Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8mm blank ammunition

Options
  • 04-02-2011 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Does anyone know if you need a permit to buy 8mm blank ammunition?.
    I saw a blank firing pistol for sale at a market just across the border ,
    Thinking of buying it if all is legal, but dont fancy getting into hot water.:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You will need a letter of authorisation from your Superintendent to own and possess the blank firing gun, and ammunition. If you try and get it without this or have it in your possession and are stopped you will find yourself in "hot water".

It is also an offense to brandish an immitation firearm in public.

Speak to your local Super/FO before doing anything.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

You'll need to show a good reason for having it - starting races, training gundogs etc. I got one a few years back and the Super had me stamp a serial number on it so that it was traceable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 owlite700

I was thinking there would be some restrictions alright. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I can see the Super now.......

"8mm... What kind of a cannon is that " :P:P:P

"Is this resticted or not" :P:P:P:P

Advertisement