Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

foals?
    My thoughts exactly :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ugh i fail

The band, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

ugh i fail

foals are a math rock band from england

Math rock? Am I too old for this? What is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

LambsEye wrote: »
    It's ART man. Jeez don't hate.
    Fair enough. I've been there. I made a six foot goose costume once for a pantomime society. The brief was: 'It's got to be able to flap its wings, open and close its beak, and blink its eyes. Oh and lay golden eggs.'
    Got it done in the end, its beak and eyes were operated by pulling left or right string inside the goose body, its wings just moved as it walked or could be pushed from inside and the golden eggs... well.. ya just had to kinda push 'em out of its elasticated bumhole. But that was art too. I got pics but I'd have to scan 'em to the 'puter and all and I'm lazy as f#ck..

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭grungepants

Math rock? Am I too old for this? What is that?

No its just a new label put on an old genre...its indy punk

and Its ok lambseye i like older women.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Hmm, they seem good enough! But that is only judging from 1 song.

Larianne wrote: »
    Have ya met Terry???? :eek:

(Neither have I but I have heard he's actually a decent guy and much friendlier than some other mods/posters)
    Haven't had the emm... pleasure. Not sure I'd like to meet people from here, they never fit the picture you have in your head.

'Embedding disabled by request'
    'Watch on Youtube'

Hate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

ah foals. who manage to juggle a fondness for slayer with a fondness for michael jackson, how the fúck do you pull that one off. the best of a bad, bad bunch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'd leave, couldn't stand to be in a pub listening to people bitch about public sector workers and FF all night. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Picture the scene... Your looking for a pub with your friends who dont use internet forums...

you walk up to a pub filled entirely with after hours regular posters who know who you are.

Not my idea, they were mentioned, people asked who they were, woz helpful, put up youtube vids. I am all-knowing. Omniscient. Nite all.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonniealan

A mate of mine was internet dating for awhile last year. Not sure how many dates he got but he used to go out alot with groups of people from the site often to different pubs around town.

I was on a rare night out in town with some friends one Saturday night and we ended up in the foggy dew ( im not a heavy mettler by the way) (not that theres anything wrong with heavy mettlers) Anyway soon as we walked in teh door there he was with this group of people from the site. the look on his face was priceless pure shock didnt know what to say.

In fairness we all knew what the story was so we gave him a nod and smile and walked on. Later on that night he came over to us and we ribbed him a bit but not much. One of the girls in his group came over and started cracking on to another one of my friends the internet dating guy was none to happy.

Dublin is a small place

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm not real anyway. I'm just a composition of racist/incendiary comments collected from sources around the interwebs and set by spammers to randomly post on Boards.
    I knew it!

*throws prescription medication in the bin*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,980 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RichieC wrote: »
    I'd leave, couldn't stand to be in a pub listening to people bitch about public sector workers and FF all night. :pac:

After a few pints, someone would suggest actions not words, and mob hysteria would take hold. Then it would be rope, pitchforks, lanterns and hunt the FF supporters. Depending on how that went, we'd probably attack Britain, the US, Israel, or whatever other country's name gets pulled out of the hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Larianne wrote: »
    It's grand till you have to introduce people..

"So this is Scumlord...MistyCheese...LambsEye...GizAGooUrGee..UglyBolloxFace..Whoopsadaisydoodles...Terry.." :o

Its hard introducing people to Terry in general :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

NEVER! Push it until the other person cries or bleeds in my opinion.

I did make a friend on the interwebs once. When she transitioned from digital mate to flesh mate we had to concoct a big story about how we met before we met each other's friends.

Did something similar with two boardsies when we were out in The Mecantile on Dame Street in Dublin. Told everyone that we used to work together, X was my manager and Y and me went around door to door handling out leaflets to get us through college.. Completely made up obviously.

Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

ScumLord wrote: »
    I knew it!

*throws prescription medication in the bin*

Don't let the fact that I'm an android amalgamation of assorted user comments stop you taking your meds!

Is it syphilis? It's syphilis isn't it?
    Pyr0 wrote: »
    Did something similar with two boardsies when we were out in The Mecantile on Dame Street in Dublin. Told everyone that we used to work together, X was my manager and Y and me went around door to door handling out leaflets to get us through college.. Completely made up obviously.

Great craic.

Oh course like. Every single one of your mates might be on dating sites and boards but they're ethically obliged to slag you if you admit you are too, as you are in their case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is it syphilis? It's syphilis isn't it?
    If syphilis is the name of the giant ant in my bathroom then yes, yes it is syphilis. He's told me all about your internet plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I'd have no problem going in there. I'd go order myself a pint of the Smithwick family's finest then head for the dartboard ignoring the lot of you. That's how you'll all recognise me at Boards beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

foals?
    Foals is a band :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Foals is a band :D.
    What is math rock? I don't think I've ever heard of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

What is math rock? I don't think I've ever heard of that.
    htt
    p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_rock

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭grungepants

I think mathrock may have influenced nirvana and grunge in general...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPyAii6f-hc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ah yes, because AH posters are a completely different species.

Behold the man who has never been to a boards beers!.

Behold the man who has never been to a boards beers!.
    Beware the man who has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Johro wrote: »
    Beware the man who has.

I did, twice - to look for a bollox who slagged off my daughter..

He has since stopped posting, the windy bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Johro wrote: »
    Beware the man who has.

Been to an AH beers once. Great craic.

• Advertisement

I did, twice - to look for a bollox who slagged off my daughter..

He has since stopped posting, the windy bollox.
    :D Class. Nice work.

Advertisement