm guessing the system doesn't recognise the fada and is putting them first because of the space that comes next?

Given the supposed advantage to being nearer the top of the candidate list, just thought I'd point it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Little Mickey

John Cregan, FF, isn't running in the election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

One of the candidates for Meath East, Joe Bonner (independent), is missing. He's on thejournal.ie though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

yes i was talking about John Lyons from dublin north west

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

RTÉ lists three extra independents in Dún Laoghaire:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/dunlaoghaire.html

Nick Crawford
    Mike Deegan
    Declan Gardner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

you are missing 4 candidates in Dublin Mid west full list available here

http://www.dublincountyreturningofficer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rabbitbrowne

Gerard Linehan Independent is missing from Cork South Central. He has a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Donal J O'Regan (Independent) is not running. Paperwork issues apparently.

• Advertisement

Gerard Linehan is running Cork South Central his web is gerardlinehan.ie I think I managed to attach a picutre :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Raymond Whitehead (Ind) is running in Dublin South, not in Dun Laoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aisie

Joe Bonner's website is www.joebonnerindependent.net

Dan Boyle (GP)
    Jerry Buttimer (FG)
    Deirdre Clune (FG)
    Simon Coveney (FG)
    Paula Desmond (Lab)
    Sean Dunphy (Ind)
    Michael Finn (Ind)
    Eric Isherwood (Ind)
    Gerard Linehan (Ind)
    Ciarán Lynch (Lab)
    Micheál Martin (FF)
    David McCarthy (Ind)
    Michael McGrath (FF)
    Ted Neville (Ind)
    Diarmaid Ó Cadhla (Ind)
    Finbarr O'Driscoll (Ind)
    Chris O’Leary (SF)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Trevor Sargent is down as 5th place, even though he has more first preferance places than the person in Fourth place.thanks,cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

Meath West Full List as of RTE: http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/meath-west.html

Anyone else getting this ''Please verify your account before voting!'', even though I already did ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

cathy01 wrote: »
    Trevor Sargent is down as 5th place, even though he has more first preferance places than the person in Fourth place.thanks,cathy

Thats how our electoral system works...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭myk

Jonathan Rainey is not a candidate in Cavan/Monaghan. He decided not to contest.

MRPRO03 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting this ''Please verify your account before voting!'', even though I already did vote ?

Bump !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The pop-up for demographic data comes up every time you revise your vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭thesandeman

On Mobile it wont let me click on map when using 'Vodafone Live'.

If I use Opera it works but wont let me submit as it says my Username or Password are incorrect even though they are not :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 haggis10000

Hello. Please update to reflect as follows (See pic attached)- Thank you. C. Hickey - Director of elections for Michael Ryan - Independent Candidate - Dublin Mid West.

Michael Ryan will be contesting his first election.
    He is running as an Independent in Dublin Mid West.
    Ryan emigrated to the UK 15 years ago and now commutes between Dublin and London.

Bring Irish Government salaries in line with comparable EU economies
    Reduce the number of TDs by 25%
    No Dail pensions payable until retirement age
    Encourage emigrants to take an active part in Ireland's future by giving the vote to the diaspora
    Create a culture of volunteering where people can take a direct roll in improving the country's fortunes
    Did you know?

Ryan organised the World's largest charity walk, earning in excess of 25k for charity and securing Rathcoole a spot in the Guinness Book of Records.

<LI class=email style="DISPLAY: inline; FLOAT: left">vote1michaelryan@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5 haggis10000

Hi. Please note Michael Ryan - Independent Candidate Dublin Mid West - Phone contact details for any media related queries are +44 759 596 5726

Victor wrote: »
    The pop-up for demographic data comes up every time you revise your vote.

But I can not revise my vote, thats the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Can you try again please? Seems there was a problem with your adverts account at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Dublin SW, Donal O'Riordan is listed but isn't running here.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

darragh16 wrote: »
    Dublin SW, Donal O'Riordan is listed but isn't running here.

Yeah, was just about to post this. It seems he's running in Cork SW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maguinek

When two candidates are elected in the same count shouldn't their surpluses be distributed seperatly at the same time ?
    e.g in Dublin South West rabbitte and hayes are both elected in the first count but it looks like rabbitte's surplus is distributed in the second count (including some to hayes), then hayes' surplus is distributed in the third count with only 7 votes transfering and 29 non transferable votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

maguinek wrote: »
    When two candidates are elected in the same count shouldn't their surpluses be distributed seperatly at the same time ?
    e.g in Dublin South West rabbitte and hayes are both elected in the first count but it looks like rabbitte's surplus is distributed in the second count (including some to hayes), then hayes' surplus is distributed in the third count with only 7 votes transfering and 29 non transferable votes.
    Boards.ie is doing something in two stages that the returning officer would do in one. I'm not sure if it makes any difference.

Advertisement