Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 4th Feb 2011

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

SkidMark wrote: »
    Right, This was the OP of this thread^^^

Never happened.

Can we all agree to let JonathanAnon open the thread when guests info is available, and he will update it as more information is released

He saves this thread from descending into chaos

Totally agree. :D JA for the Aras

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Iv had enough of this crap, worst LLS show in living memory. I'm off to watch Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

What was the name of that show with the animated dude?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Campbell is a very interesting man...

You think?
    Can't stand him meself.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

ROY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Everyone to Vinny's house*
    >

*Oops. Forgot about that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

SkidMark wrote: »
    Right, This was the OP of this thread^^^

Never happened.

Can we all agree to let JonathanAnon open the thread when guests info is available, and he will update it as more information is released

He saves this thread from descending into chaos

Yeah that's what I said yesterday diddly I?
    amdublin wrote: »
    JonathanAnon is supposed to do the first LLS post :mad:

And he posts ALL the guests :(

:(

And I get lambasted for it:
    Aidric wrote: »
    epic-facepalm.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Roy, or Badly Drawn Roy (originally)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Iv had enough of this crap, worst LLS show in living memory. I'm off to watch Vinny.
    make sure you nominate in for the JA WORST LLS Awards in Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

deelite wrote: »
    Totally agree. :D JA for the Aras

lol.. Best president since Yeltsin.. :D

bottle number 7..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's a heartwarming little programme

Do you remember when the host had to apologise for the LLS running over time. Not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I've switched off the LL. Had enough. Watching VB. Mick Wallace is on, always worth listening to.

OFF TO VINNY

Greentopia wrote: »
    I've switched off the LL. Had enough. Watching VB. Mick Wallace is on, always worth listening to.
    Who that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Helloooo!

Thankfully I have only arrived in now and I missed DLB & the LLS.

I won't be watching it on the RTE site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

auf wiedersehen

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Who that?

Left-wing builder/developer with a social conscience. Ya know with the curly blond hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That's all for tonight on the LLS thread.

Thanks for watching, don't forget to join us next week for the Eurosong special.

If you are staying up, everyone is now on the Vincent Browne thread.

Oiche Mhaith agus Codladh Samh

Night all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Greentopia wrote: »
    There's always someone who says this and it pisses me off TBH.
    The point is we're PAYING for this crap and Tubs fat salary with OUR TV licence fee. It's not enough to say "well turn it off if you don't like it". It's prime time TV, we should be entitled to better than this.

Entitled. Entitled. Entitled. That word has a lot to answer for.

Personally, I tend to be of the opinion that actions speak louder than words. Therefore if something has the propensity to bother me the way this programme clearly bothers you and others here then I can't fathom why you would voluntarily elect to watch it? It clearly serves no purpose other than to cause you misery and to provide you with material to moan about on the internet.

Step 1: (short term) Watch something that you actually enjoy on tv (crazy concept, I know)

Step 2: (long term) Call/email/write to RTÉ to air your grievances. Implore like minded individuals to do same.

This is not me having a go, I can just never understand the mentality of opting to curse the darkness rather than light a candle. In a nutshell, if something pisses you off, do something about it basically. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Personally, I tend to be of the opinion that actions speak louder than words. Therefore if something has the propensity to bother me the way this programme clearly bothers you and others here then I can't fathom why you would voluntarily elect to watch it? It clearly serves no purpose other than to cause you misery and to provide you with material to moan about on the internet.

Step 1: (short term) Watch something that you actually enjoy on tv (crazy concept, I know)

Step 2: (long term) Call/email/write to RTÉ to air your grievances. Implore like minded individuals to do same.

This is not me having a go, I can just never understand the mentality of opting to curse the darkness rather than light a candle. In a nutshell, if something pisses you off, do something about it basically. Simples.
    there's always one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

casio4 wrote: »
    there's always one :rolleyes:

+1

beat me to it.

and that must have taken her ages to write too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

reeta wrote: »
    OMG how bad is Mary Coughlans singing/shouting... that was painful to listen to

What's new. That woman was never a singer. Pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I was on this thread for the first while but when the show went to ****e I switched to something else.
    I find it strange that a large number of people here actually watched the whole thing (and tend to do so most nights) despite plainly not liking it.

kippy wrote: »
    I was on this thread for the first while but when the show went to ****e I switched to something else.
    I find it strange that a large number of people here actually watched the whole thing (and tend to do so most nights) despite plainly not liking it.

ok, i'll give it a go.

suppose you're brought up in a country with limited recourse to 'fun' or 'entertainment' - the main one being the telly.

so a lot of your childhood memories where telly is involved, in a family environment, is the LLS.

now you're an adult. you seek those moments again.

but now a/ you're an adult and more discerning and b/ an inhuman stick insect in hosting the LLS

what do you do/ what do you do?

well, to fufill your LLS memory needs but in a new way - by sharing your disappointment with other like minded individuals.

enter the

ONLINE SLAG-FEST LATE LATE SHOW.

A completely new(ish) concept in interactive entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

RYAN TUBRIDY DOES NOT DELIVER ON TV OR RADIO
    thats how simple it is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ok, i'll give it a go.

suppose you're brought up in a country with limited recourse to 'fun' or 'entertainment' - the main one being the telly.

so a lot of your childhood memories where telly is involved, in a family environment, is the LLS.

now you're an adult. you seek those moments again.

but now a/ you're an adult and more discerning and b/ an inhuman stick insect in hosting the LLS

what do you do/ what do you do?

well, to fufill your LLS memory needs but in a new way - by sharing your disappointment with other like minded individuals.

enter the

ONLINE SLAG-FEST LATE LATE SHOW.

A completely new(ish) concept in interactive entertainment.
    So it's a bit like a fetish?

kippy wrote: »
    So it's a bit like a fetish?
    'sactly. only one never feels the flagellation removes the pain sufficiently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

'sactly. only one never feels the flagellation removes the pain sufficiently.

self-tubuse I think we call it

Advertisement